The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Consoles: Armory loadouts in Quickslots for Veteran Trials/Arena.

D14_Diabolos
D14_Diabolos
✭✭✭
This is a request from endgame player(s) on Console.

Since Quickslots were reworked in basic UI, can we please now get Armory loadouts to Quickslots and make them available in Veteran Trials/Arena content? I understand changing Boon(s), Curse or passive Champion Points (due cost) in Veteran Trials/Arenas might not be feasible(?), but at least let us change Gear, Skills and active Champion Point Perks outside combat just like PC players do with the Dressing Room addon.

Outside of Veteran Trials/Arenas you could limit changing of Boon(s), Curse and passive Champion Points to those with the Armorer ally, but give everyone access to the 'lite' version of Gear, Skills and active Champion Point Perks change.

This would help to level the playing field between Consoles and PC endgame.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic has already passed unfortunately.

You misunderstand ZOS’ intention behind the Armory system. It is not meant for quick swaps to improve player performance in content like we see through PC addons.

It is meant as a tool for the convenience of fully swapping builds and is monetized in a way that reflects that. Armory station only available in our home, $40 NPC to let us swap outside our home, extra slots are per character instead of per account, etc.

From a technical standpoint it would be very easy for ZOS to give us easy swaps in all content. They could even let us do it while actively in combat.
    From a “avoid bad PR and make money” standpoint, they would rather avoid giving hardcore players a new advantage and the whole argument of the game becoming P2W.

Hardcore players in PvE/PvP are not the target audience and so the players who would benefit from swapping in trials and such are a small minority too. If they cared about leveling the playing field between console and PC it never would have been this way. They would have done something like disable gear/ability swapping once the trial begins up until the group wipes while in leaderboard scored content.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 5, 2022 1:02PM
  • D14_Diabolos
    D14_Diabolos
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

You misunderstand ZOS’ intention behind the Armory system. It is not meant for quick swaps to improve player performance in content like we see through PC addons.

It is meant as a tool for the convenience of fully swapping builds and is monetized in a way that reflects that. Armory station only available in our home, $40 NPC to let us swap outside our home, extra slots are per character instead of per account, etc.

From a technical standpoint it would be very easy for ZOS to give us easy swaps in all content. They could even let us do it while actively in combat.
    From a “avoid bad PR and make money” standpoint, they would rather avoid giving hardcore players a new advantage and the whole argument of the game becoming P2W.

Hardcore players in PvE/PvP are not the target audience and so the players who would benefit from swapping in trials and such are a small minority too. If they cared about leveling the playing field between console and PC it never would have been this way. They would have done something like disable gear/ability swapping once the trial begins up until the group wipes while in leaderboard scored content.

While I understand your premise about unfairness of an purchasable ally & additional Armory slots and I agree, but this post was not about monetary aspect of the current feature. I was merely hoping an extension of Armory feature into Quickslots and Veteran Trials/Arena.

If you don't feel like you're the target audience of such feature, you don't need to use the said feature even if introduced.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

While I understand your premise about unfairness of an purchasable ally & additional Armory slots and I agree, but this post was not about monetary aspect of the current feature. I was merely hoping an extension of Armory feature into Quickslots and Veteran Trials/Arena.

If you don't feel like you're the target audience of such feature, you don't need to use the said feature even if introduced.

I’m on console and trust me I would love to have quick swaps too. Just fact is there are too many downsides for them to allow this feature with the only real benefit being for a tiny amount of people.