The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Intermediate NPCs?

vivisectvib16_ESO
vivisectvib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So I got past the first tourney, and Pippin tells me I can challenge Intermediate Tribute players now.. but I can't find any. Still just see Novice, Proficient and Expert (Exceptional?). Is Intermediate a thing or do I just have to keep challenging Novice NPCs until I can challenge the Proficient ones?
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I got past the first tourney, and Pippin tells me I can challenge Intermediate Tribute players now.. but I can't find any. Still just see Novice, Proficient and Expert (Exceptional?). Is Intermediate a thing or do I just have to keep challenging Novice NPCs until I can challenge the Proficient ones?

Need to be level 4 to challenge them.
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    So I got past the first tourney, and Pippin tells me I can challenge Intermediate Tribute players now.

The NPC's dialogue is misleading - not only are there no intermediate players (the next level, after Novice, is called Proficient), you need rank 4 to challenge them.

Perhaps they intended for the next level opponents to be eligible for a challenge at rank 3 and they just forgot about it - they forgot a lot of things in ToT, after all.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Need to be level 4 to challenge them.

Ahh gotcha, thanks! Still only level 3 here. ;)
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vivisectvib16_ESO , you'll also notice you just got the achievement, "Novice no more", but....at level 3, what is your rank? You guessed it! Novice. Not confusing in the slightest.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the sequence is Novice -> Prolificent -> Expert (when you obtain levels 1 -> 4 -> 6)
    Patch 8.0.6 fixed the bug when no Expert NPC was offered in Eastmarch, but quest markers have not been fixed and Novice NPCs are always marked with the quest marker (which is misleading when you do play against NPCs daily). I'd recommend to turn Nameplates on in the game settings to select NPC opponent of the proper level (after you hit levels 4 and 6).
    PC EU
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭

This has been my biggest complaint - the game needs some harder NPCs at Level 3, because it's just grinding out wins with no challenge to Level 4