The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[solved] bug? Craglorn chat is more empty since Zenithar event

Sergykid
Sergykid
✭✭✭✭✭
During Zenithar event they lowered the player limit per instance because many would gather in a single spot. Now Craglorn chat remained empty, barely anyone talking, trading, looking for.
I supose they have a system which is creating instances when one instance of a map reaches the players limit, but during event they probably lowered that players limit.

Probably now this system creates instances on a lower limit than the previous one. Would this be the cause?

Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 28, 2022 2:00PM
-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting theory. Craglorn isn't really dead. It just has far too many instances due to the recent event. I suppose if the next maintenance happens and Craglorn becomes busy out of nowhere, it could add some legitimacy to the theory. Sounds as good as any other theory about dead Craglorn.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting theory. Craglorn isn't really dead. It just has far too many instances due to the recent event. I suppose if the next maintenance happens and Craglorn becomes busy out of nowhere, it could add some legitimacy to the theory. Sounds as good as any other theory about dead Craglorn.

it "has" too many instances? isn't there a system that creates or removes instance depending on how filled one instance is?
    fresh out of maintanance, 0 players online. Craglorn gets filled, reaches for example 100 players in one instance. Then the next instance is created and whoever enters Craglorn enters the new instance. And so on. If in the first instance remain 95 players, the next players that joins Craglorn will go into that instance and become number 96.
    Just like Cyrodiil queue but instead of a queue you enter on an instance that has space until reaches the limit.

i don't know how it works but i suppose it's something like this? or what "any other theory" you know?
    and didn't say Craglorn is dead cuz i suppose it isn't, just the chat feels more dead because fewer player per instance
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be impossible to say for sure what's going on. It's possible that the caps are lowered for each instance. It's possible the event created a bunch of instances that still exist in some way and players are being spread thin between them. Maybe ZOS is aware of this situation and will fix it. Maybe they have no clue and it's a bug. Maybe it's just our imagination or the population just suddenly disappeared recently for "reasons unknown".
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP has resolved their chat issue in Craglorn, we will now close this thread from further comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.