Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What does 'area direct damage' mean?

ezmaye
ezmaye
✭✭✭
Hi
Hoping someone can clarify this for me.

I'm looking at giving the Baron Thirsk set a go in pvp, but what does area direct damage mean? Does this mean an AOE skill needs to be used?

eiukzvi5dn5j.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 12, 2022 1:26PM

Best Answer

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE direct dmg is something like impulse, a burst of dmg in an area instead of a dmg over time in the area

the aoe component of shock clench works as well if it hits another target near the primary one

personally from testing i found the proc dmg a little on the weak side, and the cooldown far too long for what it did (testing against target dummies in my house, so it would do even less dmg in pvp)

the "scaling" i feel is kind of misleading, it says each imp increases dmg by 100%, what this actually means is that it increases dmg by what the first imp did

so imp 1 blows up this is 1x dmg
    imp 2 blows up, and is equivalent to 2x imp 1
    imp 3 blows up and it is equivalent to 3x imp 1

it sadly does not scale as in actually double dmg from the previous imp for the 3rd imp (the way i would have implied it would be imp 3 should be 2x imp 2, not 3x imp 1)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    AOE direct dmg is something like impulse, a burst of dmg in an area instead of a dmg over time in the area

the aoe component of shock clench works as well if it hits another target near the primary one

personally from testing i found the proc dmg a little on the weak side, and the cooldown far too long for what it did (testing against target dummies in my house, so it would do even less dmg in pvp)

the "scaling" i feel is kind of misleading, it says each imp increases dmg by 100%, what this actually means is that it increases dmg by what the first imp did

so imp 1 blows up this is 1x dmg
    imp 2 blows up, and is equivalent to 2x imp 1
    imp 3 blows up and it is equivalent to 3x imp 1

it sadly does not scale as in actually double dmg from the previous imp for the 3rd imp (the way i would have implied it would be imp 3 should be 2x imp 2, not 3x imp 1)

Thank you so much for answering my question.