Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Werewolf Abiilities question.

Dita
Dita
✭✭✭
Well, I'm new to the pack, so I have a question.
Is "Pounce" and "Roar" are the only abilities you can use, while transformed ?
The reason I'm asking, is because I play Nightblade and wanted to add "Swallow Soul" (healing and damaging ability for the NB), but on the skill tree, while in the werewolf form, this ability is still locked with the "+" symbol next to it, so I assume, if I unlock it again (while being a werewolf) - I can use it, while transformed ? Anybody know for sure, before I'll waist a skill point ?
Thank you in advance for your answers !
"Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • Jadakin
    Jadakin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Werewolf and it's useless. I'm sorry to tell you this. I'm rank 10 and I put 10 points into it to try it out. I will be respecing and curing myself for now.

Here's why. You get two abilities and that's it when in Werewolf form. You can do damage at close range. There's about a second delay pounce animation. The Roar is nice, but that's about it. Here' the problem. You have no ultimate and those are the only two abilities you get. Your armor bonuses don't apply. That means poison will melt you really fast.

When not in Werewolf form, you still have a weakness to poison and if you PVP - you will be vulnerable to those crossbow wielders. I know they have to put a point into it to make it work on Werewolves. PVPers will do it. Just take that as a given. On top of that the Foundry mod will tell another player that you're a Werewolf even if you're not transformed, so they know to use poison on you. Meanwhile, you'll probably not use the Werewolf form unless you're in a huge pack because the ultimate and all the abilities you have in your regular form work so much better.

I'm confident that this will eventually get resolved and they will do something more for the skill line, but in my opinion it is simply not finished. It certainly is the lesser of the two if you ask me between it and the vampire. Even when not accounting for the Mist+Bat combo everyone is 'raving' about. :)
    Edited by Jadakin on May 1, 2014 4:12PM
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    Well , one can only hope they fix & balance this class, because not everyone enjoy pale skin with red eyes and like to exploit and abuse there abilities.
    Thanks for the info!
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"