Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many readable books that can be placed in a house?

AdricEdwistyr
I trying to figure out if it would be possible to build a library with all readable
books available in the game (and that can be placed in a house).
Any idea?
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I haven't counted, but the mystic in mages guilds sells book collections which have 5-10 readable books in each, and there are quite a few. ESO Fashion website shows upwards of maybe 100 from those alone, and then there are other books from other sources.

So could you have all readable books, id say yes because i don't think there are more than 700 books as that would be the highest limit you might be able to have (or thereabouts).

Best of luck.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to maintain a "Trivia Page" for ESO stuff but discontinued it long ago, (somewhere around UD17).
    At that point there were a Total of Interactive Housing Books~ 312.
    To put them all on bookcases, it was somewhere around 400+ slots at that time.
    So...... To actually make a nice readable library, which I wanted to do for our Guild Hall, it didn't leave much room for anything else.
    Hope this helps. :)
    Just for giggles, here is some other of my last trivia stuff.. Huzzah!
    FUN ESO FACTS, STATS AND TRIVIA
    (Up to Update 17~ Dragon Bones)
    Total Skyshards ~ 405
    Total Skill points ~ 394
    Skill Ability's+Morph's ~ 546
    Total Champion points ~ 3,600
    Total Provisioning Recipes ~ 560
    Total Motifs ~ 57
    Crafted Sets~ 41
    Total Crafting Set Tables~ 123
    Total Crafting Tables +Alch, Ench, Dye, Prov, Transmute~ 127
    Total Drop Sets~ 256 (Zone, Dungeon, Trials & PvP)
    Total Monster Sets~ 32
    Total Guild Traders ~ 183
    Housing Items Craftable ~ 3200+(This is a approximation)
    Total Interactive Housing Books~ 312
    Tamrielic Holidays ~ 54
    *Total Books ~ 3,653 = 500,000+ words (Base Game= 2,200 books/ 480,000 words)
    In-Game Items ~61+ Million (2/3 are weapons)
    Weapon Variations ~ 40,656,000+
    Total Named NPC's ~16,045 @UD12 (Note: 2016 Guinness World Record Holder for “Most Unique NPC's in a Video Game”.)
    Mudcrab kills to level 50~ 119,050

ESO set in 2E583 ~ Talos born 2E827 ~ {244 years after ESO}
    3E399 – TES I: Arena ~(1994) ~ {712 years after ESO}
    3E405 – TES II: Daggerfall ~(1996) ~ {718 years after ESO}
    3E 398- TES Legends: Battlespire ~(1997) ~ {711 years after ESO}
    2E864 – TES Legends: Redguard ~(1998) ~ {281 years after ESO}
    3E427 – TES III: Morrowind ~(2002) ~ {740 years after ESO}
    ?E ???- TES Travels:Stormhold ~(2003)
    3E 397- TES Legends: Shadowkey ~(2004) ~ {710 years after ESO}
    ?E ???- TES Travels: Dawnstar ~(2004)
    3E433 – TES IV: Oblivion ~(2006) ~{746 years after ESO}
    4E201 – TES V: Skyrim ~(2011) ~{948 years after ESO}
    (**Note: Unable to find time line for Dawnstar & Stormhold~Approx 3E 397-3E 400 I believe**)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know exactly how many books there are, but I'm fairly sure you could fit them all into the medium or larger houses, but there may not be much space for anything else.

The tricky part will be shelves as there's surprisingly few bookcases where the shelves are far enough apart to fit books. You can put them in anyway but they'll clip through the shelves which often looks weird and can make them impossible to interact with.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I don't know exactly how many books there are, but I'm fairly sure you could fit them all into the medium or larger houses, but there may not be much space for anything else.

The tricky part will be shelves as there's surprisingly few bookcases where the shelves are far enough apart to fit books. You can put them in anyway but they'll clip through the shelves which often looks weird and can make them impossible to interact with.

I put the Pelinal books I had into a Khajiit Bookcase and had to place them spines up and have them stick out the front of the bookcase in order to be readable.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• AdricEdwistyr
    Thank you for your help. I'll try fit as many books as possible in Tel Galen.
  • TmzOS
    TmzOS
    ✭✭
    Around 384 total in books, 364(?) you can buy with gold.. others are from crown store.

Stay prepared to organize 300+ books.. it's a pain... yes I have a library.
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,books plus bookcases works out at around 420 furnishing slots
    (Dependant on size & style of book case).

I have a library almost completed, with:
    - All readable ingame plus crown store books
    - all zone maps (from antiquities) as a map room
    - A locked, “dangerous books” section (for those filthy, vile Daedric books from Sheogorath)
    - Engraved books section (Clockwork books, Lunar champion tablets etc)

My plan is to add a few ‘copies’ into the library to use as a competition: “which books are here in duplicate?”
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015