Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stadia with existing account? or start over on Series X?

Atreyix
Atreyix
✭✭✭
Hey all,

So as life happens.. I don't have a computer anymore. Debating on starting over on the series X.
However, I've played the PC client since beta/launch.. I have ALOT of time invested in the PC client. Only way I could technically play the PC client is through stadia via my phone or Chromecast ultra(I have a stadia controller).

Kinda stuck in deciding... I'd be stuck with a controller among the PC crowd and streaming quality/30fps if I'd go with stadia Or I could just start over on Xbox..

Note: I do have expansions up to blackwood on xbox, they were gifted to me.

Anyone wanna chime in with there opinion? Thanks
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 8, 2022 12:58AM
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started over on PSN, but pretty early on.

The most maddening thing would be research times and assets like houses.

But frankly my lady took up the game a couple of years ago and even with extremely casual play shes got nearly as much CP as me now and plenty of her own stuff. She could have probably caught me in 3 months had she set out to do so.

The necessaries would come quick, and it might even feel like a new adventure to you.
    Esse quam videri.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XBOX will be more expensive, as you have to pay for XBOX LIVE or Gamepass Ultimate to have access to the game, as long as you know what your getting into, and can live without add-ons, you'll be fine.

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a minimum of Azurah and Srendarr, without those two I don't think I can continue playing in the long term. I have Stadia and very seldom use it when I need to get on quick to complete a few tasks when I don't want to turn on the PC or am somewhere else in the house or at work (don't tell my boss!). I pop on razer kishi on my phone and do quick stuff, nothing group oriented, picking master locks are impossible with the delayed response time.

If you can you can get a cheap chromebook, you know those absolute barebone pieces of crap they keep trying to hock to stupid people over an actual laptop, and play Stadia on there. At the very least you'll still have keyboard and mouse if you don't want to use a controller, still no addons but at least you don't have to waste any installation space on those things, they barely have any memory space to start with anyway.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    stadia: no download required, unlimited internet is must have (20Mb+ as speed), 30fps fixed even with stadia pro, (no idea if it can be used with m/kb on chromecast), base game on stadia and linking account is enough to get all your progress, (just change bar swap button with sneak for example(right trigger press))

xbox: big download on every patch, xbox network has way more problems especially weekends at prime time (gamepass ultimate is basically free with reward points on console)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post