The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What buffs proc set damage?

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
In the 5-pc description for some proc sets like Red Mountain and Caluurion it says the damage scales off the higher of your weapon or spell damage. I was wondering if let's say your weapon damage is higher, does max stam also boost the damage of said proc set or is it lieterally just weapon damage?

Also, I'm assuming that the higher pen you have the better the damage of the proc attack will be, but please correct me if I'm wrong. My understanding is that the more offensive pen you have (assuming you're not past the targets armor) the higher the damage of any attack.

I'll try to take the time to test this soon but if people already know, please post here. It will help others as well I'm sure. I played only no proc PVP so I'm not very familiar with how proc sets work.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its just your weapon damage that it scales off of. Amount of stamina has nothing to do with it.

I don't really know about penetration when it comes to proc damage, but I have to assume you are correct
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just your weapon damage that it scales off of. Amount of stamina has nothing to do with it.

I don't really know about penetration when it comes to proc damage, but I have to assume you are correct

penetration works the same for procs as it does your own skills, so as long as your not overpenetrating, it technically is helping increase dmg
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I will try to do some testing this weekend when I have time and see if I can make a viable stealth-blade bow ganker with a couple proc sets. So far my issues are not being able to stay in stealth enough due to that skill only lasting 3-seconds and costing so much and not having enough mag recovery. The only way I can make it work is using Darloc Brae and then I'm sacrificing 1 of the 2 proc sets. This isn't a 1-shot ganker as that is impossible. I'm lucky if I can kill an enemy at all that isn't in a fight and missing already half of its health and even then it takes more than 1-shot.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I will try to do some testing this weekend when I have time and see if I can make a viable stealth-blade bow ganker with a couple proc sets. So far my issues are not being able to stay in stealth enough due to that skill only lasting 3-seconds and costing so much and not having enough mag recovery. The only way I can make it work is using Darloc Brae and then I'm sacrificing 1 of the 2 proc sets. This isn't a 1-shot ganker as that is impossible. I'm lucky if I can kill an enemy at all that isn't in a fight and missing already half of its health and even then it takes more than 1-shot.

from what ive seen a bow ganker usually uses something like scavenging demise with the hunger that jumps out at you and hits for a huge chunk

you dont need to spam cloak unless your trying to get away but if your sniping someone off a horse you dont need it unless you want the snipe to be a crit

the way i usually see these go is the bow person hits someone who is on a horse, snipe->snipe and usually the scavenging demise and another proc will finish them off

to be honest i havent seen many of these builds run, a lot of people just build too tanky nowadays to reliably pop people like that
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's definitely not a true gank since that's not possible. But I get a lot of kills just being in stealth near others fighting and helping my group mates/alliance mates finish people off. I've only been trying this for about a week but it's been a fun play style so far. I have low health and no defense really so I do stay in stealth almost all of the time that I'm near enemy and that requires me to use Darloc Brae and have pretty good mag recovery. I even went from 100% stam to 100% mag.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i play my NB not too far off of yours, although i can sometimes live as a brawler for a little while so a little tiny bit of defense lol

i personally use dark cloak instead of the invis cloak for the heal and minor protection as i found it far too difficult to stay stealthed all the time with all the anti-stealth options, and focus on a ranged burst combo using assassins scourge + meteor

my mag NB i use for heists and sits at speed cap in stealth runs darloc brae with his build and has darloc on top of like 2200 mag recov so i can more easily spam cloak when need to

but yeah i can see if your running a NB for stealth you almost have to go towards a mag heavy build to be able to use cloak
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m like you, I really only play no proc so my memory of a lot of other sets isn’t what it used to be. I can tell you that penetration definitely helps your damage from procs. Helps your damage from enchants and poisons as well.

I wouldn’t say a true gank is impossible but… maybe I’m wrong? Mostly go into your settings and make sure you can see your opponents health bar above their head… and turn numbers on, so you can see what their total is. A true gank on a halfway tanky good player might not be possible but there’s more than just that out there.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random thought but… things like major/minor berserk and band of malacath mythic also boost proc set damage.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Random thought but… things like major/minor berserk and band of malacath mythic also boost proc set damage.

the only problem with malacath is that it hurts crit dmg, so you would have to build heavier into that, and would make your guaranteed crit from cloak weaker

when especially when people in pvp already have some base crit resist

if you were just going for the raw dmg yeah that would make sense though (i used to use malacath back before it was nerfed from 25% dmg bonus to 16% dmg bonus)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I ruled it out because of the crit nerf. It really goes against the whole stealth and guaranteed crit thing of NB. And that was before the 1 ring to rule them all.
    Edited by malistorr on July 22, 2022 9:48PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, my bad, forgot what type of toon you were talking about.