The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hoped for Improvements to future Zeal of Zenithar events

maximusrex45
maximusrex45
✭✭✭✭
I enjoyed the Zeal of Zenithar even this year, but encountered a few pain points, and also have some thoughts for improvement.

The Crafting Research scrolls offered in the boxes cannot be Fenced or Laundered, so if you got the scroll in a box that was stolen on a character with no use for it, your only option is to destroy it.

Maps need to stack. Having to stop playing with my friends to go and use maps because they are making inventory and event box management a PITA isn't a particularly fun mechanic.

Keys need to be Account Bound. While I tried to keep the focus on my main character, I inevitably wound up with boxes, and by extension, keys on alts I don't necessarily need or want them on.

Companion gear overload. I appreciate the thought here, but I got around 200+ companion gear items, and only two were the slot/trait/quality I needed to either want the item for use, or to use it to upgrade the quality of the item my companions were already wearing. Companion gear needs to be a less winning the lotto type of system in the game. When you clog my inventory with gear I don't want, can process for mats, can't upgrade, can't use to learn the traits on, it just feels like a waste and aggravating. ESO has a great crafting system for gear already, I am amazed ZOS decided to ignore it for drops that are almost impossible to get the one you want.

Considering the crafting focus of the introductory quest, and of the festival grounds setting in Belkarth, I was disappointed that the rewards focus was so heavy toward Provisioning while very minimally dropping plans for the other crafting skills, and the furnishing mats needed to make them. Hopefully next year most crafting patterns that drop in the world can be added as rewards in the boxes, as well as mats like mundane runes, heartwood, regulus, bast, etc.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 15, 2022 3:15AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with pretty much all of this. I'd say for reward boxes with companion gear, don't even include green quality. Blue with a small chance of purple would have been fine. I suppose some players were happy with the green gear, but those are generally low value anyway.

There may be more added to the companion system in the future such as crafting, deconstruction or stickerbook access which would make this green gear more attractive but for now, it just feels bad.

The bound to character keys never should have been included in the first place. I'd like to assume it was an oversight. If it was done with full knowledge that they are character bound then bad ZOS. Bad. Go to the corner and think about what you've done. You can come back in 30 minutes.

The stolen items not being able to be laundered, probably also an oversight, but a more reasonable one as it's a bit more of an edge case compared to the keys. That would hopefully be fixed before the next event... hopefully.

Also agreed on the maps. They should be made to stack, similar to surveys and probably should have been reworked long ago. The unique aspect is antiquated, outdated and unnecessary. They should not use those as a key reward in an event in the current state. That being said, I wasn't exactly disappointed that the value on High Isle and Deadlands maps finally reached a semi reasonable price so I could buy up and finish my codex, but that's a whole other issue.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the daily ticket quest - keep it simpler. Less talk / need for praying. Having it for the first time, fine, but not when just trying to get tickets.

And while the interaction dotted around the world were nice, they did very little. No boost or anything. Or good loot.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    For OP @maximusrex45 , i'm not sure why the Mods haven't moved your thread yet , but if you want some of your tips & suggestions to get seen by the correct @ZOS_ people, you might wanna re-post them in the designated stickied 'feedback' thread over here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/610339/feedback-for-zeal-of-zenithar-event/p1
  • EozZoe1989
    EozZoe1989
    ✭✭✭
    iam waiting for the next event lol
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, the rewards were mostly meh. I started calling the Sublime parcels Subpar-cels. They didn't really shine given it was an event. It might have been nice to see gold crafting mats instead of blue. The only interesting thing that they included was the keys from the vaults but they were rng'd so very hit and miss.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, some other points:

-We should be able to activate and complete an unlimited number of master writs at the same time. Right now, without add-ons, I can only do 7 at a time tops. Causing me to teleport back and forth to my house, over and over and over and over.

-There should be a provisioning, enchanting, and alchemy station near the master writ turn-in. Either next to it, or on the other side of the road.

PS: This causes me most of my lost time to do master writs, versus someone who uses add-ons.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While you’re reworking the maps, fix the inequality with gamepad mode where you can’t loot a map if you already have it in your bank.

Being able to switch to keyboard mode and immediately loot it (because keyboard mode only checks your character’s inventory and doesn’t care about your bank) just reinforces every single time how baseless and unjustified a difference this is.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put the daily quest in a couple more zones; it was nice to see more of Craglorn, but Belkarth was too busy.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only rewards worth it were the daily tickets IMO. I guess IC keys kind of sort of are, maybe, but they're character bound. That's no good.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worst event so far. Just delete it. I got level 1 crafting mats on grandmaster crafter. I got scads of blue recipes I already knew. I got the same style page 4 times in a row, I couldn't even give them away.

I got keys to IC tried to turn in some of them, got camped. Destroyed the the rest. Naked ploy to get us into IC.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post