The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Duelling gear?

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all,

I've never tried duelling as I tend to be rather casual and play in BG or Cyro - small groups more than zerg.

I'd like to look more into 1vs1 and duelling and ideally I'd like to get the right gear. The characters I'd like to use are a Magplar, MagDK and StamDK. For the mag chars I'm thinking Ironblood and Rallying cry which I'm using in open world. I'm sure there's better out there though.

Please note that I'm not planning on using Oakensoul

Any suggestion appreciated!
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are planning on using ironblood, check out the new ring that gives damage reduction + major courage and berserk. The slows don't stack!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent setup for magplar I find is

wretched vitality backbar
    front bar Crusader. I think crusader's really nice, gives a decent up time on minor courage without needing to have magma and it procs off toppling charge
    1 piece sea serpent's coil. For a dueling setup you can honestly run no speed buffs and just toppling charge spam your enemy because they can't run far away from you in a duel and wretched vitality sustain buff will give you good magic to whittle away an enemy

You'll be getting minor courage, major courage and major berserk off this giving you a huge damage boost for dueling plus high sustain from wretched. Only think you may lack is tankiness so maybe 1 piece lord warden or anything giving you armor
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you: I like the idea of ‘serpent’s coil’ especially if I’ll use IB.
    I’m definitely looking into more duelling considering that BGs are plagued by Oakensoul builds or sorcs spamming savage werewolf