The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Performance Drop off this last week or two!

Maythor
Maythor
✭✭✭✭
I am noticing this more in terms of longer load screens and the Atronochs and Domes not appearing in Dreadsail Reef, however, it seems to have bled through into just everyday play with things like previewing crown store items, mounting and summoning allies along with pets and changing hair taking a delay of a second or two. This also seems to occur with NPC's failing to appear until a delay occurs as I enter areas.

My system did not alter appreciably in the recent past, but if I had to pin it down it was the patch after High Isle .. I've tried reducing settings, removing addons, not running anything in the background and generally trying every setting in game eg the multi-thread option off and on .. though nothing seems to help.

I have an Intel i5 7600K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 970 .. which tended to work with the game before this week even on some rather highish settings.

Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 5, 2022 5:31PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can find troubleshooting in our FAQ below to help with infinite loading issues.

What do I do if I can login and select my character, but then get stuck on an infinite loading screen?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the information, and after a week of trying things I think I have pinpointed what my problem was.

I reinstalled my mouse and video card drivers as part of my healing process, and while doing so found this older post mentioning ... https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/406381/razer-mouse-slow-or-lagging-in-eso-troubleshooting-tips-here

1. NVIDIA driver updates will install/re-enable Audio hardware built into your GPU. Most folks do not use this and the additional Audio Devices can cause the stated issues for me in ESO. In Device Manager, disable the NVIDIA audio devices to resolve.

Now, I also uninstalled/reinstalled the program controlling the mouse too .. so it could have been a conflict caused by a glitch in that too! But considering the amount of people using the 12 button mouses (esp. from Razer), it might be something to look at should you be having similar problems too!

I have still to test this in trial situations since last night I could not find one to go on, but I am hoping this has fixed things for me as things seem much more stable in terms of playing again.

Edit: Also should anyone else be having problems in game I also reccommend checking for addons that "double up" on doing the same thing, and to just house-keep your libs. Although turning off and removing addons seemed to have no affect for my problems, having turned off all libs and then restoring ONLY the ones my current addons required I ended up finding 13 redundant ones! And now I can get in to play again I have noticed 4 or 5 weird little addon glitches I used to just ignore, have disappeared!

Edited by Maythor on June 28, 2022 3:55PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update and letting us know which drivers were causing the performance issues. Since the issue has been resolved by the OP, we are going to close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.