Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Starting questline is changed?

DeltaForce64x
DeltaForce64x
✭✭✭
I just created an Imperial character and suddenly placed into Blackwood area as level 1, what happened to the that island series of missions? Where you help friendly NPCs to evacuate the island due to enemy faction invasion. I'd like to play that again, any ideas?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 12, 2022 1:32AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just created an Imperial character and suddenly placed into Blackwood area as level 1, what happened to the that island series of missions? Where you help friendly NPCs to evacuate the island due to enemy faction invasion. I'd like to play that again, any ideas?

If you’re referring to Bleakrock, you can still get there and do that series of quests. Those aren’t a tutorial.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to get to Stonefalls, and Davon's Watch. Depending on what you want to do, you can meet the hooded stranger and go to the meeting with your mysterious benefactor to start the original game, or find the npc on the docks down by the Fish Stink tavern to take you to Bleak Rock and go on from there.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to skip the tutorial? Because the current tutorial takes places at the Direnni Tower, and at the end there is a room with a dozen of portals leading to different places, which you use to choose your starting location. You can still travel to a different place the ordinary way, of course.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless something changed since High Isle dropped, you still get the option to skip the tutorial, because I did, and got dropped immediately into High Isle.

If the OP hasn't bought the new chapter, and selected the wrong option, s/he would have been placed into Blackwood, yes.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • DeltaForce64x
    DeltaForce64x
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have the latest expansion, directly posted into blackwood where some Imperial wants my help, however when I did move to davons watch I got a hooded figure so I go to bleakrock

thanks all
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ixmike
    ixmike
    ✭✭✭
    I remember way back when, my starting quest was in ColdHarbour.

Edited by ixmike on July 12, 2022 1:48AM
    Xbox NA, DC NB.Gamertag: swampfoxix
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have the latest expansion, directly posted into blackwood where some Imperial wants my help, however when I did move to davons watch I got a hooded figure so I go to bleakrock

thanks all

It sounds like you skipped the tutorial when you finished creating the character. If you do that you'll be put into the most recent chapter you own, which for you is Blackwood.

If you choose to play the tutorial then at the end you're given a choice of portals to any of the 3 Alliances starter islands, or any chapters you own.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"