The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Textures not loading and game sometimes freezes for half a second. Is my Playstation or SSD dying?

Lebkuchen
Lebkuchen
✭✭✭✭✭
I upgraded my Ps4 pro with an internal SSD a while ago. Mainly because i hated the black silhouettes after traveling and waiting for NPCs to spawn. And i was hoping for a performance improvement in Cyrodiil.

So, it did help a lot with silhouettes, loading textures and NPCs. I guess my game starts faster, traveling between wayshrines is faster, maybe even the sight range while riding my mount is better and the game looks a bit better... I am still not sure about better performance in big fights, but i am glad i upgraded to SSD. I feel like it was worth it, and i would never go back to my old hard disk drive.

But now, when i am riding to Fasaria in Belkarth/Craglorn, to do my daily quest for the Zeal of Zenithar Event, i am experiencing this:
(sorry for my bad paint skills, trying to delete the names)

arlzztrrn6i8.jpg

Textures of other players take 10-20 seconds to load, and i have to wait a few more seconds for the NPCs to spawn. And when i am riding back to the wayshrine in Belkarth the same is happening there. When i am riding back and forth, i am always welcomed by black silhouettes.

And sometimes the game is freezing for half a second, no matter where i am or what i am doing. I deleted most of my friends because of the freezing in Cyrodiil when they come online. But this is new, and different.

Now my question is:
Could this be signs of my SSD or Playstation dying, or is this normal at the moment?

Thank you
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 11, 2022 4:24PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do not own a PS, but if my computer had that issue I'd suspect there to be a heating issue. Which could cause a delay when showing the graphics, and even temporarily freeze the image.

Might want to make sure the PS has enough room to vent the hot air, and you might want to clean the openings so more air can flow through.

You could also try lowering graphics somewhat, see if that helps.

That's about all the help I can give, goodluck!
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just how ESO runs on last gen consoles. I used to have the same problem on One X. That disappeared on Series X
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just replaced the thermal paste and cleaned the playstation on the inside a few weeks ago. I thought i did a great job, because the playstation is not nearly as loud as it was before. But maybe i made a mistake somewhere, dropped a thermal pad or something, i will check again, thank you.

I am playing in 1080p mode, because 4k can get pretty loud in big fights on the first version of the ps4 pro. Lowering graphics is not an option on consoles :'( And it's not frame drops, it's short freezes i am worried about. But thank you for your help, i will check.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually long time ago to help allievate this issue PC would clear shade cache

Next thing is I heard an Xbox player turned on fide something to improve performance

How big is your tv?
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on July 11, 2022 3:43PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for asking the same question again in a different way. But you did not just move this thread from gerneral discussion after 2-3 hours, you also deleted it there, so noone would ever see it. Nobody reads technical support...
    But it's fine, i asked in zonechat a couple of times, and other players have to wait even longer for the questgiver to spawn, so i guess i do no longer have to worry about my console dying.