Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which house do you like more Pantherfang Chapel or Sweetwater Cascade?

TheGreatBlackBear
TheGreatBlackBear
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking at grabbing one of these on their rerun and was wondering what people think about them after having them for almost a year. Sound off with any opinions you might have.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 4, 2022 12:00PM

Which house do you like more Pantherfang Chapel or Sweetwater Cascade? 62 votes

Pantherfang 🐆
35%
chuck-18_ESOBlueRaveneverseeing_njpreub18_ESOw002expDarkmage1337AliyavanaanadandyrnklippelFakeFoxLady_Scorp72Nord_RaseriDebbycusspartaxoxoHappyTheCampernoblecronArchwynnSmokybrylarsSkaraMinocMonweel 22 votes
Sweetwater 💧
64%
calitrumanb14_ESODarcyMardinIruil_ESOhondelinkElsonsotiriusavaraoGarishVulsahdaalVoodooPlatypusDracan_FontommeekmikocarthalisMysanneTonyRockaronikind_herodavidbow1eAshrynAlexsaeAraneae6537EthanolMuffins 40 votes
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own and like them both. As each home has its own charm and uses, I couldn‘t say which one I preferred. Sweetwater feels more like a ‚regular‘ home, Pantherfang has a more „church militant“ layout and feel and is, of course, a fantastic home for placing and displaying the stained glass windows featuring the Divines.
    Sweetwater, on the other hand, is the only home with doors to two different regions, so both homes are very special IMO.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I own and like them both. As each home has its own charm and uses, I couldn‘t say which one I preferred. Sweetwater feels more like a ‚regular‘ home, Pantherfang has a more „church militant“ layout and feel and is, of course, a fantastic home for placing and displaying the stained glass windows featuring the Divines.
    Sweetwater, on the other hand, is the only home with doors to two different regions, so both homes are very special IMO.

Lord. That’s just makes your harder lol. But I totally get you. Both houses are wonderful in different ways. Was it difficult to decorate Pantherfang?
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetwater 💧
    I didn't have the crowns to get Sweetwater at the time, going to make sure I have enough before it shows up again (if it ever does.)

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord. That’s just makes your harder lol. But I totally get you. Both houses are wonderful in different ways. Was it difficult to decorate Pantherfang?
    Difficult, not so much. Expensive... definitely :).

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with Ye_Olde_Crowe. They both have their appeal and uses. It really depend on what type of house you want.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pantherfang 🐆
    Pantherfang is my current Primary. I have been having a great time with it. :blush:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • EthanolMuffins
    EthanolMuffins
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetwater 💧
    I own both and love them both but got to give the edge to Sweetwater because of the views. The Leyawiin style blends so well with other styles, especially High Isle style, so I can't wait for more High Isle furnishings to come out.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow Pantherfang Chapel is an impressive house.

Question is where would I set up my throne room? The fort has a door where I'd like to.

Depending on what house is released before it's return, this will definitely be my next one and may even replace my beloved colossal grotto and ship house. It's fit for a lord/king in a way Daggerfall Overlook isn't.

Was originally gonna go with Highhallow Hold but that's before I found about Pantherfang (I only returned to this game shortly before High Isle and have barely stepped foot in Blackwood). I love the aesthetic of Highhallow but Pantherfang is fit to hold a king's court while Highhallow is the king's country estate away from the capital.
    Edited by Holycannoli on July 5, 2022 5:48PM
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Pantherfang 🐆
    Pantherfang all the way. The moment i saw it months before release i knew I'd buy it, and once i could see it on the PTS i loved it, even empty. Bought it, set it up and i love it. (Feel free to have a look if you use Essential Housing addon, its an openhouse or send an in-game message @everseeing).

Sweetwater is nice but all i could "see" it as is a garden/wineyard or monestary of some sort. Too much water, no room for "areas" i like to build (cemetery, workshops, stables, etc.)

To each there own, but Pantherfang for me.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pantherfang 🐆
    Looking at grabbing one of these on their rerun and was wondering what people think about them after having them for almost a year. Sound off with any opinions you might have.

Pantherfang just because it doesn't have all the useless water. Why Zos keeps designing these oversized houses with excessive amounts of water in a game where you can't even properly swim is something I will never understand haha I also just really enjoy the idea of living in a chapel. I wish they would've even went more in on the theme instead of adding on a fort because I would've killed to have more rooms in the actual chapel. BUT I feel like you can do more with the interior of the fort than all the water in Sweetwater.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like both but have big issues with each.

Pantherfang is awesome with all the fort stuff, but unlike everyone else I do not care for a chapel. It is huge but I could put my siege there outside and it would look great, but inside it would be sparsely decorated as a result. We need weapons to hang on the wall and targets for practice and weapons racks to make it work, and we don’t have those available.

Sweetwater does have lovely views and I like all the water, but I saw a friend’s house with 700 slots and the whole back building was essentially empty. I am also not a huge fan of Leyawiin architectural style.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweetwater 💧
    Panterfang is cool, but I feel the furnishing limit and lack of rooms, which requires even more slots to fix was going to be a problem for me.

I like Sweetwater because the outdoor section is already very nice, and the house while roomy is already broken down into manageable sections and I felt it was easier to stretch out my slots. I am around 650 used and I feel pretty happy with where it is currently, though I am waiting for a few items to cycles around the luxury furnisher again, and am waiting for potential future items to fill out some spaces. I still want to do a few more bits of detail work in a few places, but it can be had to find the right items.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love both but bought Sweetwater as it fits one of my characters perfectly and couldn't afford Pantherfang at the time. Pantherfang would be great for another character but she already has a nice home so couldn't quite justify it but if it comes back around at the right time when finances are good, then definitely one that would be grabbed.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pantherfang 🐆
    It really, ultimately comes down to taste, because both are excellent houses. Sweetwater is gorgeous, with great views, but ultimately it's just another fancy manor. Pantherfang's big selling feature was the chapel, and the chapel is both completely unique among all existing houses and wonderfully beautiful. The accompanying castle/keep is huge, but the minimal yard space means you can devote most of your slots to actual furnishings.

The house also has fireflies that come out at night, which is a small thing, but it really adds to the charm of the place.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love the castle portion of Pantherfang Chapel, but I couldn't deal with the church/chapel part.

The layout inside the castle is also very strange. I don't know how to many multiple bedrooms on the top floor inside of it. I'd rather build my own castles so they have as many bedrooms as the furniture limit allows.

My one wish is that we get more modular castle/building pieces done in Leyawiin brick style.

Also going back to other past furniture sets like Alinor and giving us more building structure pieces. Alinor wall with doorway, Alinor wooden door, Alinor windows, etc.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetwater 💧
    I completely changed the layout and interior of my Pantherfang castle part. I added a dining hall, kitchen and fireplace under the balcony of the main hall. I added stairs up over the balcony and blocked the left half of the castle off. I also added an extra bedroom in the round tower accessible by the ladder on the top floor.

9apc5b66ucz6.jpg
    sz6ykvi1k6fj.jpg
    nq3wytz25g2c.jpg
    0m2ihua8ml0j.jpg
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • NovaDrakkon
    NovaDrakkon
    ✭✭
    Sweetwater 💧
    I like both for their own unique purposes - but I prefer Sweetwater for the view and particular water features it has compared to Pantherfang.

I have seen people create incredible things utilizing the zone-in spot and out on the ocean though. That space is a pretty incredible feature of the home if you are the type to enjoy building outside of the existing structure.
    PC-NA | Housing Enthusiast & Collector
    GM of Aether Realm (PC-NA Housing Guild)
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetwater 💧

Question is where would I set up my throne room? The fort has a door where I'd like to.

Depending on what house is released before it's return, this will definitely be my next one and may even replace my beloved colossal grotto and ship house. It's fit for a lord/king in a way Daggerfall Overlook isn't.

Was originally gonna go with Highhallow Hold but that's before I found about Pantherfang (I only returned to this game shortly before High Isle and have barely stepped foot in Blackwood). I love the aesthetic of Highhallow but Pantherfang is fit to hold a king's court while Highhallow is the king's country estate away from the capital.

I feel like the entrance to the castle would make a good throne room. I have seen lots of Pantherfang through EHT that infact have that as a set up. It is a nice big open area. The one thing to note about Pantherfang, is it is TOO big. You will find yourself not even able to decorate half of it even with the 700 item limit so you may end up closing large parts off or have to leave them decorated.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pantherfang 🐆
    RagnarSw wrote: »

The one thing to note about Pantherfang, is it is TOO big. You will find yourself not even able to decorate half of it even with the 700 item limit so you may end up closing large parts off or have to leave them decorated.

I hear this said a lot, and honestly it's really not true. Will you be able to fill every section with enormous amounts of clutter? No. But it's more than possible to decorate the whole place with 700 slots. It's also easy to throw up a few walls and section it off into more manageable rooms. I made three smaller rooms on the first floor (It literally only takes 1 wall, a column, and a door frame) , and walled off the entire second floor hallway to create a library and office space. I even had enough slots to throw the Alinor Greenhouse on top and fill it with plants, since the yard space is minimal.
    9vyyxz1g0kml.png
    nfbvtycgvp18.png
    gh1t7t0ovufr.jpg

Edited by chuck-18_ESO on July 28, 2022 1:43PM
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RagnarSw wrote: »
    I feel like the entrance to the castle would make a good throne room. I have seen lots of Pantherfang through EHT that infact have that as a set up. It is a nice big open area. The one thing to note about Pantherfang, is it is TOO big. You will find yourself not even able to decorate half of it even with the 700 item limit so you may end up closing large parts off or have to leave them decorated.

Yeah I already found where to put my throne. What I thought was a door in screenshots isn't a door so it works perfectly.

And I don't need to over-decorate. Tapestries, rugs, chairs and tables, lighting etc. are all I need. Don't have to do much with the chapel either. I can leave the majority of slots for the castle.

I just need it to be available for purchase again.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweetwater 💧
    Sweetwater has probably the most beautiful scenery. You are in Blackwood, because of the architecture, but you are also in Elsweyr. Plus all that water, the sunsets, it's gorgeous.

I tried to build towards Elsweyr, using rope bridges from Fargrave and Elsweyr structures, like one could cross in Elsweyr. It's pretty amazing how far you can get.

Sweetwater has amazing potential.

Pantherfang is great because of the cathedral. I would buy it for that. But since I already have Sweetwater and a lot of gold to sink in it until it's furnished, I'll pass. Pantherfang is way to big for 700 slots. The design is awesome, though.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter