The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Harvester Trial Dummy - mis-selling

Grendalism
Grendalism
✭✭✭
The recent Crown store Harvester trial dummy (6000 crowns) was, I believe, mis-sold.

The description had it listed as comparable to a ‘veteran trial boss’.

On buying and placing such dummy, it has only 21M health, so is same as the original Iron Golem.

Practically all veteran trials have bosses in excess of 50M health, and whilst the 21M is used for DPS parsing, it was hoped that these “limited editions” would have significantly more health (I.e 50-100M) as to allow a full 12 person group to practise on taking it down in preparation for an actual veteran trial.

Just using Alcast’s vHR as an example:
1st boss = 41M
2 x 2nd boss (left/right side) = 23.3M = 46.6M total
Last boss = 64M

I appreciate that the trial dummy gives buffs/debuffs, but that doesn’t fully work as a true boss in as much as there are various sets used that are proc’d by taking damage.

IMHO, the word veteran should be removed from its description….

…though, ideally, I’d like to see (in next small patch) the Harvester Dummy upgraded to a higher health
(Which may warrant it to be relisted)
Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually most people use the buffed 21M dummies for parsing on their own. The only times I've ever hit a dummy with an entire raid team we used the unbuffed large dummy, so that the group's damage with only our applied buffs and debuffs could be measured.
    On this basis, the health of the veteran trial dummy should be 64m / 8 = 8 MB, because there are 8 dps in a raid team.

What we actually need is a buffed dummy that is about 8MB to make it less time consuming and expensive to practice solo parsing.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buffed dummies are intended to simulate boss plus support group. No actual boss buffs you, after all.

There not many houses where a trial group could reasonably practice. You need enough space for members to move out of range of spells, for example. The dummy would at least need to lay down some red areas, even if it does not attack, so that players can rehearse getting out of stupid, and again that takes space. All said, the best practice is going to be in the field, not at home with a dummy.
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    True, but the point i am trying to make is the dummy description is “veteran trial boss”.

When you look at ALL current veteran trials, how many bosses (not mini-bosses, as description isn’t “veteran trial mini-boss”) have 21M health?
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they really wanted to make a dummy for groups to practice on, they need to make several changes.

It needs have a 28m damaging AOE and pulse extra damage every couple of seconds that hits the group and have extra area of damage that pop up at random. You would need a larger area (56m) to place it because the boss would need to jump or run around as well. Plus, no buffs or debuffs, only what the group brings. Plus, whomever applies major fracture gets random hard hits at times. You could have it spawn 3 million skeletons at random in random places in the fighting that have to be killed or wipe half the group. This way you test the whole group and not just the dps. Outside of DPS checks if a group fails it’s the heals or tank that die that causes the wipe. Tanks and healers need to be able to practice as well.

Stay safe :)
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. All of the trial dummies have said "Veteran Trial Dummy". These are meant to be taken on solo. If you want a raid dummy for a team they make them, the Robust Cenutrions.