The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Green Balance skills and passives suck, here's why.

OnGodiDoDis
OnGodiDoDis
✭✭✭
I'm back with more hard evidence Enachanted Growth is weak when compared to other AoE burst heals. Here are the screenshots:0rf2sgmvgr0u.jpg
w5lch8nb1nto.jpg
cags7bpnlvju.jpg

I have the netch for the Major Sorcery. The first picture is portraying my usual frontbar setup with Blessing of Restoration. The second picture shows the tooltip that Enchanted Growth can have if I equipped every Green Balance ability. The Emerald Moss passive grants +2% healing with Green Balance skills for every Green Balance skill slotted. The last picture shows what Enchanted Growth's tooltip would be if I replaced Blessing of Restoration with it.
As you can see, even with the extra 12% healing bonus from slotting all of the Green Balance skills, Blessing of Restoration has a higher tooltip than Enchanted Growth. I would be losing valuable utility skills if i did this. The only way to run my Enchanted Growth would be to replace BoR with it, but that results is a significant healing reduction. Keep in mind that BoR also provides Minor Resolve. This proves that not only is EG an underwhelming skill, but that the Emerald Moss passive is utterly useless.
When we compare this to the Templar's passives Mending and Sacred Ground, the difference in healing power is shocking. u09k3eu2lw1j.jpg
rmq75s7qj1ik.jpg

A Templar need only heal with one Restoring light ability to get the additional 12% healing bonus on an injured target. A Warden must slot all six Green Balance skills to get the same bonus.
sdk5yyhjv11r.jpg

A Templar gets Minor Mending by simply casting Rune Focus, Cleansing Ritual, or Rite of Passage without requiring the target to be under a certain HP%. Wardens get Major Mending by healing allies with a Green Balance ability under 40% HP.
ycj3jppbeseh.jpg

This is where the problem arises once more. There is currently so much cross-healing going on that the chances of me proc'ing Major Mending with Green Balance skills are obsolete.
As it stands, Templar is by far a better healer than a Warden. They have a better healing ultimate, and the Minor Sorcery and Minor Mending make up for the lack of Major Mending, which they can get by Heavy Attacking with a Resto. I, a Warden, have to use a set that grants me Minor Mending when I could be using Spell Power Cure.
So how do we fix this? Instead of granting Major Mending when a target is under a certain HP%, let us get it when we successfully heal a target with a Green Balance skill. I proved the Emerald Moss passive is utter garbage, so let's have it grant armor to healed targets based on their missing HP. This would make Green Balance skills more competitive than Restoration skills, and it would give us a reason to finally use the ultimate when our allies are being ulti dumped, rather than preemptively casting it and then spamming BoR. With the lack of a tide-turning healing ultimate, this is going to give Secluded Grove and its morphs similar power to Rite of Passage, but instead of raw healing power, it will be by making allies more resilient.
Edited by OnGodiDoDis on July 27, 2022 10:55PM
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmm. I can agree that Enchanting Growth definitely feels a bit underwhelming when compared to Blessing of Restoration. However, from the numbers you showed, 18.5 compared to 20.2...that's only a 1.7 difference in healing. I'd almost say that's negligible.

And I wouldn't normally pick EG because it was a better heal but rather for the Minor Endurance/Intellect buffs. If someone was wearing Magma Incarnate, then I wouldn't use BoR and I'd have no problem using EG in that moment, even though it's slightly less of a conal burst heal.

I would like to mention Accelerated Growth - this should actually be changed to give Minor Mending and NOT Major Mending. So far, the only sources of Minor Mending in the game are Healer's Habit (Light Armor Set), Healthy Offering (Nightblade's Burst Heal), and Sacred Ground (Templar's passive). You can make an argument that the Necromancer also gets an 'off the books' Minor Mending because of the Curative Curse passive, granting them 8% Healing Done when a negative effect is on them.

Why Minor Mending instead of Major Mending on the Warden? When playing on a healer, Major Mending is very easy to proc. Just Heavy Attack with a Restoration Staff, and I'll have it virtually on demand. It seems to be a disservice to the class, giving them a buff that already is easy to obtain on a healer. Changing to Minor would make Warden Healers stronger because they now have access to an extra 8% more Healing Done.

You could probably make the same argument for the Dragonknight- Igneous/Fragmented Shield should change to Minor Mending. This would help give more viability to the DK Healer, being to get massive Healing Done when stacking both Major and Minor Mendings.

Conversely, this would be a nerf to the Tank and DD roles for both Warden and DK, but I think that's an acceptable change.
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »
    Mmmmm. I can agree that Enchanting Growth definitely feels a bit underwhelming when compared to Blessing of Restoration. However, from the numbers you showed, 18.5 compared to 20.2...that's only a 1.7 difference in healing. I'd almost say that's negligible.

It may be only 1.7k, but in PvP this is a spammable. Every cast being short 1.7k in healing adds up considerably. BoR also reduces damage taken by applying Minor Resolve. Adding sustain with EG to someone that is at 10% HP is kind of useless. If the 15% bonus healing from the stam version of shrooms is added to the magicka version instead so that it becomes a better spammable, now we're talking.