Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Post Lost Depths PVP / Requesting, New Meta Predictions / Theory Crafting

Maul_Rat
Maul_Rat
✭✭✭
I picked the worst time to get into PVP. The one ring to rule them all will be getting nerfed and could be worse depending on the official release of the patch. I was looking into sets that do well in Cyrodill and came across Dark Convergence for Magicka Necromancers.

Yes, I know the set is ridiculous, but it's the closest to Hades from Smite, whom I love. Using Vicious death for bomb-like kills is like Hades's slam staff burst and I don't think there is anything else in the game that is close to it. Will DC still be useable post-patch? I have also read that Rush of Agony performs better, which would make it a solid replacement?

I thought of taking my Bash guy and putting Rush of Agony and proc it with shield charge for a similar effect. I still struggle killing players in Cyrodill and recently was reminded that sustain is life and death. So any tips for this maggot?

What are your thoughts on PVP changes? For necros in particular, what are some fun sets to run with them?

The current meta is very tanky and can be discouraging for players just trying to kill one guy in a "zerg." or just AD.
I just want man flesh.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would wait until week 3 pts, the devs might change a couple of things.
    As is on pts, solo and small groups will suffer heavily from the healing over time nerfs.
    For large scale, I think plaguebreak is looking really strong, since you can apply it to multiple targets at once now, and it can also crit now.
    Its basically another vicious death now.
    With occult overload and vd and plague , we could see another level of bombing.
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'm thinking my troll tank will be back in PvP. Self heals, permablock (because la is nerfed to nothingness). Not sure that's a good thing because I don't remember 20 a side tanks slapping each other as being an exactly glorious meta.
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maul_Rat wrote: »
    I picked the worst time to get into PVP. The one ring to rule them all will be getting nerfed and could be worse depending on the official release of the patch. I was looking into sets that do well in Cyrodill and came across Dark Convergence for Magicka Necromancers.

Yes, I know the set is ridiculous, but it's the closest to Hades from Smite, whom I love. Using Vicious death for bomb-like kills is like Hades's slam staff burst and I don't think there is anything else in the game that is close to it. Will DC still be useable post-patch? I have also read that Rush of Agony performs better, which would make it a solid replacement?

I thought of taking my Bash guy and putting Rush of Agony and proc it with shield charge for a similar effect. I still struggle killing players in Cyrodill and recently was reminded that sustain is life and death. So any tips for this maggot?

What are your thoughts on PVP changes? For necros in particular, what are some fun sets to run with them?

The current meta is very tanky and can be discouraging for players just trying to kill one guy in a "zerg." or just AD.

If only you knew how much those set items made me want to quit PvP forever. They're toxic. I've taken breaks from the game because of them. Every patch there's a toxic broken set for you to use, so don't worry. Just watch one of the YouTube videos with titles like "This set is broken" and "This should not go live".
    Options
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    If only you knew how much those set items made me want to quit PvP forever. They're toxic. I've taken breaks from the game because of them. Every patch there's a toxic broken set for you to use, so don't worry. Just watch one of the YouTube videos with titles like "This set is broken" and "This should not go live".

Elyon, this is why I have sought out the forums. Youtube is very very copy-paste meta for everything and it gets annoying. I want to have fun and see what cool sets are out there. The tank meta is very cringed btw, so that's why I created this thread for some solutions to everything PVP related.
    I just want man flesh.
    Options