Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

parse dummy numbers are still wrong

Tannus15
Tannus15
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
so I did a parse on the dummy tonight, testing something out:

ii79dt40uou7.png

85k huh?
except MATHS
gscp46gc8cgs.png

and CMX
x405151uth46.png

So it's gone from over reporting dps to under reporting dps. What are you doing guys? you just take the total damage and divide it by the number of seconds.
How can this be so hard?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 22, 2022 1:52AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2u6kxy9dcu61.png
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if i had a tinfoil hat, i'd say this is intentional to help make the pts parses not look so bad compared to live.
    Options
  • JustAGoodPlayer
    JustAGoodPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

ii79dt40uou7.png

85k huh?
    except MATHS
    gscp46gc8cgs.png

and CMX
    x405151uth46.png

So it's gone from over reporting dps to under reporting dps. What are you doing guys? you just take the total damage and divide it by the number of seconds.
    How can this be so hard?

You just do not understand ! It is so hard to devide damage on seconds !

It is even harder, than make good balance.

We just do not understand how their servers work ;)

Lol

I was try to make a joke before, but now when i think about it, really ... .

How with all this servers are working ???
    Edited by JustAGoodPlayer on July 20, 2022 1:02PM
    Options
  • weights44
    weights44
    ✭✭✭
    I’d say this is intentional in my opinion. I think it’s was to be used as a crutch in case or when week 3 comes out we just get used to the lower amount of dps. Then they were probably planning on releasing in week 4 the “dummy fix” to report dps going up. Simple cover up. Let’s be honest…crafting bag was broken for what 2 years?
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    weights44 wrote: »
    I’d say this is intentional in my opinion. I think it’s was to be used as a crutch in case or when week 3 comes out we just get used to the lower amount of dps. Then they were probably planning on releasing in week 4 the “dummy fix” to report dps going up. Simple cover up. Let’s be honest…crafting bag was broken for what 2 years?

I don't think it was intentional, i just think for some reason they are adding up the damage on the server and then sending the value back to the client and it's missing some damage types or percentage modifier.
    That's how they ended up with the damage being too high before, and it's how they have ended up with it being too low now.
    Options
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe its that new math 😁
    PC-NA
    Options
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this PTS dummy or Live dummy?
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Live dummy.
    I just noticed that is says the eso build in the bottom right of the CMX report.
    Nifty.
    Edited by Tannus15 on July 20, 2022 9:35PM
    Options
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the cmx,could the dummies not be counting the combat pet's attacks,and only the player's?Cause calculated without Guardian's Savagery,it's more like 87k,dunno if there's other numbers under it for guardian.Maybe try without and see if it's more accurate?
    Options
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

ii79dt40uou7.png

85k huh?
    except MATHS
    gscp46gc8cgs.png

and CMX
    x405151uth46.png

How can this be so hard?

Try to parse with something else other than Whorl -

I just got correct numbers with Bashai / Kinra / Kilt.

I'm not sure why Whorl is broken on the dummy or if any other proc sets / ground based AOE sets are broken.
    Options
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno when will this be fixed?

It has been since Chapter launch its been broken on console - patch yesterday broke it in a different way.

I am trying to trust you, but patch after patch things get worse. Its "tiresome and disappointing" at best. You request our trust, but we are always let down.

OP - @Tannus15 - may want to move this to bug reports
    Edited by pamichic on July 21, 2022 11:35AM
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_Hadeostry - do you have an ETA on a fix? This is pretty frustrating and tiresome. Thanks.
    Options
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    So, It is January 23rd, 2023.

It has been over 6 months that the raid dummy and the group trial dummy (and probably the 3M and 6M dummies) don't properly record Whorl on Xbox NA.

Is there any ETA? Is this even on the radar???

This is beyond frustrating because I want to do a team parse (you know, like we have the ability to with our fancy dummies) but we can't use the sets we use in raid because it doesn't record them properly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Hadeostry @anyone????

Thanks.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pamichic wrote: »

It has been over 6 months that the raid dummy and the group trial dummy (and probably the 3M and 6M dummies) don't properly record Whorl on Xbox NA.

This is beyond frustrating because I want to do a team parse (you know, like we have the ability to with our fancy dummies) but we can't use the sets we use in raid because it doesn't record them properly.

Thanks.

I manually calculate my dps when using whorl for this reason. It really does need a fix
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    pamichic wrote: »

Thanks.

I manually calculate my dps when using whorl for this reason. It really does need a fix

We are doing the same thing - but you can't on the group parse dummy due to everyone hitting it.

I'm not sure if this was overlooked, but its frustrating on console with no CMX - the way we have to test things is guess work - the group dummy is helpful for testing different variances as a group. We haven't had that ability for over 6 months due to bad calculations.

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Options
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know when I parse, the game will not take me out of combat as the dummy is dead. I`ll be in combat for 2-3 seconds and that drops my DPS.
    Options