The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any QoL improvement for Mundus Stones?

Theros
Theros
✭✭✭
Does any one know if ZoS will make any QoL improvement for Mundus Stones?
Cuz it's kind of boring change Mundus every time we change role.

-We need one DD
I go. Just need change Mundus!
-Ops Healer logout. Can instead you go in Heaer?
Sure. Just need change Mundus!
-Sorry mate, Healer have arive. Can you change for DD again?
..... Sure, i just need change Mundus....
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 8, 2022 12:56AM
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't feel like just hitting agree at the bottom of the post communicating enough how much I agree...so here I am with a totally useless post saying I agree...and pretty please??? with Moon Sugar on top???
  • The_kruguers
    The_kruguers
    ✭✭
    I still can’t believe it doesn’t save the mundus so I kinda agree lol
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why of all the things the Armory saves, the Mundus Stone is what it DOESN'T. The thing can even remove and apply Vamp/WW no problem, which changes your character more fundamentally than your Mundus does.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Special_XYZ
    Special_XYZ
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why they won't just come out and say that it's because of the ability to purchase mundus stones for your home, and adding this feature would essentially amount to players having wasted crowns. It's not like it's some scandal.

They have a set in the game that allows you to have two mundus stones equipped, so stating that there are technical limitations around adding mundus boons to the armory just proves they think the player base is stupid.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Each armory slot can keep track of which curse you have or don't have, different champion points, skill morphs, gear loadouts but can't keep track of which specific mundus stone you have on each build is mind blowing. It's almost like they want to encourage us to buy mundus stones for our houses.
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭
    Each armory slot can keep track of which curse you have or don't have, different champion points, skill morphs, gear loadouts but can't keep track of which specific mundus stone you have on each build is mind blowing. It's almost like they want to encourage us to buy mundus stones for our houses.

I can understand that. But, the problem is the same...
    It's kind boring, go anywhere, just to change MUNDUS! and you dont have to go to your house. Mundus are FREE around all the game. It's faster if you have them in house ofc. But don't make any sence when people say 2it's because of money". In this case i disagree.

And since get MUNDUS bonus are free.... I just ask if ZoS have any plans to make a BIG QoL improvement in this.

[EDIT]
    OMG! I just find out where's the edit button <3
    Edited by Theros on March 29, 2022 6:28PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why they won't just come out and say that it's because of the ability to purchase mundus stones for your home, and adding this feature would essentially amount to players having wasted crowns. It's not like it's some scandal.

They have a set in the game that allows you to have two mundus stones equipped, so stating that there are technical limitations around adding mundus boons to the armory just proves they think the player base is stupid.
    It wouldn't be wasted Crowns because the Mundus Stones would still be readily available at your House if you need to change it from whatever is in your loadouts. For people who've only bought one or two extra slots, or are only using the two free ones, there's still a lot of limitation on potential Mundus Stones.

Besides, ZOS doesn't care about wasted Crowns. If they did they wouldn't keep releasing reskinned versions of the Banker and Merchant.
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the Armory System launched, they said that they would continue taking a look at it so see what else could be implemented. This was a response to a player asking if they had plans for adding the Mundus stones. They didn't confirm that they wanted to add the Mundus Stones though.

It would halt their Mundus Stones Crownstore sales, but I believe that not implementing it is halting their Armory Assistant sales. Probably the Armory Assistant is capable of making them more revenue than the Munduses anyway. But the guy is kinda useless since you have to visit the Mundus to change build anyway.

I hope they still have this issue on their scope, would be great to have Munduses included and I would buy the Assistant myself.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the highest level content, is it really necessary to change Mundus that often? (honestly curious)

But yeah, it's kind of crazy that Armory remembers everything else but that.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    joseayalac wrote: »
    When the Armory System launched, they said that they would continue taking a look at it so see what else could be implemented. This was a response to a player asking if they had plans for adding the Mundus stones. They didn't confirm that they wanted to add the Mundus Stones though.

It would halt their Mundus Stones Crownstore sales, but I believe that not implementing it is halting their Armory Assistant sales. Probably the Armory Assistant is capable of making them more revenue than the Munduses anyway. But the guy is kinda useless since you have to visit the Mundus to change build anyway.

I hope they still have this issue on their scope, would be great to have Munduses included and I would buy the Assistant myself.
    It wouldn't affect their sales of Mundus Stones that much. Even if the Armory could save them, you'd still be limited to the ones you have saved to your slots. If you need to completely change one for any given build, having the Mundus Stones in your House would still be the fastest way to change them.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭
    Outside of the highest level content, is it really necessary to change Mundus that often? (honestly curious)

Templar do it alot for exemple! Healer or DD but have to change Mundus.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to swap between the thief, and the lover, depending on if my sorc was solo or grouped, now adays I don't bother, I play mostly solo so I stick with the lover, but I can understand some people wanting a change for an easier way to change mundus
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    I use to swap between the thief, and the lover, depending on if my sorc was solo or grouped, now adays I don't bother, I play mostly solo so I stick with the lover, but I can understand some people wanting a change for an easier way to change mundus
    I pretty much just go with Lover on all my DPS these days myself.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no idea, personally a lot of the mundus work well for either healer or DD

crit chance, dmg, recovery for for healer or DPS

even the crit dmg mundus lists both crit dmg and crit healing so again works for both

the only one which would be more focused on healer is the straight +healing done, and the only one which works more for dmg is penetration

many of my toons rarely if ever change mundus stones, there are even a few that lost theirs a couple of times due to random bugs and i sometimes went weeks without realizing it lol (i think i even did a vMA on my mag warden before realizing he was missing a mundus lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    I really don't understand why of all the things the Armory saves, the Mundus Stone is what it DOESN'T. The thing can even remove and apply Vamp/WW no problem, which changes your character more fundamentally than your Mundus does.

Because cash. You can buy mundus stones (4k crowns for one so almost as much as for an assistant) for the house, so why would ZOS suddenly decrease "your willingness" to buy those mundus stones for the house?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Arunei wrote: »

Because cash. You can buy mundus stones (4k crowns for one so almost as much as for an assistant) for the house, so why would ZOS suddenly decrease "your willingness" to buy those mundus stones for the house?

It's the same as the AwA... ever wonder why some things were not made Account Wide? Oh, the shortcuts for those can be found in the crown store :joy: (Mount Training, research, motifs, skill lines, ...)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly certain Mundus stones were not added to the Armory because they didnt want to hurt mundus sales in the crown store. Seems an obvious middle ground would be to include mundus stones the user has purchased in the armory. It might even boost sales.

I have only ever had this be an issue in PVP, and only back in the day when we had long queues (you know, when pvp actually worked). It was a pain if you forgot to swap and needed mundus on the opposite side of the map.

That said, outside cyro, it takes like 30 seconds to change a mundus. If you dont have them in your home, someone in one of your guilds almost certainly does. If you arent in a guild, make some friends. I see this is a pretty minimal issue TBH.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not hold one’s breath hoping for mundus to be added to the armory due to previous exploits related to mundus stones. From what I hear Zenimax got burned with these exploits multiple times.
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I would not hold one’s breath hoping for mundus to be added to the armory due to previous exploits related to mundus stones. From what I hear Zenimax got burned with these exploits multiple times.

That can't be the real reason and i don't belive in "money" reason too.
    They can fix any exploit (if they know about) but they prefer leave the exploit but remove mundus from armory? Don't make sence.

If not Armory... Then a new NPC will all Mundus! ZoS like NPC.... so, i can leave with other one. Mundus NPC!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theros wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

That can't be the real reason and i don't belive in "money" reason too.
    They can fix any exploit (if they know about) but they prefer leave the exploit but remove mundus from armory? Don't make sence.

If not Armory... Then a new NPC will all Mundus! ZoS like NPC.... so, i can leave with other one. Mundus NPC!

Please suggest a better reason is what I suggested, which has a basis in the history of the game, cannot be the real reason.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a Lover, not a Fighter!
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    I am a Lover, not a Fighter!

Not sure why you necro'd this post, but the mundus is now saved with the armory so this post has run its course :)
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post