The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New to healing in PvP

VesuviaBennet22
VesuviaBennet22
✭✭✭
So I decided i wanted to play an Argonian Nightblade for pvp, but as a healer. I'm having a really hard time finding a guide that will help me, as to what kind of gear should I be looking at while leveling up? Every guide says max level, and doesn't show what type of gear to use. Any help is greatly appreciated. Should I use heavy armor and light armor? just resto staff or lightning as well? Thanks!
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest what I currently use which is Grace of Gloom (gives me a lot of tankiness to not instantly die) and Rallying Cry (I use that now because of the crit resist and if you're in a group it helps them too).

Other sets I've used are Healers Habit and Spell Power Cure. For monster sets, I usually try three different ones depending on if I'm in a group, alone, or if we're zerging.

If I'm just on my own, I try to focus on sets that will keep me sustained like Engine Guardian.
    If I'm zerging, I go with Chokethorn since it will auto heal people who need it.
    If I'm in a group, I use Earthgore. This one can be risky though because I think it procs plaguebreak? I'm not often in a group though so I'm not sure.

For mythics, I currently use Oakensoul. I didn't like it at first, but now that I use it this makes me not have to always run away from fights. I think it will still be useful after the nerf too. Though if you don't want that and you don't mind not having a full monster set, I would suggest Gaze of Sithis.

I know there are better healing sets and builds out there that others will list, these are just the ones I like. I find that once a group recognizes who the healer is, they will all come for you lol. It's honestly fun. Good luck!
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want to be a healer I’m going to assume you plan to run in a group, and since you seem a little new I’m going to assume it’s not like a super sweaty perfectly synced ballgroup.

If those assumptions are correct I think you’ll be happy to know you can run almost anything. Anything that makes at least some fundamental sense for a healer anyway.

As far as leveling up goes… if I were you I’d wear at least 2 pieces of each armor weight that way they’ll all be leveled up eventually. The reason for this is, as your character matures, it’ll eventually max out its undaunted skill line and some passives in it grant you max stats per armor type worn. So, especially in today’s hybrid eso, I think you might end up wearing a 5-1-1 or something. Eventually.

Now… if you’re healing a group, and they’re a decent group but not like errmerrgerrd fully optimized and stuff, most of them are frankly on X’ing builds. Meaning they’re halfway tanky and can self heal. So believe it or not your job isn’t quite as hard as you might think. You need to blast burst heals at appropriate moments… low health allies obviously, or incoming ulti dumps… but mostly you’re just going through a rotation keeping heals over time spells on as many people as possible AND…. Your number one job, keep YOURSELF alive.

So to do this you need at least some semblance of being tanky (recommend mostly heavy armor,) some semblance of mobility (the psijic order skill race against time, or I believe nightblades have a skill mirage that might do a similar thing but be better in a defensive way,) and have enough STAM sustain to be able to break free.

Random thought I’m just having… you could use the stam return version of siphoning strikes instead, because you’d be heavy attacking with a resto staff for mag anyway. Make sure you’re light attacking even when you’re just casting heals. Cuz why not?

Uuuuhm… so yea, I’m not even a healer, but I’m 95% sure that’s solid advice. I don’t want to recommend any sets because I play in no proc so my sets are limited. But once you get good at your job… and you aren’t getting caught off guard by enemy ultimate dumps but are instead groaning because your teammates can’t avoid the red circles (what is this pve??) and you’re burst healing the crap out of them, whether they make it out or not, then you can really start to think about set bonuses and skills that buff your teammates or trigger effects off your heals.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run at-least 5 light. You need the extra crit and sustain. You will be tanky from keeping heals up.

Always run gossmer, and run it with either transmutation or rallying cry. Probably trans since others in group could use rally.

Monster set options: earthgore, bogdans, or magma incarnate.
    If you dont want to run a monster set, you can run 1 piece trainee; front bar maelstrom restro staff and backbar transmutation.

If you try running to much heavy armor, you are only hurting your group, and making your healing weaker.

Front bar heals:
    Radiating regeneration
    Healing orbs
    Illustious healing
    Burst heal (depends on class)
    Flex spot (blood altar, class ability, race against time, or siege shield)

Backbar:
    Buff bar (depends on class)
    Race against time if its not on front bar.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG?
    Cyro? CP? Non CP?
    Group? Solo?
    Tanky healer? Power healer? Buff healer?

Dude, you will never find a good answer if your question is like "i wana something cool! For PvP. Help me! TY".
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry too much about gear while leveling. You won't spend enough time at any one level to make the hunt for specific sets worthwhile until you hit level 50 and CP160.

Just equip the best stuff you can from natural drops. Try to wear matched set pieces when possible, try to wear at least one piece of each armor type to level the skills, and make sure you level restoration staff. Otherwise, don't worry about optimization for now.
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    BG?
    Cyro? CP? Non CP?
    Group? Solo?
    Tanky healer? Power healer? Buff healer?

Dude, you will never find a good answer if your question is like "i wana something cool! For PvP. Help me! TY".

Obviously if I'm new to pvp I have no clue what you are talking about. I have no clue what those three types are, I just knew that I wanted to heal as a nightblade in PVP. But thanks for the insight!
  • Digibrax
    Digibrax
    ✭✭✭
    I am not that new to healing, but I am new to pvp in general. I was having the idea of making a healer-debuffer, who is obviously focused on debuffing enemies and helping their teammates on that side.

Any general ideas? I would start with Cyro and IC. I play ocasional BG, so that is not my focus atm. TY :)
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digibrax wrote: »
    I am not that new to healing, but I am new to pvp in general. I was having the idea of making a healer-debuffer, who is obviously focused on debuffing enemies and helping their teammates on that side.

Any general ideas? I would start with Cyro and IC. I play ocasional BG, so that is not my focus atm. TY :)

I wouldn't really recommend focusing debuffing over heals unless you already have a primary healer in the group, but if thats what you want to build here is a couple good sets.

First, you gotta run gossamer regardless. The aoe damage reduction is mandatory. The other sets are where you can debuff.

2nd set - lots of options, such as enervating aura, or soldier of anguish.

Monster set - Thuroken gives to good debuffs in a large radius.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rallying cry/impregnable set with heartland conqueror is good for healing starter. Heartland conqueror will make your resto staff powered 18% increased healing. Might want to go ice staff or sword and shield for on one bar though so you can block heal and survive better. Won’t need much sustain since you’ll be casting a lot of resto heavies to keep major mending up. Ritual Mundas. All swift jewerly is good too so you can get out of bad situations, especially nice with refreshing path. You can go either light armor or heavy, heavy is a bit better unless you want to crit a bit more. Experiment a bit with easy to get sets, but keep on impregnable or rallying cry— gives great defence at the moment. 30k hp a least as well.

Impregnable is pretty cheap to buy and heartland conqueror is craftable - save yourself some gold until you get dead set on a build. Rallying cry is better if you can find it cheap.

Honestly magblade can do great team healing and decent damage at the same time if you build what works for you as well.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree with udrath. Not gonna disagree too much with the guy who recommended you wear light armor, but I think a mix is ideal. I'd start with heavy and try to shift more towards light as you get better.

Don't go in with the expectation that your heals have to be enormous or you're the only thing standing between your teammates and death. Your heals have to be timely, and you have to be tough because you're gonna get focused.

Some of the other advice you're getting, in my opinion, is for optimized ball and guild groups.

Keep it simple. You'll do fine.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Run at-least 5 light. You need the extra crit and sustain. You will be tanky from keeping heals up.

Don't do this in Battlegrounds unless you want to die instantly. No amount of healing will keep you alive in 5 light.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 19, 2022 6:36PM
    PC NA
  • Tevalicious
    Tevalicious
    ✭✭
    So I decided i wanted to play an Argonian Nightblade for pvp, but as a healer. I'm having a really hard time finding a guide that will help me, as to what kind of gear should I be looking at while leveling up? Every guide says max level, and doesn't show what type of gear to use. Any help is greatly appreciated. Should I use heavy armor and light armor? just resto staff or lightning as well? Thanks!

NB Argonian healers are pretty strong. I do 3 light, 3 med, 1 heavy normally. Obviously you want powered restos both bars and ritual mundus in cyrodiil. if you do BGs you will want a S/B. as for sets you can never go wrong with SPC. Someone said gos, but that set is kinda gutted and will be even more gutted next patch with hot nerf. if you want to do 3 med pieces then youll need to do something like powerful assault with your light set. Rallying cry is also a good choice. If you have enough hots you shouldn't need a tanky set in cyrodiil, hot and your ult will carry. EG usually bis monster for healers and I wear boots on almost all my healers. just cant beat them but if youre doing 2 healer sets and a monster set then you cant do a mythic which is fine. when it comes to skills you will want radiating regen, echoing vigot, illustrious healing, refreshing path, energy orb, bow proc, blessing of restoration, healthy offering, mirage or phantasmal, race against time (if no boots). find what bar settup works for you. Maelstrom resto is also a must on every healer. Hope some of this helps.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cyrodiil CP

Gossamer
    Rallying Cry
    Spell Power Cure
    Powerful Assault
    Arkasis

Earthgore
    Magma Incarnate
    Symphony of Blades
    Zoals (Solo)
    BloodSpawn (Solo)

1h&shield or Ice Staff backbar

If using a frontbar/backbar setup Markyn Mythic or DeathDealer is nice.
    Immovable Potions a must.
    SugarSkulls
    2k Impen+ & 32k Health minimum
    1h1m5L

Good start, GL.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 19, 2022 10:03PM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I use 5 Aetherial Ascension, 5 Gossamer, 1 Troll King and Oakensoul. 5 heavy, 1 light, 1 medium.

Works for all classes although didnt feel great on a Sorcerer. On NB my skills are radiating regeneration, illustrious healing, healthy offering, race against time and a spare slot for whatever you want. Soul siphon ultimate but not impressed with it so will end up changing to life giver probably. My NB is a Breton rather than an Argonian but I play the same setup on my Argonian Necro and they're equally good.

Super tanky and strong heals plus AOE mitigation from Gossamer. The core combat skill cost increase from Ascension is barely noticeable (I have 2 well fitted and 2 sturdy to help balance out, rest is impen).
    Ps4 EU
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    I use 5 Aetherial Ascension, 5 Gossamer, 1 Troll King and Oakensoul. 5 heavy, 1 light, 1 medium.

Works for all classes although didnt feel great on a Sorcerer. On NB my skills are radiating regeneration, illustrious healing, healthy offering, race against time and a spare slot for whatever you want. Soul siphon ultimate but not impressed with it so will end up changing to life giver probably. My NB is a Breton rather than an Argonian but I play the same setup on my Argonian Necro and they're equally good.

Super tanky and strong heals plus AOE mitigation from Gossamer. The core combat skill cost increase from Ascension is barely noticeable (I have 2 well fitted and 2 sturdy to help balance out, rest is impen).

Lol nvm, I finished reading the whole thing and saw you already replied to my question. Nice build, I want to try it out.

Edited by DaisyRay on July 20, 2022 6:40PM
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭

do you use resto staff on both bars? Im going to try this out thanks
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭

What alliance are you, opp?
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭

What alliance are you, opp?

My argonian NB is EP, and my Breton NB is AD. I'm thinking of respeccing the Breton to healing for pvp since Whitestrakes is right around the corner. I bought her some rallying cry gear today, thinking of pairing it with wizards riposte or the bog throats one if thats what it was called? :)
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Bretons, Argonians, and High Elves are the best for healing. However, you can use any race for healing. My favorites are my High Elf which is my main healer and my Dark Elf, she is my nb healer. I like the nb healer because it's easier for her to get in and out of situations with her sneakiness. She is also very quick, ten second rez (if that long) and very rarely gets caught by meanies. I think I just talked myself into using her for this event.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Icyfire369 is a well known high mmr bg pvp healer and youtuber/podcaster
    You should pick his mind.
    Skara minoc in this thread is also a high mmr bg pvp healer (sorc main) who is a great source of information.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @gariondavey

@VesuviaBennet22 Argonian Nightblade Healer is one of my favorites to run. I usually run that with the Arkasis set to triple down on the potion synergy (Arkasis + Argonian passive + Nightblade passive). But any sets will work.

Since you are new to PvP Healing, I would definitely check out my YouTube Channel - Icyfire Gaming. I only make content dedicated to PvP Healers in ESO.

Two videos that might interest you are - "How to Build a PvP Healer" and "Best Beginner Setup for PvP Healers"

If you're trying to level doing PvP, I wouldn't really worry about the gear too much. Cause you're going to outgrow the gear anyways. If not, just use the crafted versions mentioned in the videos for those lower levels and you'll be fine.

You can also find me over here in this discord server: https://discord.gg/RswfNn2F - If you want to chat more.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »
    Thanks @gariondavey

@VesuviaBennet22 Argonian Nightblade Healer is one of my favorites to run. I usually run that with the Arkasis set to triple down on the potion synergy (Arkasis + Argonian passive + Nightblade passive). But any sets will work.

Since you are new to PvP Healing, I would definitely check out my YouTube Channel - Icyfire Gaming. I only make content dedicated to PvP Healers in ESO.

Two videos that might interest you are - "How to Build a PvP Healer" and "Best Beginner Setup for PvP Healers"

If you're trying to level doing PvP, I wouldn't really worry about the gear too much. Cause you're going to outgrow the gear anyways. If not, just use the crafted versions mentioned in the videos for those lower levels and you'll be fine.

You can also find me over here in this discord server: https://discord.gg/RswfNn2F - If you want to chat more.

Your videos heavily inspired the build that I mentioned above, super helpful and I highly recommend them!
    Ps4 EU
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »
    Thanks @gariondavey

Your videos heavily inspired the build that I mentioned above, super helpful and I highly recommend them!

Thanks! Yeah, I saw your post up top and I was like, "...this is sounds familiar...too familiar..."