Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you keep your sets?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hiya!

I am kind of a pack rat....I keep all my sets that I create. And have less bank space because of it.
Since they are bound, I can't sell them. But never deconstruct...so sentimental.

What are others doing?

*BONUS* favorite set - Twice Born Star....yeah, dates and useless in PvP but love the flexibility of changing my Mundus...

Thotz?

Z
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I played on PS4, I had a number of sets stored away (Hundings,Kvatch, Clever Alc. just to name a few).

Now I'm on PC...I'm a little leery on investing in sets I rarely use nowadays. So my armor crafting has (so far) been neglected.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • ixmike
    ixmike
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever used exactly what I have on: 5 of Hunding's Rage, 5 of Night Mother's Gaze, and 2 Soldier of Anguish.

I can't see how you people do it. It took me YEARS to not only craft all these items from scratch, but to get them all to Legendary. I'm not doing that all over again. lol
    Xbox NA, DC NB.Gamertag: swampfoxix
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had storage chests full of dungeon gear drop sets and some overland sets but some time after the sticker book I cleaned those out and deconned them. I wasn’t using them and I have ready access to transmute gems so I just reconstruct items now if I need them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have around 700 pieces of gold quality gear, including jewelry. I never deconstruct them.

For example, I have 28 pieces of Druid's Braid that I made recently to test PvP healer builds. You can get very close to an OP Sorc healer build right now but it's not quite as good as some alternatives.

I experiment heavily in PvP and collect as much data as possible.

trymX6S.png

242 rows of nothing but Druid's Braid variations. Yes, I'm insane.

AZckmKH.png

Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 12, 2022 3:25PM
    PC NA
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decon everything I don't intend to use, with the exception of a few gold jewelry sets.

It's really cheap to just rebuild something I want at a later time.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SkaraMinoc you love the Craft!

Love it!

• Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    I don't do much aside from housing, questing, crafting, fishing, etc., so sets aren't a big concern. If I created any for myself (so far I only craft gear for master writs) I'd probably only keep those I used regularly, though.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, the only gold gear I have are the few pieces my characters are currently using, and it’s just weapons.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can craft it then I don't need to keep it because I can craft at another time. If its a set I have completely collected that too I don't keep as reconstructing cost and dismantle is always 25 transmute crystals. I'm sitting on 1000+ gold tempers for smithing, woodworking, and clothing; I don't have a lot of use for them. Jewelry on the other hand I only have around a couple dozen gold plating at the moment, but there's 150+ purple plating so I'll upgrade to that at least.

I'm more simplistic when it comes to sets, all my stamina characters are using Shacklebreakers and Heartland Conqueror, most of my magicka characters are using Diamond's Victory and random overland sets.
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to keep all of my crafted sets. I have 14 characters and figure that any set that was good enough to craft, can be kept just in case one of my alts could use it.

Now, I have a LOT of monster shoulders and helmets in my bank/storage. I am strongly considering deconstructing those because I can always craft them later. I am considering it, but havent had the guts to do it yet.

What do you guys do with the monster sets you have/get? Decon them or keep for possible future use?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I keep sentimental items in the housing chests. I also have three chests dedicated to each of the three roles (one per role) and a bunch of random DPS sets in my bank that I should probably decon since at this point its clear I'm not gonna use them.
    MonkLoHan wrote: »
    What do you guys do with the monster sets you have/get? Decon them or keep for possible future use?

I decon them if they're off-trait or I most likely won't use. Since there's only 3 helmets and 3 shoulders they're pretty easy to get down to low recon cost.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try to keep monster set helms in all three weights if I can and the shoulders too. I haven’t done a lot of vet dlc dungeons so that’s not a huge number.

From what I understand of you reconstruct them they will be at epic quality so there may not be a huge advantage to doing so, unless I am misinformed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kingsirdrmr
    kingsirdrmr
    ✭✭✭
    I keep a M, H helm and L, M, H shoulders from every monster set in the game. I also keep gold jewelry from the weekend vendor. I also keep my active gear, since my healer and tank have a PvE daily build and a Cyrodiil build and I switch between them often enough.

Before sticker book, I used to keep rare dungeon sets. I have enough upgrade mats to reconstruct as needed thanks to the yearly free craft bag.
    For the Queen! | PC/NA, Cyrodiil, IC, Quests, CP 2000+[*] Tyaminal-rabi | Khajiiti Sorceress [*] Vita-rabi | Khajiiti Warden werewolf[*] Dr Good-and-Sexy | Argonian Warden[*] the Southern Mare | Redguard Necromancer[*] Sally Two-Horns | Orsimer Nightblade
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I nuke everything. We have some guild folks who will run 18 dungeons back to back each time with a low level or someone without the ESO+ dungeon curse so that we can farm 180 crystals in an hour or two whenever people are a bit short.

The only stuff I now keep are trial sets I've not got many pieces of so would be expensive to reconstruct. That's mostly because I don't do trials often.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that I'm not using goes onto the guild store or into the grinder.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    I keep the sets I really like and deconstruct the others because they can be rebuilt at a transmute station.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to hoard items till I found myself playing Inventory Online instead of Elder Scrolls Online. If I wanted to deal with shuffling inventory around all day, I would have gotten a job at a warehouse.

Nowadays, if I'm not using it, I sell it or decon it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just haven't deconstructed my golden sets.
    Everything else, if I don't intent to sell, is desconstructed.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if I have maxed the items to gold quality (or purple for jewelry.)

I also keep using some long after they stop being near BIS. I have a magicka sorc still running around with a gold set of Twice Born Star I crafted about 6 years ago lol.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some Training Sets I have kept.

I have some Combat sets I have kept.

But, I have tons of mats, and other than Jewelry, there is no reason to keep any thing I can craft unless I know an alt is going to use it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"