The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Accumulated Power Just Vanished into Thin Air

MJ202
MJ202
✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I completed the Intermediate level ToT tournament and while playing Raenobi, encountered an odd occurrence. I’m posting this here versus under “Bugs” as I would like to hear if anyone else has encountered this or if there might be some card play going on I'm not aware of.

I was about 2/3 of the way through the game and was making mental calculations to compute where I currently was, and what I would have when ending my turn. Raenobi had a total of 17 prestige and DID NOT have any agents on the board. I had one coin available, 27 prestige, and 10 power. The card decks in play were Hlaalu, Crows, Celarus, and Ansei Hunding. I don’t recall the status of the Patrons.

As I looked over the cards, there were no more I could play or obtain from the tavern. I made mental calculations as to how far ahead I would be at the end of the turn. Adding 10 power to 27 prestige would give me 37 prestige, leaving Raenobi needing 20 prestige to catch up. The math said my next turn could likely be the winning round of the tournament.

I ended my turn and briefly watched Raenobi start to play cards. I looked down at my side of the board and was shocked to see I was still at 27 prestige! My 10 power from the end of my turn did not appear to carry over and add to the 27 prestige I already had. I still ended up winning the tournament, but it took a couple of more hands to secure the win.

Has anyone else had this happen to them, or am I overlooking something which would preclude all of 10 points, in part or in whole, not adding to the accumulated prestige? (Keep in mind Raenobi DID NOT have any active agents on the board at the time.) Furthermore, this is the third character I’ve run through the intermediate ToT tournament, and this did not occur on either of the first two.
Edited by MJ202 on July 26, 2022 2:05PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it sounds like a possible bug

the only thing opponents can do with power is absorb it with taunt agents (the only mechanic im aware of that stops power->prestige conversion)

there was no rahjin in play in your game either, so the opponent couldnt have lowered your prestige either
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014