Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

DC's single-handedly ruined Grey Host PC NA

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Grey Host's been extremely unfun as of late for me. Why? DC. DC's been constantly farming empty keeps, running constant troll groups, having people be on alts steal Volendrung from the other 2 factions and give it to them, and more. People who actively grief, troll, and exploit aren't being banned. I don't know what else to say other than they're making Cyrodiil unfun, to the point of me wanting to switch campaigns.
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    I play DC on GH - PC NA together with my wife. When login at EU time, there is usually 1 group from EP abusing a certain way to get inside glademist without sieging at all. The same players did this not only to get inside glade and capture it in no time, but also to grab one of the scrolls we had the other day which was put there. Besides that EP and AD is double teaming at this time literally every day. There was only 1 day since the campaign started when DC wasn't gated at that time. When there is not EP trolling us, then its AD making trollsiege to get couple of homekeeps lit for distraction. Its so bad, that we decided to not login anymore at our usual playtime. What would you do when: Outnumbered everywhere you go? Getting farmed no matter what? Getting gated, trolled, always playing at a disadvantage because all scrolls gone, team orange with emp on top, several gank and bomb squads at it, and when trying to get something done you fail of course, so all you can do is wait for hours for players and guilds from other timezones to login to turn everything around again? No thanks. And this is what happens every single day.

So yea it is unfun indeed, I am with you on this. The real shame though is it became a standard in cyrodiil. Nowadays you got those players in every faction and every campaign. Blackreach for example is no different. Its even worse there, since you got no faction lock. People don't even need another account for stuff like this, they just hop on a different character. But this is to be expected, because this whole campaign system rewards such behaviour. PvP guilds adjusted and coordinate their tactics cross faction wide. Can't do anything about it.

Cyro never change. Until ZOS decides to rework their 3 faction war and campaign system.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    The populations wax and wane. Right now EP seems to be outnumbered, but it wasn't that long ago AD and DC had the same complaints.
    Edited by Soraka on June 10, 2022 6:55PM
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grey Host's been extremely unfun as of late for me. Why? DC. DC's been constantly farming empty keeps, running constant troll groups, having people be on alts steal Volendrung from the other 2 factions and give it to them, and more. People who actively grief, troll, and exploit aren't being banned. I don't know what else to say other than they're making Cyrodiil unfun, to the point of me wanting to switch campaigns.

How exactly do they farm empty keeps?
    Why not switching to faction locked campaign?
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

Grey Host is the faction-locked campaign.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But then players should not be able to do this:
    "having people be on alts steal Volendrung from the other 2 factions and give it to them"
    Alts of another faction should not be able to log-in into a locked campaign isn't it?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Form a group to go after them. Take their keeps. Take the

"having people be on alts steal Volendrung from the other 2 factions and give it to them"
    Alts of another faction should not be able to log-in into a locked campaign isn't it?

I agree. Good observation.
  • FannyWarden
    FannyWarden
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Form a group to go after them. Take their keeps. Take the

I agree. Good observation.

I'm pretty sure they meant alt account. There is nothing stopping someone from making a second account on one of the opposing alliances and spying, griefing, etc.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if it is not doing anything and Cyro is more toxic than ever, ...can we remove lock yet, or...?
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on AD and play in GH... If nobody is scouting a keep.. and a group of DC finds it.. what's wrong with them taking a free keep? People should start taking scouting a bit more seriously (especially if you're solo'ing) rather than hanging out at Alessia bridge all night long. As for Volendrung.. it's so easy to counterattack it...
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that has ever bothered me about DC is the fact that it has more people. That is honestly not something they can be held responsible for though. People are fickle and gravitate toward the winning factions. That, I believe, is the true source of people's frustration. EP is also starting to grow in numbers because of this. AD has been outnumbered in the last two camps. However, I still enjoy it. Even when we are outnumbered, we occasionally win, and the challenge makes our victory even more delicious. Besides, it's not all about winning for me. It's about playing and having fun. Which is against the rules, I know.

In addition, every faction teams up against the weakest or least populated. It's not done maliciously; it's just the game. If they can work with another faction to take their enemy's scroll, they will. It's the same as when a faction steals a scroll just to dunk it, so two factions are forced to fight. This game should be more about strategy than just pure brute strength. We are at war, it's not about what's fair. So long as people aren't cheating, like the ones who take scrolls with no siege, (I can't believe people do that), I see no problem with it.

Anyway, I like DC. They are a fun challenge with their bombs and ball groups.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    with nord and orc being the basis for a large number of the new High Isles builds, it has meant a lot of new characters & players have gone to EP & DC (especially given most people dont have "any race, any alliance tokens").

This has left a large skill vacuum in AD when you take other veterans jumping to other alliances to "follow the wins" into considerations.

Its also not unusual to see 20+ AD characters just standing around doing nothing at eastern HQ and a few standing around shrines for 30+ mins when porting to keeps. This leaves AD short in fights and defence.

i actually spoke to one of the players who was standing around in a keep doing nothing, he said most are pve and its easy for them to get AP points standing around in the keep. They get all the defensive ticks for the keep because they are inside it, even tho they do nothing
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    DizzyMac wrote: »
    i actually spoke to one of the players who was standing around in a keep doing nothing, he said most are pve and its easy for them to get AP points standing around in the keep. They get all the defensive ticks for the keep because they are inside it, even tho they do nothing

<< That bothers me so much. I don't know how pop lock works, but if they are taking up space that could be reserved for actual fighters it makes me want to push someone over. In the end, they're the ones losing out. I used to only do pve too, but pve pales in comparison to the thrill and challenge that pvp brings. So their loss.

I too have seen people just lingering around, I assumed they were preparing to group up and do stuff since my old guild did that. Welp, guess pvp is soon to be the new hot spot for rp.
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »
    << That bothers me so much. I don't know how pop lock works, but if they are taking up space that could be reserved for actual fighters it makes me want to push someone over. In the end, they're the ones losing out. I used to only do pve too, but pve pales in comparison to the thrill and challenge that pvp brings. So their loss.

Bothers me a lot too. when it comes to pop lock they do count in the numbers, so it leaves AD massively short all the time

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play AD because for the last 3 years they are underdogs of PC NA Grey ghost. It's easy to open another account an play the zerg faction of the month. Some people just love to zerg an think they are awesome. Let them enjoy themselves too. Just fight outnumbered till you get as good as all the other low pop players an enjoy growing in strength an the few battles you win.

If that doesn't sound appealing then this one suggests joining EP or DC. Both are equally zergy an ran by the same guilds.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems pretty cyclical to me. I was used to coming online DC being gated and/or missing our own scrolls to start the evening for a lot of years. Last couple months though; we've had enemy scrolls. Prime time, it depends on where you go on if you get zerged
  • FannyWarden
    FannyWarden
    ✭✭
    I play AD because for the last 3 years they are underdogs of PC NA Grey ghost. It's easy to open another account an play the zerg faction of the month. Some people just love to zerg an think they are awesome. Let them enjoy themselves too. Just fight outnumbered till you get as good as all the other low pop players an enjoy growing in strength an the few battles you win.

If that doesn't sound appealing then this one suggests joining EP or DC. Both are equally zergy an ran by the same guilds.

Lol, I am AD and that is not my perception of our alliance on GH. Outside of a few tower troll groups and a decent ball group, most of us pvdoor empty keeps while EP and DC are fighting each other. It is really boring PVP, but I am too cheap to buy alliance change token. And for some reason, we only fight EP. A few times when a guildie and I took some DC resources, we got hate whispers from our own faction.

Now that low pop bug has been fixed, I think we are doomed to last place.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, I am AD and that is not my perception of our alliance on GH. Outside of a few tower troll groups and a decent ball group, most of us pvdoor empty keeps while EP and DC are fighting each other. It is really boring PVP, but I am too cheap to buy alliance change token. And for some reason, we only fight EP. A few times when a guildie and I took some DC resources, we got hate whispers from our own faction.

Now that low pop bug has been fixed, I think we are doomed to last place.

Thanks for your perception. I've heard another perception from others that say all 3 factions are the same players going back an forth on multiple accounts. That seems more likely as the number of account bans for pvp was 400 last time an 600 the time before that.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    These trolls have 2 separate accounts. Some of the @names are so similar, I know it's the same. No way to fix this because you have ppl in the same family playing, but on different factions. I've watched streamers (that don't delay) and have seen the exact commands EP has just issued repeated in zone chat. They will say "EP going to Bleaks", or whatever. I've seen them report FC locations as well. Mostly on DC alts lately.

And yes, I can see the other faction chat as well on these streamers. I can hop on discords and watch live streams. So ..............

But understand there are some faction hoppers that ONLY try to mess up things from the faction that "trolled them off the alliance".

Unless you run with a strong group of 6-8 or just stand on keep walls, it is usually not a good experience. In these times, if I'm solo, I stand post above Arrius FD and multi task doing other things irl. Not bad because I can keep sound on and call make early calls. I do have a business, where I have a lot of things to do. So I guess it works for me. You can ask how much time I spend "guarding" Arrius or Chalman.

Edited by darvaria on July 17, 2022 7:49PM
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭

The run groups with 12 radiating regens, all stacking. Instead of limiting the number of ppl regen will hit, in 35 they decided to just nerf regens. I don't think it will help that much.

In a news type podcast several months ago, I thought ZOS mentioned that would add a type of effect to siege. Like it would hit the whole group with more impact.

Mostly they run around Arrius or KC. Only DC has good types of groups like there. There is a group that played EP campaign that could do it. Sometimes there is an AD ball group, but they are mostly easy to wipe. (unless it's that group that came to EP last campaign. If you get in close you usually die. Only time I ever die to them is when trying to use siege on them because i pop mist and then utli regen. You can also use that Necro ulti to run right through them. I can mist right through them most of the time, but what good is that doing? NONE. A lot of players just leave the infected keep or even leave cyro all together. I've decided I'm leaving immediately from now on when that starts.

• darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah they build ulti's, turn around with DarkC, proxy det., meteors, etc. and group bomb players. I've heard a lot of solo bombers say they don't touch their hp. Finally, someone springs negate or something. If you see these players running and turn, RUN. Have RAT or Mist so you can bolt away. I am firmly committed to avoiding them from now on. I did die once yesterday to one of those groups, but it's not happening again. I'm leaving.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grey Host is 3 way locked most of the time so populations are identical.
    AD nightcap, every single night, but they choose not to sleep...
    EP and AD have access to the same sets and playstyles as DC.
    In most factions, the resident idiot will run for the hammer and die with it, miles ahead of the faction, without a healer, and rarely sober. This Is Known. It's not a conspiracy. And I say this with love, as it's usually a friend.
    DC is not weak -they are perfectly happy stomping into tri-keeps to get the hammer. It is how scrolls also mysteriously go missing. Spies and double agents not required.
    What are the other factions missing?
    Leadership.
    *EP has two epic ball groups atm, several brilliant small mans and a number of players people cross the map to avoid - and AD has a bunch of exceptional small man groups and that night time zerg of doom.
    Edited by merevie on July 18, 2022 10:37AM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play PC NA Greyhost, some of the comments missed the server in the title.

All the factions are similar but over the entire day they tend to even out. Guilds log in at the same time on the same days, so the Cyrodiil "clock" needs to be observed.

For instance, a certain EP guild starts at about 10am my time zone, if EP have Crops then that guild will hit bloodmayne within 30 mins.

The difference in organisation is the determinant of who does best at any time, prime time all factions have the same populations, DC has been losing population at "night" this new campaign against 2 or 3 bar AD, EP but often 1 bar DC win the eval hour because AD and EP are bridge fighting with no leadership.

What does annoy me is the play safe mantra that has developed. "Oh don't do x y z we may get gated by nasty team orange, purple or green." "Lets dunk the scroll so it resets so we don't get attacked" NO you play to win every hour, you get the scroll you put it in your keep (you get an hour to farm it if you want) Too many tactics when the strategy is simple, pvp in a pvp zone.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing that has ever bothered me about DC is the fact that it has more people. That is honestly not something they can be held responsible for though. People are fickle and gravitate toward the winning factions.

I remember for the longest time (I'm talking years) DC was the underpopulated alliance, on all servers really. It only has Bretons, Orcs and Redguards and people wanted to play elves, nords and khajiit so for years it was the red-headed stepchild of Cyrodiil.

Interesting that now it isn't. Wonder what prompted that change?
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that has ever bothered me about DC is the fact that it has more people. That is honestly not something they can be held responsible for though. People are fickle and gravitate toward the winning factions.

I remember for the longest time (I'm talking years) DC was the underpopulated alliance, on all servers really. It only has Bretons, Orcs and Redguards and people wanted to play elves, nords and khajiit so for years it was the red-headed stepchild of Cyrodiil.

Interesting that now it isn't. Wonder what prompted that change?

I wasn't playing back then so I honestly wouldn't know. I started on EP because my main character is a dark elf. I eventually switched to AD because I liked them more. I never tried out DC because it just seemed like they had more than enough people and AD is really nice and fun to play on.