The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Starting drawing clear advantage - as shown by my data

• AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartrage wrote: »
    JJMaxx1980 wrote: »
    This doesn’t take into account Patron decisions, which can be chosen based on whether going first or second.

Not quite sure what you mean. Before you know if you will draw first or second the patron selection is done.

And interacting with patrons is first available to both players at the time of their draw (meaning that the first player also has first the opportunity to interact with a patron), second my data base is accross matches with various decks so whatever effect you are talking about is already included in the numbers. And they have a clear and very obvious message supporting that what has been said by other players before in various threads.

Actually, you select patrons after you learn if you draw first or second. The first player to play also choose one patron first.

That is simply not true for the game I play. You and your opponent first select the 4 patrons and then it is decided who plays first.

Are you playing against NPCs or other players?

Other players! And I have to say that I fully misunderstood the post. I understood it like: It is decided who starts first and then ppl select the patrons.

What has been meant and what I misunderstood is that actually who selects the patron first will also start drawing. And this is definitely the case.
  • amgame308_ESO
    amgame308_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few things I've seen.

If you get Midnight Raid on turn 1 the game is effectively over. That card should be 5 with a 2 power 2 power. It's out of place for that deck theme. Or 3 power and remove a card.

Crows - Get behind on card draw Crows in the first two turns the game is over.

Getting Armory 1st turn. The game is over.

Allowing the other player to get access to the patron you chose with no side bar. Unless you are playing a complete noob the game is 90% RNG or have individual taverns.

• Tuonra2
    Tuonra2
    ✭✭
    There are a few things I've seen.

If you get Midnight Raid on turn 1 the game is effectively over. That card should be 5 with a 2 power 2 power. It's out of place for that deck theme. Or 3 power and remove a card.

Crows - Get behind on card draw Crows in the first two turns the game is over.

Getting Armory 1st turn. The game is over.

Allowing the other player to get access to the patron you chose with no side bar. Unless you are playing a complete noob the game is 90% RNG or have individual taverns.

I have won games with hlaalu aggressive selling plays vs all three of these scenarios.
    Even once won a game where the opponent started with double egg mine and a house marketplace turn 1.
    Anything is possible.

Of course most of the time you're right, but conceding and complaining instead of trying for that 10% win chance is the difference between having good or bad memories of the game to look back on.