The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get unstuck when stuck in acquire card mode

Roxxsmom
Roxxsmom
✭✭✭
I don't know exactly what I did, but I have the Hlalu Councilor card as an agent, and I'm stuck on the selecting card step. "Select a Card" is up, but when I try to click on one nothing happens. I can't opt out either. It's not frozen up, as I can interact with other things on the desktop. But the game is stalled indefinitely unless there is some way to get out of this mode.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try either "r" or escape? I think "t" also has a function for tot?
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    Try either "r" or escape? I think "t" also has a function for tot?

Is it possible to skip the card-for-free-from-tavern draw with these yellow synergies this way? I sometimes wished I did not have to draw a card when this synergy pops.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Roxxsmom @AnduinTryggva

No promises here, but you could try letting the turn timer run out without making a selection.

At that point you'll either skip acquiring or you may be caused to acquire a card at random.

Good luck!
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭
    I've had a similar experience multiple times. My experiences have involved some combination of acquire card/destroy card decision trees coming up at the same time as another choice being introduced and the game basically getting stuck not allowing either choice to be made. In these cases I've had to just wait for my turn to time out and reap none of the rewards.

Here's a screenshot I took of one such instance. I play in gamepad mode, so I don't know if that affects anything, but I will also note in this image I'm only able to move up and down on the selections in the background and left and right on the selections in the foreground but unable to make any selections. I can also toggle to show the gameboard but this changes nothing other than minimizing the background view.

tdmgizedhzrl.png
  • Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭
    I have also gotten stuck a couple times, if I tap hlaalu patron just before the choice of card to destroy or toss or refresh or aquire window would pop up. The window pops up and the hlaalu patron is highlighted blue but I'm stuck waiting for the end turn timer to run out and forfeit my turn.

Luckily I tend to end with patron use.