Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Disappointed in the wizards hoise

Vampiress30
Vampiress30
Soul Shriven
Th new wizards house is .not what I expected. It looksblike a cave with tree roots. Not a tower. I know ESO can do better than this. Was looking forward to purchasing this but didn’t.

Is there a suitable house that can be used as a wizard's home?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 11, 2022 1:39AM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not new. Has existed since the Morrowind Chapter and returns on rare occasions. It's also specifically Telvanni not just a normal wizard house, and Telvanni likes their mushrooms houses.

So if you're a Telvanni wizard it is a very suitable house.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can argue about the realization (I know some don't like Tel Galen because it's not close enough to the impression they had of Telvanni towers in TES3), but complaining about the style as a whole, about the mix between organic and artificial structures? It's just what that cultural style is. You wouldn't look at a Redguard building and complain that it looks Redguard either.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • DagenHawk
    DagenHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is something to be said for all of the components you can buy to customize your home from blocks to columns...it's expensive but you can literally Minecraft that Sh stuff.

just find the right environment home that is available drop a couple hundred and there you are.
  • Vampiress30
    Vampiress30
    Soul Shriven
    Not complaining just saying it doesn’t look like a wizards tower. Maybe a wizards cave since it has mushrooms.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not complaining just saying it doesn’t look like a wizards tower.

But that's the thing. It does look like a "wizard's tower." Specifically, a Telvanni wizard's tower.

Because Telvanni wizards are like that.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, what kind of building do you search for? Something like the tower of Magister Irin on High Isle?
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Tor_Draioch
    I'm afraid there's no house like that available at the moment. You would have to build one yourself.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

So, what kind of building do you search for? Something like the tower of Magister Irin on High Isle?
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Tor_Draioch
    I'm afraid there's no house like that available at the moment. You would have to build one yourself.

I love to build from scratch, I think you could make a passible attempt at a tower like the one in the link. Trick would be to use large structural items to minimize issues of lack of space when trying to decorate inside.

As per usual I think my issue would be the roof, pls pls tell the housing devs to give us some structural roof pieces @ZOS_Kevin!

We got one, we need more PLEASE 💕

I might just give it a go, I'm thinkig maybe Moonsugar Meadow or possibly Hunter's Glade not sure there's enough empty area in the latter without checking though.

At a push I was considering tearing down my Coldharbour build but like Hunter's Glade the light is a bit weird. Would a wizard care though?? 🤔
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Vampiress30
    Vampiress30
    Soul Shriven
    fzahhxdi8qmw.jpeg

Wizard tower
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's more than one type of wizard tower. This style of tower has screamed Telvanni for a very long time now. It's fine if it's not your cup of tea, but it is a very lore friendly style of tower.

ETA

Another example of mushroom tower

yjlwbz3eijpr.jpg

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/House_Telvanni
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Testimonials_on_Mushroom_Towers
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 9, 2022 6:52PM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been hoping for a non-Telvanni type tower structure for my wizards since the game first came out. Still waiting. I had high hopes for Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm, but sadly it turned out to be ruins. 🏰
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at it last night and thought it odd. Then I tried the furnished preview (I like to do that even if I don't intend to buy it just to see what the devs or I guess artist had in mind for the space) and it looked a lot better to me. Still odd, but it made more sense as a house.

Just not *my* house. But I can see how it would be a perfect fit for some people and I do like the design aesthetic.
    PS5/NA
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice if they added a standard type wizard tower, although my envisioning of the perfect one would maybe be a little too weathered and unkempt for many. When I think wizard tower I think old and a bit crumbling. Something really should be available, though, to go with the medieval-ish aesthetic and fantasy setting of ESO.

That being said, I bought Tel Galen last night because it's perfect as a primary residence for my main who's a dark elf sorcerer. It's the only home I've purchased, furnished. Usually the furnished versions don't seem worth the increased price to me but this one I love.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just saying it doesn’t look like a wizards tower.

It looks precisely like a Telvanni wizard's tower.

Go visit Tel Naga in Sadrith Mora, just to the north of Tel Galen, for an even bigger example.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Go visit Tel Naga in Sadrith Mora, just to the north of Tel Galen, for an even bigger example.

Yes, or Tel Mora near Vos, Tel Branora, Tel Aruhn or Tel Fyr. No one has to like that style, but it's the typical architecture of the region.

The only thing I find a bit unfair is that you can buy a Redoran and a Hlaalu style house for gold, but the Telvanni tower is a crown store exclusive.
      @Syldras | PC | EU
    • couriersix
      couriersix
      ✭✭✭
      It's not in the store currently but Shalidor's Shrouded realm might be what you're looking for, it's 3 floating wizard towers in oblivion with a crypt. There's also Agony's Ascent which isn't in the store either, but it's a tower in the Deadlands with a large spire.
      PC / NA - cp 1000+ - EP magicka necro.
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Whenever I look at Tel Galen I can't help but think that place looks like it was taken over by the Flood from Halo. That's kind of cool.
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • brylars
      brylars
      ✭✭✭
      I have the Tel Galen. It is one of my planned projects to rework it to look more like the Telvanni towers of TES III. I know one of the first impressions of the tower is that it looked more like a big blob of rotten flesh and not like the TES III towers. It is what it is. So when I get down to it, I will see if I can change the look with what furnishings we have available.

I think having more Valenwood or Black Marsh structure furnishings would make things easier, but that is just a dream.
    • xgoku1
      xgoku1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      fzahhxdi8qmw.jpeg

Wizard tower

I'm not sure a purchasable house that looks exactly like this exists. What you can do is buy an open property like Coldharbour Surreal Estate and make it from scratch.
    • wolfie1.0.
      wolfie1.0.
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      xgoku1 wrote: »
      fzahhxdi8qmw.jpeg

Wizard tower

I'm not sure a purchasable house that looks exactly like this exists. What you can do is buy an open property like Coldharbour Surreal Estate and make it from scratch.

If you can...
    • Vampiress30
      Vampiress30
      Soul Shriven
      This pic is actually a tower already in the game. It’s not I’m the store however.
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It may never be a player-buyable house. A lot of the truly wonderful properties around Tamriel haven't ever become player housing.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well, I don't think Magister Irins tower will ever be purchable in the crown store - not a 1:1 copy at least, at it is a unique building. They could offer something similar sometime in the future, though.
      wolfie1.0. wrote: »
      If you can...

Of course you can't make an exact copy of that tower, but I think, it it possible to create something more or less similar with Leyawiin structures. Curved walls definitively exist, and there was also some kind of small vanity tower you could use as decorative oriels.
      brylars wrote: »
      I have the Tel Galen. It is one of my planned projects to rework it to look more like the Telvanni towers of TES III. I know one of the first impressions of the tower is that it looked more like a big blob of rotten flesh and not like the TES III towers. It is what it is. So when I get down to it, I will see if I can change the look with what furnishings we have available. I think having more Valenwood or Black Marsh structure furnishings would make things easier, but that is just a dream.

I have it too. With the right lighting, the organic structure in interiors looks a lot like normal, natural roots, especially if there's also a lot of Telvanni root wood furniture in the room. And if the room is cluttered enough, you don't really pay attention much to it anyway :D The exterior on the other hand... But I don't think it's really possible to change that.

@Syldras | PC | EU
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Th new wizards house is .not what I expected. It looksblike a cave with tree roots. Not a tower. I know ESO can do better than this. Was looking forward to purchasing this but didn’t.

There's Shalidor's shrouded realm house, which has a tower, but it's not a permanent addition to the store so you'd have to wait till it returns:

hedbujy64h95.jpg
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post
    • Holycannoli
      Holycannoli
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      fzahhxdi8qmw.jpeg

Wizard tower

This would be an amazing house if those little wooden window outcroppings (whatever they're called) were visible from the inside too as windowed alcoves or something and not just decorations tacked on the outside.

I actually predict if this were made into a house it would quickly become one of the most popular.

Tel Galen looks like a Telvanni cancerous growth that grew way out of hand.
    • Syldras
      Syldras
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you look at this thread, there will be furnishing plans for structure pieces from Magister Irin's tower with the next update:
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/611132/new-furniture-pts-update-35
      @Syldras | PC | EU
    • Punches_Below_Belt
      Punches_Below_Belt
      ✭✭✭✭
      I’ve hated the Telvanni intestinal chic architecture since it was introduced with the Vvardenfell chapter. There is nothing about the pink and red gelatinous mess that says mushroom, wizard or elder scrolls to me. I bought this for the furniture and moved it into an Argonian home I decked out with the two huge mushrooms from the furnishing vendor. Finished the interior and embellished with some of the great looking mushrooms in the game.

Tel Galen is my joke/Sheogorath/jesters house. Lord knows we get enough junk from that event and I pretend some Telvanni experiment trying to cure their intestinal parasites went terribly wrong or willfully undermined by Sheo, creating a gigantic blob that has taken over the abandoned wizards tower.

It would make a great shrine to Peryite or Namira also.

That part of Vvvardefell doesn’t really exist in my ESO. I hate that quest with the conniving argonian and if Ember hadn’t needed my help rescuing a friend there, I would never have gone back after seven years.
    • vivisectvib16_ESO
      vivisectvib16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      fzahhxdi8qmw.jpeg

Wizard tower

That is not a Telvanni Wizard Tower though, which is what Tel Galen is. Which is why it's in Morrowind.
    • GoldenGirl
      GoldenGirl
      ✭✭✭
      I've wanted a mage tower since I started experimenting with the game's housing. I like most of Tel Galen - the weathered stone *behind* the diseased-looking growths, the portals to other areas, the furnishings - gorgeous! I would LOVE it (and immediately throw my money at the crown store to buy it) if they just got rid of the disgusting bits that look like they were ripped from a rotting flesh atronach and then slapped everywhere onto the base structure.
      Edited by GoldenGirl on July 17, 2022 1:48PM