The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Why do I suck at PVP? Help!

Christerra
Christerra
Soul Shriven
So, I'm level 2289 and I have levels as low as 1100 killing me in PVP. What am I doing wrong? I've watched numerous PVP videos from Deltia's Gaming and Alcast, etc. but
I still suck. Does anybody have ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Best Answers

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christerra wrote: »
    So, I'm level 2289 and I have levels as low as 1100 killing me in PVP. What am I doing wrong? I've watched numerous PVP videos from Deltia's Gaming and Alcast, etc. but
    I still suck. Does anybody have ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Well I mean... level only gets you so far. PvP has a much more harsh learning curve that you can't really cushion with CP. You just need to keep playing till you learn from your mistakes (defensive) and identify errors in your opponents play (offensive).

I would recommend running a bit tankier then the average build so you can slow down the fights to learn what you are doing wrong.
    PvP needs more love.
    Answer ✓
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't believe me but I really learned to PVP while doing vMA. I learned to self heal, to do damage and pay attention at what is happening around me. All those skills goes hand in hand with PvP.
    Answer ✓
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe watch some different streamers. Best of luck.
    Answer ✓
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is definitely a lot of trial and error in PvP OP! Streamers are good at giving you a base for builds and letting you know what many players are running. However what works for them will not necessarily work for you, because you may have different strengths and weakness, or a different playstyle overall than them. Like others have said, maybe build a little more tankier at first, just to be more survivable in order to figure out what your playstyle is (do you find yourself being more of a brawler, do you like to get in and out of fights more quickly, do you prefer more range, etc). Once you figure that out it's much easier to put together a build that actually benefits you. Also pay attention to what your weaknesses are (are you getting killed because you run out of sustain in fights, are you forgetting your buffs, or are you just too squishy?). When you identify that you can tweak your builds more accordingly to help compensate for those weaknesses.

All that being said, PvP does take practice in figuring out how to counter players of different skill and classes so don't be too hard on yourself OP. If you keep at it you will improve in time.
    Answer ✓
  • Christerra
    Christerra
    Soul Shriven
    There is definitely a lot of trial and error in PvP OP! Streamers are good at giving you a base for builds and letting you know what many players are running. However what works for them will not necessarily work for you, because you may have different strengths and weakness, or a different playstyle overall than them. Like others have said, maybe build a little more tankier at first, just to be more survivable in order to figure out what your playstyle is (do you find yourself being more of a brawler, do you like to get in and out of fights more quickly, do you prefer more range, etc). Once you figure that out it's much easier to put together a build that actually benefits you. Also pay attention to what your weaknesses are (are you getting killed because you run out of sustain in fights, are you forgetting your buffs, or are you just too squishy?). When you identify that you can tweak your builds more accordingly to help compensate for those weaknesses.

All that being said, PvP does take practice in figuring out how to counter players of different skill and classes so don't be too hard on yourself OP. If you keep at it you will improve in time.

Great advice! Thank you so much. Going to work on my sustain and keeping buffs up now that you mentioned those.
    Answer ✓
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It takes at least 500 hours of non-zerg pvping to even be remotely average in this game.
    There is a massive skill cap in this game and theorycrafting builds can be done at extremely deep levels.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Answer ✓