Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best place for watchling farm?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've been trying to do the behemoth spawn reset near the boss, but every single time there's just someone who comes in and kills it while im leading it away, this is even after saying it in zone chat and even whispered them to stop but they don't care. Kinda getting sick of this lead tbh.

Does anyone know any good out of zone places I can go to where im less likely to get disturbed?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 8, 2022 12:55AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i preferred farming near the entrance, one of the start sections has 4 mobs that have 2 watchlings each

its probably a bug, but if you kill the watchlings fast enough they keep respawning because the spawn animation never finished, i saw a templar doing this with jabs and plaguebreak just spamming jabs at 2 close spawned watchlings and could sit there jabbing them for 3-5 solid minutes (so your getting like 20 kills instead of 2, more lead chances)

that lead is really poor drop rate from enemies that already have a low chance to drop things

i think i had to kill upwards of 1000 watchlings to get that lead, was like 4-5 days of farming (a couple hours a day too)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you drag out the Baron Zaudrus fight in the Cauldron by damaging everything but him, he will keep spawning watchlings. This happens frequently. I can't say whether they drop the lead, because I already had that lead and was farming the big watcher lead by that time. The Cauldron is known for dropping the big watcher lead, which I eventually got on normal mode. To farm that lead I settled on a simple trick. I grouped with myself and only farmed the 2 watchers at the entrance.
    1. Group with a friend.
    2. Relog to a different char and get your friend to group with you. They may then leave the group. You are now grouped with youself.
    3. Farm entrance of Cauldron (before first boss) on normal mode.
    4. Leave Cauldron, reset by switching group to vet, then back to normal.
    5. Rinse and repeat from step 3.
    Edited by fred4 on July 7, 2022 4:41PM
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    If you drag out the Baron Zaudrus fight in the Cauldron by damaging everything but him, he will keep spawning watchlings. This happens frequently. I can't say whether they drop the lead, because I already had that lead and was farming the big watcher lead by that time. The Cauldron is known for dropping the big watcher lead, which I eventually got on normal mode. To farm that lead I settled on a simple trick. I grouped with myself and only farmed the 2 watchers at the entrance.
    1. Group with a friend.
    2. Relog to a different char and get your friend to group with you. They may then leave the group. You are now grouped with youself.
    3. Farm entrance of Cauldron (before first boss) on normal mode.
    4. Leave Cauldron, reset by switching group to vet, then back to normal.
    5. Rinse and repeat from step 3.

the watchlings in the cauldron are considered part of the boss spawn and do not drop loot at all

if i remember correctly too, the watchlings have to be from the atoll (dont think it matters if its the blackwood or deadlands version)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post