The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kill 20/40 player quests don't generally both get credit for kills

jrfk2
jrfk2
✭✭✭
So am usually running Cryodiil with a group of friends and we'll have the kill 20/40 player quests .. and my impression for those quests is that if you do enough damage to a player, not necessarily kill them outright, or if you are nearby a team mate who does enough damage .. and that opposing player dies (now or while you are still in Cryodiil) then that should count toward both the kill 20 and kill 40 player quests.

But generally in game I will see one of them tick off and not the other .. like I'll start the session with both at 0 .. yet when I complete the kill 20 quest I don't have 20 kills towards the kill 40 quest ..
So curious if there is more to what contributes towards a kill such that one will increment and the other will not ..
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 27, 2022 12:47AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I believe the kill 20 player quest counts even if a group mate damages the opponent or even gets the killing blow.

But the kill 40 one doesn't seem to work if a group mate damages the enemies.

So, for example, if you are running solo, even with a zerg at a big keep fight, you will progress both quests equally. But the moment join group with someone, the kill 40 will be dependent on what your group mate is doing.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20 is easy, team members can fill it for you, solo the slightly scratch will get you credit.

40 is buggy as hell, always has been. Again, solo even the slightest hit will get you credit. But grouped it's just a hot mess. Just grouped with one other person the game will just randomly decide who to give credit to. You can do 95% of damage and the other person who got one light attack in may get credit. Or vice versa.

I had one funny one where I shared the quest, I was at like 35/40 already. My friend i was fighting side by side with the whole time finished it before I did. We ended up just experimenting to see if it was because they were dealing more damage. It wasn't.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kill 40 is so bugged that our group's healers have an easier time completing it than most of the DDs, it's bizzare.
    The Kill 20's all work as expected.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you need to get the KB if grouped for Kill 40, but assists in groups work for Kill 20.

That’s why I always solo for K40. Get it done much faster.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

We have moved this thread to a more appropriate category.

Regard,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post