Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What am I missing?

barney2525
barney2525
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Using the Outfitter - I got and applied (character has clothing level 9+) Dwemer pieces. Gloves, Chest, feet.

Why do I not find Anything pertaining to Dwemer on the Outfitter ? Not even in the Not-yet-collected area.

:#
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 15, 2022 2:40AM
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To unlock outfit styles you need to learn motifs first, only then you're able to use them. And there is Dwemer stuff, it's just sometimes called "Dwarf" or "Dwarven" for some reason.

Here's the basic Dwemer outfit - https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Dwemer+Style
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    (...) Dwemer stuff, it's just sometimes called "Dwarf" or "Dwarven" for some reason. (...)
    Eg: All the Dwemer related furnishings/furniture is labeled as "Dwarven"

Gear eg: Dwemer Pauldrons

Edited by redlink1979 on July 14, 2022 3:48PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dwemer style motif is not a single motif, but is divided up into pages, so you'll need to have learned the style on a given piece of gear before you can apply it to that portion of your outfit.

Once you've learned the style on a given piece of armor or type of weapon, the style will be available to all of your characters as far as being able to apply it to that portion of their outfit, even if a particular character hasn't learned to actually craft that piece of gear in that style yet.

To see which pieces of gear you can apply the Dwemer style to in your outfits, select Collections (U), Outfit Styles tab, click in the Filter By field, type in Dwemer, and click on each item under Armor Styles and Weapon Styles.

If any character has learned the Dwemer style for that piece, you will see it shown under Light, Medium, and Heavy (for the Armor Styles), or under each of the specific Weapon Styles, and it will say Collected in the corner of the tooltip.

But if none of your characters have learned it yet, you will see a generic grayed-out image and it will say Not Collected.

Note that the style is referred to as Dwarven in the outfit Styles, even though the motif pages refer to it as Dwemer. But the text in the tooltip does mention the Dwemer Crafting Style, which is why filtering by Dwemer works.

If you want to see which characters can actually craft specific pieces of gear in the Dwemer style-- as opposed to paying gold to apply that style in your outfits-- select Journal (J), Lore Library tab, Crafting Motifs, scroll down to find and click on Dwemer Style, and you can see a list of the individual crafting motif pages and whether or not that character has learned them yet.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I pretty much know everything that has been pointed out. I bought a Dwemer chest motif, and unlike all the other motif pieces I have bought, it did not show in the Outfitter. Nothing Dwemer is listed in the Outfitter.

From what I gather, you are saying the Motif says Dwemer but the Outfitter says Dwarven.

Sounds weird that they would handle it this way.

:#