Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Suggestions for Improvement.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
1. Improve dodging, the game sometimes tells you to dodge to avoid an incoming attack, but no matter how well you time your dodge, the attack will always hit you. Dodging does not dodge anything, it just moves you a few meters. Considering how insanely expensive it is to dodge, I feel this ability really needs changes. If you want it to be an ability you use for nothing else than getting out of the way of red aoe circles, then it needs to be much cheaper to use.

2. Twohanded light and heavy attacks direly need improvement, they are extremely slow, which is understandable, but their damage does not offset this. Twohanded light attacks do less damage than light bow attacks, and the heavy attacks are incredibly slow without having the damage to justify this slowness. Both the light and heavy attacks need more damage, but the heavy attacks need another feature to offset their incredibly slowness, I would suggest a 1 second knockdown and guaranteed enchant proc.

3. When you block a heavy attack, the enemy is off balance and you can knock him down with a heavy weapon attack, I would suggest making this a little cooler-looking, and adding a 1m knockback as well to this feature. Especially with staves and bows this will add a lot of added coolness, but with melee weapons it will look much more impactful as well, without making it any more powerful.

4. Please consider improving some of the dual wield abilities, abilities like Twin Slashes and Whirlwind especially, are very weak and lackluster. Maybe just having them do more damage could already fix this problem, or giving them better features at least.
Edited by Zsymon on April 28, 2014 1:37PM
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    what about the guided missile from staffs they go round corners , pity the bow cant do that,
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense though, arrows are physical projectiles obeying the laws of gravity and acceleration, while staves hurl magical balls of energy. I see no problem with them being homing.
    Edited by Zsymon on April 28, 2014 12:39PM
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arrows home in on enemies, too. What are you talking about?
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    5. It would be nice to allow us to use our own forum avatars, and in general spice up the official forum a little. For example have three different forums that you select at the beginning, depending on language, rather than have the different forum topics hustled together in French and German and English.