The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I think I’m using the wrong potion 🤔

OmenRIP
OmenRIP
✭✭✭
Hi

StamSorc PVE only: For Main bar I’m using a Medusa 2H maul sharpened with poison glyph. Back bar is infused Malestrom Bow. I’m wearing 5 Medusa and 5 Hexos with RotPO. I buff with Crit surge and Hurricane on backbar and Bound Armanents on the front bar. I’m using the 3 buff Weapon Damage potions for boss fights. Lover Mundus.

I don’t see any noticeable DPS when I drink the potion. It does help me with sustain, but that’s it. I think I’m either using the wrong attributes on the maul, the pre-fight buffs, or the potion. My guess is the potion.

Any help is appreciated.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you account for the named buffs not stacking, say Major Brutality from the Crit Surge and the same from the potion?
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    No. But I suspected that this might be my problem. I didn’t realize they didn’t stack. Maybe I should use the 3 buff Weapon Crit for its immediate restoration of health and stamina, plus upping the regen. Or crown food that boosts all but no regen, then weapon Crit potion for fights. My food is Dubious Cameran Throne.

I guess for me the only way to get more damage is to use the thief or the shadow mundus. With lover my pen is about 12k. With thief or mundus my pen is about 8K. I thought the higher pen would be better.

I solo most of the time except with a random dungeon where I get 10 crystals. As you can see I’m confused. I usually play a MagSorc, so i’m trying to get my StamSorc right (armory build).
    Edited by OmenRIP on June 26, 2022 9:24PM
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    Crit surge already gives you the 20% that a weapon power pot would give you.
    You may want to try weapon crit pots instead.
    If I remember correctly the combo would be dragonthorn + mountain flower and water hyacinth.
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    @OneWingedAnge7 Thank you. I’ll try the weapon crit pots.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you are relying on pots for major brutality / sorcery then make sure your jewel enchants match the pot

so for weapon power pots you need weapon damage enchants on your jewels
    if you're using crit surge then it's not an issue
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    @Tannus15 Thanks. At least I got the weapon damage enchants right 😁
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I aint sure if this is still correct, but should be more or less. Group dungeon monsters have 18.2k armour, regular monsters overland have 9k. 8k pen sound better to me if you mostly solo, do overland stuff.
    for group dungeons tank usually give you around 5-8k more pen or so minimum. so that almost make you reach the roof already if you have 8k pen.
    I would go nirnhoned or precise for pve, buffs heal aswell. Maybe you can apply a major breach with some skill in solo.

For monsters every 500=1% mitigation
    For players every 660= 1%mitigation

Found THE thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-updated-21-03-2021/p1
    check it out if you want to know more about resistances and mitigation.
    Edited by Yakidafi on June 28, 2022 11:50AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OmenRIP wrote: »
    No. But I suspected that this might be my problem. I didn’t realize they didn’t stack. Maybe I should use the 3 buff Weapon Crit for its immediate restoration of health and stamina, plus upping the regen. Or crown food that boosts all but no regen, then weapon Crit potion for fights. My food is Dubious Cameran Throne.

I guess for me the only way to get more damage is to use the thief or the shadow mundus. With lover my pen is about 12k. With thief or mundus my pen is about 8K. I thought the higher pen would be better.

I solo most of the time except with a random dungeon where I get 10 crystals. As you can see I’m confused. I usually play a MagSorc, so i’m trying to get my StamSorc right (armory build).

So named buffs don't stack.

If something gives your Major Brutality for 20% weapon damage increase, it doesn't double up with anything else that gives you Major brutality. This goes for every buff that says Major or Minor before it.

But, you can stack one instance of Major with Minor. So for brutality, you could get a 30% increase to weapon damage if you used a Major and Minor buff.

You can then stack other bonuses on top, such as other Major and Minor buffs with different names, such as Courage.

Also, buffs from sets that give that aren't named. Like Powerful Assault gives you weapon damage that isn't a named buff, so will stack with Major and Minor Brutality, and Major and Minor Courage. And any other sets that give a unique amount of weapon damage.
    Edited by Brrrofski on June 28, 2022 11:24AM
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    @Brrrofski Thank you for your detailed post. Since I mainly play solo, AFAIK I can’t get Major or Minor Courage. I’m going to look around using your guidelines to get my StamSorc build as powerful as it can be.
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    @Yakidafi Thanks for the pen info! I’m using sharpened on my maul to get more pen. Same for using the Shadow Mundus. I can get 12K pen this way. But by using the Thief Mundus I can bump up my Crit Chance by 10%. I already get Major Savagery, Major Prophesy, and Minor Force in my build.

So, for solo, is it better to crit more even though you can’t penetrate as much. Or, more armor penetration with less damage?
    Edited by OmenRIP on June 30, 2022 11:03AM
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmenRIP wrote: »
    So, for solo, is it better to crit more even though you can’t penetrate as much. Or, more armor penetration with less damage?
    That depends on where you start and between what options you decide.

As to the Mundus decision, my personnel preference is to have two weapons, one sharpened, one precise. That way I can keep the Thief always on and do not have to change it, when I switch between Group content and SOLO content.

If there is a source of major breach, 12K will almost completly debuff the Bosses armor. That is good. But you are already overpenning by 3K on regular enemies (mobs). I would rather go for around 9k penetration and then look for sources of Major and Minor Breach in Boss fights.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    @Zodiarkslayer Hi! Sorry I haven’t written yet 😞. I’ve been working on some financial stuff that can’t wait.

Btw, I thought you were
    banned from the forums

Thank you for the advice, as always. I have 900 crystals now, so I’ll reconstruct another maul with precise trait.