The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tanking in Update 35

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't seen much on this topic. For people that are testing on PTS, how is tanking changing?

For example, I enjoy tanking on off-meta classes like nightblades, sorcerers, templars, etc. Are tanks going to be running new setups? Are new skills/morphs going to be used over popular others?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 25, 2022 1:37AM
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prelim comments from TC Lee, Tank Club, here https://youtube.com/watch?v=pwhCmfhxvY0

the two points that stuck with me are changes to healing over time and the mish-mash of timers (DOT timers updated, set and enchant timers not updated to match). that last bit is really going to mess me up, if the effects we use skills to trigger no longer match the skill timers...

i really hope ZOS takes the time to go over all skills and related set and enchant effects, to make sure the sets and enchant timers still make sense. I fear that this will be left to "Phase 2" ...which means it will never happen. same thing with spell power and weapon power pots, for example - that aspect of hybridization was left for later, but now they're moving on to something else instead of finishing hybridization.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much gonna change for tanks. Zos already said they will revert ground HoTs back to 1 sec tick. Only thing is that the flights gonna last abit longer due to dps nerfs. So tanks need to manage resources, mechs little longer and have more patience with pugs.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will do more damage with heavy and light attack

Some changes to sorc tanks that I don't recall
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »
    Not much gonna change for tanks. Zos already said they will revert ground HoTs back to 1 sec tick. Only thing is that the flights gonna last abit longer due to dps nerfs. So tanks need to manage resources, mechs little longer and have more patience with pugs.

Does this include Radiating Regeneration?

PS5/NA
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kusto wrote: »

What about crusher in elemental wall. Will this be corrected?
    I don't remember, where I saw that enchanting ticked differently than wall of elements and missed several times.