The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What would be your Ideal Furnishings Items Limit for Housing?

• maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 +
    The more the better, as it gives players the flexibility to do what they want. That said I think most understand there are technical limits in place.

I do think that even with the current limits that they should re-evaluate some of the limits on smaller homes/apartments. An example, Inn Rooms are set to 30, but that isn't quite enough for the larger Inn Rooms like St. Delyns, but it probably more than enough for Mara's Kiss.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the options here are simply impossible. I picked 1000 because that would be fantastic without getting ridiculous and maybe maaaaaybe possible if the older consoles are cut. I would've chosen 900 if that existed as an option.

I'm fine with 700, but the 1000 is wishful hoping for me. I'd be happy with 800 and 900 too.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    I think 1000 for base Classic house would be a good spot to gauge from. Double that for ESO+

Then as you get up to the larger houses, maybe 1500 base.

The only houses that should have 2000+ are the land plots. Moon-sugar, Stillwater, etc. Something that you have to really build the structures you want.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    5000 +
    5000+

So I can make more giant plant animals.

hwmqtkzt5zxq.png
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 +
    limits always suck
    ^^
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like them to divide the outside and inside into different instances and then keep the number the same as we have now but per instance instead of house.

I would like to see some increase in the smaller homes. I need maybe six or seven more slots for my Autumn's Gate home.

I really would like for the trophies I get to count as normal furnishings but if they do that I will need maybe twenty more slots for Autumn's Gate. I want to add to my pile.

Bl4wNFG.jpg
    Edited by kargen27 on May 24, 2022 12:54AM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for 1500 to be somewhat realistic, but really it depends on the house. We need more types of sizing of housing. Like Pantherfang and Stone Eagle Aerie are both manors, but really Pantherfang should be another new class along with houses like Thieves Oasis. Possibly even two new classes beyond manor. One with 1000 and the final at 1500.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think a set of values like 75%, 100%, 125% and so on to reflect that some places (free apartments) have 30 slots (I think) on up to the 700 slots in really big house and instead of just the largest houses getting this upgrade, every house would get a proportional increase, so...
    700 base slots would be:
    75% = 525 slots
    100% = 700 slots
    125% = 875 slots
    150% = 1050 slots

By the same token a house with 600 slots adjusted by 125% would be 750 slots.
    400 slots adjusted by a 150% increase would be 600 slots

As for hording, I have 2 700 slot houses I use to store junk in case I find a place for it, it would not bother me to have a "5000 slot Storage Facility" for my extra furniture like the 27 ice thrones and who knows how many anomalies...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 +
    its impossible for me to get into housing in this game, i just dont enjoy it because A) its too expensive and B ) its too limiting

my first MMO was city of heroes which had a robust creator for a supergroup (guild) base, the base i made in there had roughly 20,000 items in it, and this was still considered low for some people (due to issues with the games coding, it was told that bases would become potentially corrupted if you had say 50,000 or more items, so i tried to keep it under 25,000 items)

this games housing system will never be able to replicate the robustness of that system
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on May 27, 2022 3:22PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5000 +
    Given how big that new underwater house is, I do not think 5000+ is far fetched. Most great houses I've seen limit themselves to a fraction of the available floor space. Of course it will never happen due to performance, but the limit needs to be as high as it possibly can be. I would love to see what people come up with.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Kadzra
    Kadzra
    ✭✭
    350 or less
    350 or less. We really need more small houses like autumns gate and twin arches. With 300 slots 😉
    I really hate all the insanely sized over the top houses, i prefer it small and cozy. I dont need 1000+ slots, i just want homes which have the right size for the amount of slots given.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 Its fine where it is
    I have 15 houses decorated and the only ones that are maxed are my 30 slot apartments. Most have at least a hundred or more slots left and none are empty looking.

Doomchar Plateau is the exception at 683/700 and that is because it was the only one I own without a preexisting building. But somehow I managed to build a large castle and a smaller barracks and an under the bridge sanctuary and have still not run out of slots.

Anyone on PCNA is welcome to check it out. All my houses are listed as open houses with the EHT community.
    PCNA
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The item slot limit should be increased, but still tied to the volume of the house.
    1500 for the big houses seems reasable to me.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my desire would be 5000 but realistically here a extra 100 would do wonders
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    5000 +
    I used 2k furniture items on Rift easily.

It would be nice if ESO would let us put down at least 2K items for anywhere we can potentially build a custom house.

I have a castle behind the Antiquarian home, and it's a struggle dealing with the item limit.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the limits the way they are. My homes are not empty looking either, they are cosy and look lived in. I have about 30 homes and only the smaller ones used up the limit, the rest still have quite a bit of space to put items.

I remember back in Rift - where you could place over 1000 items in a home - I zoned into a home that had 1,500 items to tour it and got stuck there. My PC couldn't load all the items they had and it actually crashed my PC. I had to open a ticket to get them to move my character out of the home as I couldn't get her out either - it was not a fun experience.

I know it's a different game but I expect that is part of what ZOS is trying to avoid. People with lower end PC's would have all kinds of issues that they'd have to sort out.

• Orionza
    Orionza
    ✭✭
    I put 1500. I also decorate in Everquest 2 and there are some massive houses there. 900 is the limit, with an extra 100 with a crafted housing key, and an extra 200 with a marketplace item. So 1200 total. You can do one of the massive homes with 1200 but everyone is always crying for a little more space. And additionally - there are flooring tiles etc, and they have their own limit ...so you can craft and cobble tiled things that don't count against the furniture item limit.

If you upped it to 1000 for the larger homes here, I know it's not enough still, nor is 1250, but that might work as a minimum. With 1500 I think everyone could do mostly what is wanted with the massive homes.
    Edited by Orionza on July 18, 2022 8:52PM
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of considerations:

1. The poll list doesn’t specifically say, but the assumption is that the limits are with ESO+

2. This is only for standard furnishings…what about other types too?

3. …or is this a “total for all types of furnishings”?

IMHO (with ESO+) a limit of standard furnishings of 1000 would be sufficient (in Notable homes).

But an increase in special furnishings & pets/guests up from 10 to (say) 20 would be great…what’s the point in ZOS creating new house guests if you are so limited in home many you can have - and based on available space, you can fit way more than 10 into a house…

….a consideration might be to add houseguests/pets/mounts AND player visitors together and hangers that number…at the moment, it’s 10 guests/pets plus 24 players…maybe combine and increase to 50?

FYI, with the current 700 capacity, filling Grand Psijic Villa with all the achievement furnishings and antiquity furnishings then at 670 ‘items’ on a PS4, it reaches memory capacity and after that anytime anyone tries to visit it gives the “CE” error and crashes….so there are valid reasons for the 700 capacity.
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • TmzOS
    TmzOS
    ✭✭
    1k is fine for the biggest IMO.

They still need to reevaluate how slots are considered, is strange to see super small objects like dices having the same weight as big boats or super big objects with rotating lighting.

Another point is the houseguests... they are always bringing more of those but the cap is super low.