The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yet another IC leaderboard request

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Among the higher end PvPers I talk to (both friends/guildies and enemy faction players) the general consensus seems to be that when IC is well populated, it's some of the best PvP the game has to offer. The tight city alleyways, the dangerous Boss AoEs, the constant danger of losing a large chunk of Tel Var, and the low time between fights all combine together for a delicious PvP zone. The problem? Outside of double tel var events, hardly anyone goes to IC because there isn't much reason to besides farming Tel Var.

Zos, please add a leaderboard system similar to Emp in Cyrodiil. It may not drastically increase the population, but it couldn't possibly hurt it either as it would give people more of a reason to go to IC. The monster sets added were a great idea, however they only briefly increased the population on release. Instead of something like Emperor, just call it Imperial Vizier or something along those lines. You could even have patrolling horror kills contribute to leaderboard score to incentivise those not quite as skilled at PvP to push the leaderboard.

I understand that developer time and resources is limited, so I also understand that a huge IC overhaul is likely out of the picture. However I believe that adding a leaderboard system to IC would be an excellent (and somewhat easy) way to encourage people to visit IC, and I know many, many, many vet PvPers would love it if IC was more consistently populated.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, some IC love would be good.
    I actually liked the fragments system etc but it got completely devalued when the jewelry dropped in dailies etc.

Even if they added Gold options or something.

I digress, a leaderboard would be cool. Most wanted or bounties too etc etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The low amount of telvar you earn during non events is also part of the problem. There's a reason why it's packed during mayhem. Items that charge telvar are significantly overpriced, imo.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on July 5, 2022 2:17PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the limited action in IC I cannot support a leaderboard that is mostly based on turning flags.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when IC is well populated, it's some of the best PvP the game has to offer. The tight city alleyways, the dangerous Boss AoEs, the constant danger of losing a large chunk of Tel Var, and the low time between fights all combine together for a delicious PvP zone. The problem? Outside of double tel var events, hardly anyone goes to IC because there isn't much reason to besides farming Tel Var.
    I don't think that this is the problem.
    The problem of IC is the ganking.
    All the rest comes far behind and so a leaderboard would not help at all.

You are right - PvP in IC was really fun some years ago and I agree it could be the best PvP in eso.
    As a medium cyro PvPer I dont like to go to IC even for events - and thats because ganking was (and pretty sure still is) so much popular and the gankers have a to big advantage (when you are not super good and/or tanky) when you are already fighting PvP or PvE.
    If there would be something implemented like "if you were in stealth/invisible (longer then X) for Y seconds before the kill - you dont get tel-var and AP" it would maybe help IC. But I see myself the problems with a rule like that - especially for NBs.
    This makes the situation even worse, because now in IC are only gankers and the best players - almost no medium player around and so a medium player like myself gets almost never a feeling of success.

Anyway - after multiple times where I fought a boss or adds - and get ganked when the boss was low or when i just earned the TV, I just don't like to come to IC again. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of ppl have the same opinion...
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »
    when IC is well populated, it's some of the best PvP the game has to offer. The tight city alleyways, the dangerous Boss AoEs, the constant danger of losing a large chunk of Tel Var, and the low time between fights all combine together for a delicious PvP zone. The problem? Outside of double tel var events, hardly anyone goes to IC because there isn't much reason to besides farming Tel Var.
    I don't think that this is the problem.
    The problem of IC is the ganking.
    All the rest comes far behind and so a leaderboard would not help at all.

You are right - PvP in IC was really fun some years ago and I agree it could be the best PvP in eso.
    As a medium cyro PvPer I dont like to go to IC even for events - and thats because ganking was (and pretty sure still is) so much popular and the gankers have a to big advantage (when you are not super good and/or tanky) when you are already fighting PvP or PvE.
    If there would be something implemented like "if you were in stealth/invisible (longer then X) for Y seconds before the kill - you dont get tel-var and AP" it would maybe help IC. But I see myself the problems with a rule like that - especially for NBs.
    This makes the situation even worse, because now in IC are only gankers and the best players - almost no medium player around and so a medium player like myself gets almost never a feeling of success.

Anyway - after multiple times where I fought a boss or adds - and get ganked when the boss was low or when i just earned the TV, I just don't like to come to IC again. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of ppl have the same opinion...

Well that's part of the reason Gankers rule there though, there's really nothing else to fight for besides Tel-Var. Gankers aren't invincible, but you have to build appropriately to fight them - you have to care enough about winning against them to build appropriately. There's usually only a good fight to keep the districts all one color during events, so that those less experienced in PvP can more easily get their tickets. By far these are some of the most fun times in the game for many players.

This Leaderboard would be no more about capturing empty flags than Cyro's, and I agree with OP very much about letting Patrolling Horrors or even Coldharbour Elite Guard count towards the Leaderboard, why not, if it encourages more to fight in the zone it diminishes the chances of placing on the board by farming empty flags.

I wouldn't mind a flag in the Barathrum Centrata, and maybe a few other spots in the Sewers.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When it's hot, IC is like one giant Deathmatch arena with multiple zones. I just wish it was populated more often and actually gave rewards. Most players aren't carrying any Tel Var at all during those big fights.
    PC NA
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    With the limited action in IC I cannot support a leaderboard that is mostly based on turning flags.

Then make it based on kills. The point is to implement something to get more people down there fighting other players
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then make it based on kills. The point is to implement something to get more people down there fighting other players

If it is based on kills, and population is low ...

How hard would it be for two folks to get on the leaderboard by taking turns killing each other?
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who else here remembers the 24/7 Memorial Deathmatch Brawl before they messed with the spawns? Can we revert back to that? Let's also cap Telvar player kill gains at half what you're carrying. Risk 0 Telvars, your kills win 0 Telvars. The current systems punish actual PvP and instead reward one-sided fights and screwing your own allies out of boss kills.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who else here remembers the 24/7 Memorial Deathmatch Brawl before they messed with the spawns? Can we revert back to that? Let's also cap Telvar player kill gains at half what you're carrying. Risk 0 Telvars, your kills win 0 Telvars. The current systems punish actual PvP and instead reward one-sided fights and screwing your own allies out of boss kills.

I also agree with the sentiment about Tel Var gain caps, although I think you should be able to gain as much as you're carrying from other players. Not really much difference whether it's capped at half of what you carry or all of what you carry, but it would hopefully cut down on people who bank as soon as they get any modicum of Tel Var gains.

While we're at it, can we make it so that you're unable to queue while in combat in IC? It's absolutely ludicrous that I can roll up on someone, start winning the fight, and then see them vanish because they wanted to preserve their "dignity" by porting out.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So the premise is people will PvP more if there is a leaderboard?

I don’t think that’s a sound premise. People PvP because they enjoy some aspect of the experience and for most the leaderboards are meaningless.

So unless something is figured out to make IC actually interesting enough to draw players there on its own a leaderboard will do very little, I’d anything.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Among the higher end PvPers I talk to (both friends/guildies and enemy faction players) the general consensus seems to be that when IC is well populated, it's some of the best PvP the game has to offer. The tight city alleyways, the dangerous Boss AoEs, the constant danger of losing a large chunk of Tel Var, and the low time between fights all combine together for a delicious PvP zone. The problem? Outside of double tel var events, hardly anyone goes to IC because there isn't much reason to besides farming Tel Var.

Zos, please add a leaderboard system similar to Emp in Cyrodiil. It may not drastically increase the population, but it couldn't possibly hurt it either as it would give people more of a reason to go to IC. The monster sets added were a great idea, however they only briefly increased the population on release. Instead of something like Emperor, just call it Imperial Vizier or something along those lines. You could even have patrolling horror kills contribute to leaderboard score to incentivise those not quite as skilled at PvP to push the leaderboard.

I understand that developer time and resources is limited, so I also understand that a huge IC overhaul is likely out of the picture. However I believe that adding a leaderboard system to IC would be an excellent (and somewhat easy) way to encourage people to visit IC, and I know many, many, many vet PvPers would love it if IC was more consistently populated.

I don't like the idea of a leaderboard for who can be the most annoying ganker in game.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I agree, some IC love would be good.
    I actually liked the fragments system etc but it got completely devalued when the jewelry dropped in dailies etc.

Even if they added Gold options or something.

I digress, a leaderboard would be cool. Most wanted or bounties too etc etc

if fragments were that devalued, then you should talk to the people buying them for 500g each when they arent that hard to farm in the first place lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • sbam66
    sbam66
    ✭✭
    it would be a great idea & very nice addition though with the massive size of this game at this point I don’t think anything like that will happen. look at how small IC is compared to other zones that have been released, they have a massive workload & priority list before adding a leaderboard to ic which would be really cool for players who exclusively play it
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Gods, please do not give anyone any emp buffs in IC. If IC had half the population that CYRO had, I would think it's a great idea. But when you have twelve man groups chasing down one healer, (me), just to kill them, I can't imagine how annoying that would be if they all had the emp buff. It would be far too easy for a faction/group to take advantage of that and make IC even less fun.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑