The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why don't Pull abilities grant CC immunity?

OnGodiDoDis
OnGodiDoDis
✭✭✭
This is a major design flaw. A pull ability is considered Crowd Control, so why does it not grant immunity after being pulled? The warden portal immobimizes the pulled target. When they break free (if they break free) they get immunity solely because of the immobilization effect. DK chains don't have a stun or immobilize, so they can keep spamming chains on a player that's trying to get away. This results in people getting constantly dragged into a moshpit of 10+ players. To make matters even worse, the DK gets the magicka refunded if the target cannot be pulled, so they just keep spamming chains until they get what they want. The same scenario applies to Dark Convergence. When a target is pulled and they try to roll dodge, they get stunned/feared because they are not CC immune from getting pulled in. This goes against everything we know about stuns, immobilizations, and CC immunity. I've been playing for years and I still sometimes get pulled in or stunned. Imagine what new players go through. Most of the people dying to this set are new PvPers because they try to roll and they get pulled in. It's OK to get pulled, just make it so that it grants CC immunity. It is possible to break free from a pull and negate the effect, but the window is too short and the pull happens too fast to react to it. The same thing goes for the necro pull. The skill pulls in random people, so it's impossible to know who is going to get pulled, and even more impossible to block it.
  • Vakiri
    Vakiri
    I'm pretty sure dk chains does cc the target, which inturn gives cc immunity, hence why in pvp, mainly xv1'ers make use of it. Unless this has been a change recently I have missed, because he only pull that doesn't grant cc immunity is Rush of Agony?

Also higher tier guards can chain irrelevant of cc immunity apparently, and drag your ass across the 28 meter length over what feels like 28 seconds xD
    Edited by Vakiri on July 10, 2022 9:42PM
    Options
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set dark convergence was designed to counter ball groups, its done the complete opposite. Ball groups are using it to crush zergs. Not just that zergs are using it against the solo player. But on the subject matter. You are totally correct. Pulls should immediately apply CC immunity. And I have always thought that CCs that are more effective should apply a longer immune time
    Options
  • Vakiri
    Vakiri
    I thought they already did though, apart from one set hat specifically says it doesn't?
    Options
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    Vakiri wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure dk chains does cc the target, which inturn gives cc immunity, hence why in pvp, mainly xv1'ers make use of it. Unless this has been a change recently I have missed, because he only pull that doesn't grant cc immunity is Rush of Agony?

Also higher tier guards can chain irrelevant of cc immunity apparently, and drag your ass across the 28 meter length over what feels like 28 seconds xD

Pull abilities are considered stuns. This can be proved by using a Race Against Time, which gives immunity to snares and immobilizations, not stuns. When you're in Mist Form, the guards cannot pull you, because Mist Form protects against stuns as well. This takes us back to the topic as to why a stun doesn't grant CC immunity
    Options
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they already did though, apart from one set hat specifically says it doesn't?

So, pulls do give you the chance to break free, but the window is so small that it's basically non-existent. If you block-weave in PvP like I do, you'll occasionally block an incoming pull. It is all luck whether you block it or not. They're almost impossible to see, especially since DKs are casting chains behind you when you're running away.
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pull abilities are considered stuns. This can be proved by using a Race Against Time, which gives immunity to snares and immobilizations, not stuns. When you're in Mist Form, the guards cannot pull you, because Mist Form protects against stuns as well. This takes us back to the topic as to why a stun doesn't grant CC immunity

It should do as vakiri stated above that is how it worked before. I know that is how it work in PvE still. I have not tried it in PvP. Unless they made a recent change.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a major design flaw. A pull ability is considered Crowd Control, so why does it not grant immunity after being pulled? The warden portal immobimizes the pulled target. When they break free (if they break free) they get immunity solely because of the immobilization effect. DK chains don't have a stun or immobilize, so they can keep spamming chains on a player that's trying to get away. This results in people getting constantly dragged into a moshpit of 10+ players. To make matters even worse, the DK gets the magicka refunded if the target cannot be pulled, so they just keep spamming chains until they get what they want. The same scenario applies to Dark Convergence. When a target is pulled and they try to roll dodge, they get stunned/feared because they are not CC immune from getting pulled in. This goes against everything we know about stuns, immobilizations, and CC immunity. I've been playing for years and I still sometimes get pulled in or stunned. Imagine what new players go through. Most of the people dying to this set are new PvPers because they try to roll and they get pulled in. It's OK to get pulled, just make it so that it grants CC immunity. It is possible to break free from a pull and negate the effect, but the window is too short and the pull happens too fast to react to it. The same thing goes for the necro pull. The skill pulls in random people, so it's impossible to know who is going to get pulled, and even more impossible to block it.

They do. The only one that doesn't is Rush of Agony. Every other pull applies CC immunity, and if it doesn't it is a bug related to desyncing and not intentional.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on July 10, 2022 10:30PM
    Options