The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not really lore but quest story question

kieso
kieso
✭✭✭✭✭
Not exactly lore but I do have a question regarding a quest.

In repears March you run into a khajiit asking for help in finding his partner tand, tand went off to gamble and lost.

Now in this quest you ask around and then get the attention of the gambling boss. The boss sets you up in an ambush which you defeat.

Once you defeat the ambush the boss' second in command named azah devises a plan for you to save tand (and some others) and then she can take over.

Here's the part thats never made sense to me. After saving tand and others you get attacked by both Hardan and azah.

Why would she assist hadran after helping us and asking us to get rid of hardan ?

Makes no sense 😕 🤷‍♂️
Edited by kieso on July 11, 2022 7:44PM
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    Not exactly lore but I do have a question regarding a quest.

In repears March you run into a khajiit asking for help in finding his partner tand, tand went off to gamble and lost.

Now in this quest you ask around and then get the attention of the gambling boss. The boss sets you up in an ambush which you defeat.

Once you defeat the ambush the boss' second in command named azah devises a plan for you to save tand (and some others) and then she can take over.

Here's the part thats never made sense to me. After saving tand and others you get attacked by both Hardan and azah.

Why would she assist hadran after helping us and asking us to get rid of hardan ?

Makes no sense 😕 🤷‍♂️

what is the quest called @kieso
    Edited by Eporem on July 12, 2022 6:55PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hadran's Caravan quests?

I don't see a clear reason why she decides to betray you, but she's not exactly straight dealing. When she talks to you, she acts outraged about Hadran being a slaver, but in her journal she reveals she doesn't care at all about slavery. It's only a problem because Queen Ayrenn might interfere to stop it.

The most likely explanation is that she underestimated your ability to kill her and Hadran. Alternatively, she hoped to kill both of you in the fight, establish herself as leader because she killed you, and then sell off the slaves herself before switching to just gambling that's less likely to attract the Queen's attention. But she never explains it, so that's just a guess on my part.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Azum
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Azum's_Journal