The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Odd items dropping in event reward boxes

Epona222
Epona222
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Should we be getting these? They are character bound too, so can't even consolidate them onto one character or sell them

u246zasekxah.jpg

(EDITED to change thread title - I know what it is, but if I get this on a character that isn't going to be able to get through the mass of gankers around the vaults in IC, it's essentially useless as I can't move them to one character and deal with them all at once).
Edited by Epona222 on June 30, 2022 3:51PM
GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like getting things I'll prob never use too. Maybe I should make a post about it....
    Edited by Living_Tribunal on June 30, 2022 3:54PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like getting things I'll prob never use too. Maybe I should make a post about it....

My question is, why is it character bound? I want to be able to use it on one of my characters that is equipped for IC.
    Then I'll use it.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character bound items are not right and need to be changed
    All rewards if bound should account bound since they implemented AWA.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Character bound items are not right and need to be changed
    All rewards if bound should account bound since they implemented AWA.
    Agree, now character bound items are ok for leveling up rewards and major quest rewards like finishing the thief guild or clockwork city quest.
    For something who send you into IC on an crafting build :'(
    And this for someone who enjoy IC street fighting.

On the upside, some might be carrying +20 K telvar and attack this one. Happened during previous mayhem.
    Was on an NB doing the quests as an backup to PvP main to hand in if unable to play.
    Was fighting some mob and someone stupid attempted to gang me, this was an pure pve but an Khajiit NB in medium.
    Well he died and I got +10K telvar. Ported to Cyrodil very fast and back to bank it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, those are for IC? Well, I can delete them then.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At release, Bone Shard Trophy Vault was opened with a Carved-Bone Key crafted from 60 Bone Shard trophies. These no longer exist in-game and instead have been replaced by Key Fragments. This is unlike the outdated key shards for the other trophy vaults, which still exist in the game files despite having been similarly replaced by Key Fragments.
    Edited by redlink1979 on June 30, 2022 5:02PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Character bound? That's no good.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can fast travel to the IC Prison (or maybe it's White-Gold tower) dungeons...they have an entry to the trophy room that completely avoids PvP altogether.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those are what you get when you convert key fragments to get into the vaults in IC, key fragments used to different variety (like for that one used to use "bone shards" to convert into the key which was only good for 1 of the vaults)

that one in particular you would have to take to the bone shard vault in the IC, i think those are always character bound though but you usually spend them immediately instead of opening the door and then leaving

there is a lot of other things that are character bound in IC too (such as the recall stones to port back to the base, i have some toons i dont use in IC much anymore that have like a couple dozen of them)

they really should go back through and update the items from IC that are almost 7 years old now
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I combine these with 60-x key frags to open a vault in IC?? Or not even that?
    PC-EU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Can I combine these with 60-x key frags to open a vault in IC?? Or not even that?

these ARE the keys you get from combining the key frags together, so you would just have to take it to the right vault to use it (you can only enter the vault doors if you have a key, or enough key frags to make a key)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    You can fast travel to the IC Prison (or maybe it's White-Gold tower) dungeons...they have an entry to the trophy room that completely avoids PvP altogether.

Fast travel from where?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Fast travel from where?

Anywhere. The vaults are actually in the two dungeon instances. Which you can access just by teleporting to them.

Well anywhere except cyrodill and inside IC
    Edited by wolfie1.0. on June 30, 2022 6:04PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do those keys stay in your inventory after the event ends ?

If so, then it might be a good idea to wait till IC is empty again & go there with invisibility potions.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

Fast travel from where?

Anywhere. The vaults are actually in the two dungeon instances. Which you can access just by teleporting to them.

I don't think a Bone Shard key will work in those dungeons. The vault in White Gold Tower is the "Daedric Embers Trophy Vault" and the vault in Imperial City Prison is the "Daedric Shackle Trophy Vault". The "Bone Shard Trophy Vault" is in the Memorial District of Imperial City. Maybe some of the changes made in recent years to turn these things into generic "key fragments" means a Bone Shard Key will work anywhere. But it is possible that will only work in Memorial District.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you needed 60 shards to even open the door? Since the key combines only when using the door itself. Will the door even open if you just have the key and no shards? Someone needs to test this and find out lol

And I do believe it is only for the memorial district door, as it is the key for the bone chest inside. But if someone could test if it works on any door, that would be awesome too.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would take those keys if they weren't character bound. You can cash them in with 0 PvP interaction btw...
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each IC district has its own vault that takes its own specific key, same with the two IC dungeons. I just went in on my crafter, who is set up for maximum speed and absolutely no defense, took a random ladder out of the base, and full speed sneaked (snuck?) all through the city to hit the vaults. Went from district to district, queued for Cyrodiil to get out when I was done, and ported into the dungeons to do the vaults there. I had zero trouble.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

Fast travel from where?

I don't think a Bone Shard key will work in those dungeons. The vault in White Gold Tower is the "Daedric Embers Trophy Vault" and the vault in Imperial City Prison is the "Daedric Shackle Trophy Vault". The "Bone Shard Trophy Vault" is in the Memorial District of Imperial City. Maybe some of the changes made in recent years to turn these things into generic "key fragments" means a Bone Shard Key will work anywhere. But it is possible that will only work in Memorial District.

the original "bone shard" fragments were basically converted to the current key fragments

however the key itself still has to be used at the specific vault door

I thought you needed 60 shards to even open the door? Since the key combines only when using the door itself. Will the door even open if you just have the key and no shards? Someone needs to test this and find out lol

And I do believe it is only for the memorial district door, as it is the key for the bone chest inside. But if someone could test if it works on any door, that would be awesome too.

if for whatever reason you left the vault without opening the chest, you can still use the door as long as you have a key (every 60 fragments you have automatically get converted to keys when you enter a door)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These key are basically the "already combined" shards, one key opens the vault once.

It is very weird for them to do this going back to the original names however!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    These key are basically the "already combined" shards, one key opens the vault once.

It is very weird for them to do this going back to the original names however!

even when they removed the original fragments they never changed the name of the keys, since those were based on the vault after the fragments were combined

it was not very obvious that the actual item was added to the inventory and was usually consumed immediately upon opening the chest in the vault lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah...I apologize for the misinformation :( In IC's current state, speed and stealth are the way to go.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't been in an IC vault in years, since before this change.

Can you bank extra key fragments so they all don't get converted?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, in fact i frequently sell them on guild stores since on PC/NA at least they are going for almost 500g each lol

get like a dozen of them for being in IC for half an hour lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm well familiar with using a Daedric Embers key to accessthe White Gold Tower vault room but today I got a key for the IC Prison vault room (Daedric Shackle key). Got the loot with zero drama.

It seems the Carved Bone key will open the Bone Shard trophy vault in the Memorial District of the Imperial City.
    Ref: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Bone_Shard_Trophy_Vault
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yes, in fact i frequently sell them on guild stores since on PC/NA at least they are going for almost 500g each lol

get like a dozen of them for being in IC for half an hour lol

But is that confirmation that banking extra key fragments prevents them from being converted? Putting them in guild stores is different than banking.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Get invisibility potions.
    2. Choose a district and go up the ladder.
    3. Sneak over to vault.
    4. Open box.
    5. Que for Cyrodiil, then IC again so you don't have to walk back to base or between districts.
    6. Repeat for each district until you're out of keys.

Also, I don't know where this mass of gankers you speak of was. I had like 200 of these keys and spent a good amount of time using them all yesterday. Not once was I even detected and not once was there anyone guarding the vault. In fact, the population for IC overall was very low all things considered.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Holycannoli I put spare key fragments in my bank all the time. They don't convert when you go into a throne vault if they are in the bank. When I enter a throne vault, I bring 150 key fragments (which convert on entry) but the rest stay unconverted in my bank.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on July 1, 2022 7:18PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Kyras0814
    Kyras0814
    Soul Shriven
    These archaic keys are ridiculous. Who was in charge of putting crap in "reward" boxes? Anyway, gonna just delete these because they are like getting a coupon for a store you're never going into IRL, - useless and cumbersome to use. Just my opinion to add to some of you who are not impressed with this element of the event as well.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THESE SHOULD NOT BE CHARACTER BOUND
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn