Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

4k monitor upgrade worth it?

FriedArgonians
I'm on a 32" 1440p right now with a 3080ti. Am considering upgrading to a 4k 32". The Samsung Neo G7 4k is $200 off right now https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1697061-REG/samsung_ls32bg752nnxgo_g75nb_neo_32_165hz.html Anybody gaming ESO on 4k 32inch, is it worth it? Thank you
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 15, 2022 2:54AM
  • FriedArgonians
    And curved is a plus for me, I just prefer it.
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - buy 3 and chain them all together into 1 mega monitor
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can buy a flat one and curve it by yourself and save some money
  • FriedArgonians
    Sleep wrote: »
    you can buy a flat one and curve it by yourself and save some money

Yeah but if I curve it by myself it will still be 1440 =p
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a curved 32" 1440p. It's the gaming sweet spot IMO.

The 4K visuals would undoubtedly be a bit better but not that much better and the performance cost over 1440p for any card is significant.

Personally I feel zero need to upgrade.
  • FriedArgonians
    Iselin wrote: »
    I have a curved 32" 1440p. It's the gaming sweet spot IMO.

The 4K visuals would undoubtedly be a bit better but not that much better and the performance cost over 1440p for any card is significant.

Personally I feel zero need to upgrade.

Thanks for the input!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 55" 4K 120mhz LG C9 OLED and when I had a 3080 I did a lot of going back and forth between 1440p and 4K testing in different games and for this game there was no discernible difference between the two resolutions. The textures in the game just don't have the level of detail to make 4K worth it IMO, especially on a smaller screen. If you play other games like Resident Evil Village or Control it would be totally worth it considering the 3080 Ti can push well over 60fps at 4K with all the bells and whistles turned on.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on July 15, 2022 3:06AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using a 4K TV. It's definitely nice to have the big visual area and you can pick up the ones with less pointless built in features, the wrong colours and 'last years model' fairly cheap. The 4K side of it is meh to be honest. It's useful for software development with tons of terminal windows open, but not that big a deal for the game.

Too many toons not enough time
  • FriedArgonians
    I have a 55" 4K 120mhz LG C9 OLED and when I had a 3080 I did a lot of going back and forth between 1440p and 4K testing in different games and for this game there was no discernible difference between the two resolutions. The textures in the game just don't have the level of detail to make 4K worth it IMO, especially on a smaller screen. If you play other games like Resident Evil Village or Control it would be totally worth it considering the 3080 Ti can push well over 60fps at 4K with all the bells and whistles turned on.

Gotcha. ESO is really the only game i'm playing right now, so I will hold off on purchasing a 4k monitor. Thank you for the input!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider going wider instead? 5120 x 1440 is a similar price, if you don’t go extreme on refresh rate. But beware of the 60Hz ones that are for business use, not gaming.