The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds are no more enjoyable

Ajaxandriel
Ajaxandriel
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not a theorycrafter, hardocre PvPer or else but I regularly did bg, and I did notice some problem since the High Isle patch.

Before, 1 or 2 bg out of 5 was unbalanced af. Sure this was frustrating but it let 4, 3 bg still enjoyable even when lost (or even 2 bg enjoyable in bad days).

Now, 5 bg out of 5 are garbage. Just sitting in the spawn base waiting for the faceroll group to win in 5 minutes. This is quite as bad as was levelling pvp on WoW 10 years ago, that means something.
TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is usually an MMR reset at a big update like this, so players of all skill levels get matched together atm.
    Throw in shrinking bg populations, and a not too healthy meta where it fairly easy to 1-2 shot people and this is what you get.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well I've enjoyed a few weeks being in God mode and now I'm back again in the usual MMR fighting with/against streamers and content creators: most of them really cool and fun to chat!!.

In game terms however it means struggling a lot to stay alive.....Needless to say this is not a very enjoyable experience as the skill level required is way too high for me. I moved down from a 10/1 to a 1/1 K/D ratio!!!
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 4, 2022 3:41PM
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Literally around 75% of the problems on the BG forums would go away if ZoS gave us back the Deathmatch only que option back lol
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that the other issue is that "high MMR" players hop onto their alts that are more competitive for the new patch. Since MMR is not account based, but character, you'll get very experienced players leveling up their alts against new/casual players at the start of every new patch.

And, well, op mythics are always very strong in BGs.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on July 7, 2022 4:51PM