Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

RNG'd all 3 Radiant Apex on 243 crates.. there goes my lottery ticket

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
After 243 crates I got all 3 Radiant Apex which is extremely lucky considering the odds. This is my best crate season to date. I've been buying crates for a very long time and never seen drops like this.

3tCkvBo.png

6NmDzP7.png

TfQplnn.png

Oddly enough I still have 4 Apex rewards to collect.

HHX1ZEX.png

At this point, I'm not sure I want to spend 1600 gems to get the remaining items. I usually buy enough crates to get all Apex rewards hoping for a Radiant mount. But now that I have all 3 then I might be done with the crate season.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 5, 2022 3:47AM
PC NA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I created another thread to see how many crates would be needed for this. You at least showed the likely minimum.

ZOS, along with other game makers, will deserve the laws against this they get hit with in the near future.

I am not necessarily an advocate of these laws, but the "good drop" rates are so low and will generate much more ire than what they might have gotten if they had been a bit less aggressive in making the drop rates so low. The problem is that these are great money making items, so taking what they can while they can does make some sense, even if it creates long term annoyance.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    £400 roughly?
  • theoriginalpickle
    theoriginalpickle
    ✭✭✭
    243 YOU BOUGHT 243 bloody hell. Did you win the lottery and then spend it on RNG lottery in game?

Cool that you got the mounts but that's a mortgage payment and food for a month for me.
    ]I am always the original pickle tickler nothing will stop my merciless reign
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you premeptively buy all the crates? Because I mean you could probably have gotten the other radiants with gems after a certain point, no?
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy for you but also sad for me when I look at my bank account. :D
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    After 243 crates I got all 3 Radiant Apex which is extremely lucky considering the odds. This is my best crate season to date. I've been buying crates for a very long time and never seen drops like this.

3tCkvBo.png

6NmDzP7.png

TfQplnn.png

Oddly enough I still have 4 Apex rewards to collect.

HHX1ZEX.png

At this point, I'm not sure I want to spend 1600 gems to get the remaining items. I usually buy enough crates to get all Apex rewards hoping for a Radiant mount. But now that I have all 3 then I might be done with the crate season.

thank-you-for-your-sacrifice-thank-you-for-your-selflessness.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    £400 roughly?

It was $380 USD. This is my hobby.

243 YOU BOUGHT 243 bloody hell. Did you win the lottery and then spend it on RNG lottery in game?

Cool that you got the mounts but that's a mortgage payment and food for a month for me.

You must not live in the United States because the average 30-year fixed mortgage payment here is $2064 USD.
    PC NA
  • theoriginalpickle
    theoriginalpickle
    ✭✭✭

You must not live in the United States because the average 30-year fixed mortgage payment here is $2064 USD.[/quote]

Most definitely do not live in the US not would i ever want to.
    ]I am always the original pickle tickler nothing will stop my merciless reign
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You must not live in the United States because the average 30-year fixed mortgage payment here is $2064 USD.

Most definitely do not live in the US not would i ever want to. [/quote]

I would suspect the largest group of players live in the US, but I have no idea for sure. Do they publish stats on who lives where?

BTW, my monthly mortgage payment is not quite his level, but very close. Not as expensive here in north Texas, but expensive enough.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is my math insane here or is that not $380 USD?

21k crowns is $149.99 right? You can buy 60 crates with that. 243 crates would be 16.2 of those 15 crate packs, which is closer to like $600? Dropping some dough homie!
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »
    Is my math insane here or is that not $380 USD?

21k crowns is $149.99 right? You can buy 60 crates with that. 243 crates would be 16.2 of those 15 crate packs, which is closer to like $600? Dropping some dough homie!

I only buy on sale. $89.99 + tax = $99 per 21k crowns
    PC NA