The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial City PVP dungeon....

Valn
Valn
✭✭✭✭✭
So is this literally a dungeon under the city or will we actually go inside the city?
  • Chiefwilliams
    Chiefwilliams
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I assume, since some of the devs who worked on the great DAoC work on this game that it will be much like that games pvp dungeon darkness falls.

The faction with the most towers under control would be the ones to have access to it. Each faction entered from a different part of the dungeon which only a high character would survive getting to if solo due to mobs. And when another faction gained access they would flood in and try to kill off all the enemy players. Once you die you were removed from the dungeon. It had npcs with special armor weapons etc to buy and then you could proceed to pve in the depths of it where there was increased bonus exp as well.

What I liked doing was hiding out in there when another faction took control and wait for the dust to settle and the enemy think they killed everyone. I was a stealther btw. And then I would roam around and gank people till the point that word got out so much that I was around that people would form groups to find and kill me. Made for really fun rivalries too because you would begin to recognize the repeat offenders etc

I'm sure there will be a few variations of how they implement it tho.

Also, fighting for the right to gain access to it was a huge incentive to pvp and root for your faction, even as a low lvl I kept tabs on who had access because I wanted to lvl in there, the exp was insane. Made for great faction pride
    Options
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like that above person said it will most likely be like Darkness Falls from Darkage of Camelot which was awesome and probably the best mixed PVP and PVE experience I have ever had in a game. It brought a whole new purpose and goal to the battle field.

I am sure the city will be its own instance but will also probably have a dungeon attached.

Darkness Falls was a PVE and a PVE prize. When you gained control you got to clear the enemy out. Then it was all about the PVE there but you still had to watch your back for the sneaky enemies that still remained. It has its own loot and currency. the deeper you went the harder it got and eventually ahd raid style bosses and encounters. When you side had control of it, it was a treat. So your plans for the night might have changed if your side got control of it.
    Options