Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good gear for hybrid DD/Tank?

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I’ve been testing various options and I’ve concluded that I can’t play a tank in PvP. Yes I can survive being a a tower troll for a while but eventually I get bored and killed.

Pure DD with 2 damage sets feels a little too squishy: I guess I’m not that skilled when it comes to being glass cannon and staying alive.

I’d like to try a more hybrid approach and on my magplar I’m thinking mixing a set like Imperium (extra health and a damage shield) and something like WarMaiden.

What do you think are the best Tanking & DD sets worth mixing?

I’m referring to Magplars and DKs.
Thanks
Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 24, 2022 1:26PM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind of?

"tanky" on a DD usually just means "is not a bomber and has enough HP to run / skirmish" and not so much "tank"
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely no bomb-plar or bomb-knight here 😂😂
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

There's plenty of things that add both, like Rally, Markyn, Magma, Heartland Conqueror, Oakensoul
    All rather popular I believe.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

There's plenty of things that add both, like Rally, Markyn, Magma, Heartland Conqueror, Oakensoul
    All rather popular I believe.

Oakensoul with Rally Cry is a great start to get your DPS/tanking on in PVP. From there it is a matter of do you want to go with another 5 piece set or 3 piece set and a monster set with trainee gear piece.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys but I’m really trying to avoid Oakensoul…didn’t bother with it before and definitely not now I know it will be needed