The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove Town capture requirement for entering the crafting area.

danielpang32
danielpang32
✭✭
Are you seriously expect a dedicated crafter who mean to learn motif style and invest all their skill point on crafting skill lines to fight off all PVP players and capture the town?

Just make the crafting area like those in imperial city; everybody can enter and a none attackable are.

OR,

As you have already started the story of High isle, just setup a PVE Cyrodiil.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a set crafting area?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, he's referring to the set stations that are in the capturable towns of vlastarus, bruma, and cropsford.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a crafter and I go in occasionally to liberate the towns for the pact. But you should probably find a guild with the crafting stations in the guild house to save yourself some grief.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I kept a crafting writ on my active quests for like a month because the crafting station was in Vlastrus (me being pact and all). I couldn't find any groups willing to take the town, and when I was taking it on my own, a former empress practically one-shot me and the nearest respawn point was still in pact-area behind the river.

I get the frustration.

People want you to create a character that only focuses on one thing, which would be nice if some aspects didn't involve you being proficient on other things you haven't built for.

And if it's easy to make a crafting character do PvP content for the sake of crafting, then there's no need to make a specific-type of build and just have one character to do everything (which is what I'm doing with my main).

I wish we could get class change tokens and just let me main a different class without having to do all research and horse training and all quests and skyshard hunting all over again.

That's how much part of me doesn't like the town ownership for crafting stations...

But on the other hand...
    It's also not that hard to wait and see if your faction already has the town captured.
    Basically, I don't mind the requirements for captured towns to use crafting stations. I think that's for the best.

I think the devs should focus strictly on PvP and PvE only limitations, do a hardcore overhaul...
    No repeatable PvE related quests in PvP zones anymore, no PvP gear in PvE areas either. And seeing how they took Mist Form out of PvE and made it exclusively a PvP skill, then might as well do that for ALL skills, either make PvP only skills that can't be used in PvE, and vice-versa. This way we'd no longer have to do the whole "balance" stuff that just end up ruining everything and taking away any fun aspect of other skills.
    Edited by drsalvation on June 30, 2022 6:28PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don’t have to flip the flags to get into the crafting area. Don’t go main 30 day campaign, pick no cp low pop campaign and it will make it easier. Fight your way past the NPC guards or bring some invisibility potions or a nightblade. Once inside the building you are safe from the guards.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you seriously expect a dedicated crafter who mean to learn motif style and invest all their skill point on crafting skill lines to fight off all PVP players and capture the town?

Just make the crafting area like those in imperial city; everybody can enter and a none attackable are.

OR,

As you have already started the story of High isle, just setup a PVE Cyrodiil.

Please don't make a PVE Cyrodiil. Cyrodiil is fine the way it is. If you can not capture the town on your own, try setting up a group to capture it. If you can not do that, switch campaigns and see if there is one that your faction owns that town. If none of those are available, try tomorrow. If that is still a too much of a pain, sell the master writ.

It is absolutely possible to build a character that has crafting 100% leveled and funded and be proficient enough to take a town solo.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don’t have to flip the flags to get into the crafting area. Don’t go main 30 day campaign, pick no cp low pop campaign and it will make it easier. Fight your way past the NPC guards or bring some invisibility potions or a nightblade. Once inside the building you are safe from the guards.

Pretty much this for anything in Cyrodiil where the player wants to avoid PvP.

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild's one-stop shopping craft stations are a goddess send! I make quite a bit of use of them. But I still am forced to go to Cyrodiil to add war horn or increase riding speed on a new toon. For those you have to participate, I don't like it and resent that it's the only way to get some skills. I feel like every time I take a new character to Cyrodiil there's a big "for AP points stab here" sign on my back. I'd avoid it if I could.

I sometimes try to run the dailies to farm gear and even if my alliance owns the town when I get there chances are someone trying to quick flip a town will gank me at some point. So yeah frustrating.

PS5/NA
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild's one-stop shopping craft stations are a goddess send! I make quite a bit of use of them. But I still am forced to go to Cyrodiil to add war horn or increase riding speed on a new toon. For those you have to participate, I don't like it and resent that it's the only way to get some skills. I feel like every time I take a new character to Cyrodiil there's a big "for AP points stab here" sign on my back. I'd avoid it if I could.

Many PvP people feel the same about all those repetetive grindy dungeons you have to do for undaunted skills and some other stuff. Psijiic skills are also required for many PvP builds and the PvP view of that questline is even more unprintable than the PvE one ;)

The horse riding doesn't require any real risk of actuial PvP and you can do the rest by repairing walls.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I sometimes try to run the dailies to farm gear and even if my alliance owns the town when I get there chances are someone trying to quick flip a town will gank me at some point. So yeah frustrating.

At least a new lowbie can unlock the 30% passive doing the intro quest.

I have characters leveled years ago with fully trained horses that had unlocked and fully skilled up Rapids, only to come back and find they can't even get the passives as they are set at rank 2, and they did the quest years back when it awarded next to nothing AP wise.
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    I am definitely getting New World-type vibes from the crafting requirements in Cyrodill.
    I just want man flesh.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Many PvP people feel the same about all those repetetive grindy dungeons you have to do for undaunted skills and some other stuff. Psijiic skills are also required for many PvP builds and the PvP view of that questline is even more unprintable than the PvE one ;)

The horse riding doesn't require any real risk of actuial PvP and you can do the rest by repairing walls.

This is wrong. I have gotten ganked many times riding my horse in Cyrodiil. Some skills allow you to kill someone riding away or at least injure them enough to dismount and die.

Claiming an equivalence with dungeons is not good either, since that is a main focus of the game. Play a purely PvP game if you want no PvE elements. You cannot do that much if you like PvE.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    My main is a crafter and I go in occasionally to liberate the towns for the pact. But you should probably find a guild with the crafting stations in the guild house to save yourself some grief.

I second the guild hall suggestion.

Also, if you need to use the set stations in the towns because you aren't in any guilds and don't want to join any, just save your master writs until such time as the pertinent town is safe.

In addition, get some of those attunable crafting stations and attune them to the three craftable Cyrodiil sets. Then you won't even need to leave home to do the crafting.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!