The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Concerns About The Integrity Of Leaderboards

Decimus
Decimus
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I'm writing this thread as there are a few things that the game could do better in ranked ToT:
  1. Opponent's userID should not be visible in ranked. This enables people to buy wins to rank up in the leaderboard as they can just whisper the opponent and offer gold. Needless to say, a lot of toxicity is also a result of visible userIDs.
  2. This can be harder to identify and deal with, but there isn't much currently preventing people from "queue sniping" their friends and losing on purpose to help them rank up.

This, on top of the recent wave of bans for exploiting:
We recently discovered an exploit involving Tales of Tribute where performing certain actions would guarantee a win by forcing your opponent to forfeit. We are working on a hotfix for this as quickly as possible, which we are currently planning to publish on Monday. In the meantime, we have banned several game accounts that were found to have clearly abused this exploit in extreme excess; we have not banned any accounts that may have unintentionally encountered this bug.

Please note we will be keeping a close eye on game logs, and any players found to be abusing this exploit until the hotfix is published is at risk to be banned permanently.

I hope there's a mechanic to take said people off the leaderboard as well after they've been found guilty of exploiting.

Addressing these issues would go a long way to make climbing the leaderboard a more fair and fun experience for everyone.
PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think player names should be anonymous or there must be an option for people who likes to appear anonymous.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why they use account names rather than character names if each character has to rank up before playing.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I still don't understand why they use account names rather than character names if each character has to rank up before playing.

Because character names are meaningless across an account.

Like, if I am playing with Player 1 and then change characters, I still want to know that I am playing with Player 1.

What I don't want to have to do is remember what Player 1 named all 18 of their characters to remember who they are when I see them.

I think this might just be a PC vs console thing though. Console players pretty much live by their gamertag. It's who I am in every game I play in online through the Xbox, and it has been that way for a decade.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tribute decks are acct wide, unless im mistaken so is the tribute rank (both the normal rank and the leaderboard rank are tracked on the account level)

the only thing you should need to do with each character is the tutorial (which is why so many have requested the tutorial be skippable)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tribute decks are acct wide, unless im mistaken so is the tribute rank (both the normal rank and the leaderboard rank are tracked on the account level)

the only thing you should need to do with each character is the tutorial (which is why so many have requested the tutorial be skippable)

Thanks, cool, I haven't tried it on another character yet and the only info I had is what I've read here.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Rouz
    Rouz
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you just can't take it seriously. The leaderboards don't matter. It's not a heavily skill based game. I was talking to someone in the top 15 who said people whispering you and paying you to forfeit is apparently common. I've also fought some of these people who are in the top 2% in unranked and there's a lot of suspicious players. Every time I've fought one of them in unranked, the amount of good cards dropped the first 5 minutes into the game was insane. Like I remember Fighting someone I think who was like #6 or #7. Within the first 5 turns we had both currency exchanges drop, an armory, a rally, 2 luxury exports, and a siege volley. And they always dropped right when my opponent could afford them. The game is like 75% RNG for sure, but yeah there's a lot of suspicious things happening I think. Either way season 1 is meaningless and any accomplishments should be taken with a grain of salt. I think the devs are kind of new to making a competitive TCG and it shows. They're going to take a few rounds to iron out the kinks. Balance, poor tavern/"neutral card" design, integrity of leaderboards, exploits like the patch, etc etc.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The integrity of the leaderboards are probably hurt much more by the nature of powerful cards being able to be purchased on turn 1 with zero interraction.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel