The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Returning player looking for dps build with least weaving

Road2insanity777
Road2insanity777
✭✭✭
Quit this game long ago when they started balancing around weaving. Got some friends Pressuring me to play with them. Plan to mostly tank and heal but would like at least 1 reasonable dps toon to have in a pinch.

Not really interested in debating weaving, or advice how to do it better. Just want to know what the most viable build is for a non-weaver.

Last time I come back I lost interest in a day because I was tired of not having the dps for vet dlc dungeons or vet trials anymore. I have max level of all 4 original classes, but leveling one of the new ones isn't completely out of the question.

Debates over the validity of weaving or how easy it is will be ignored. This is a simple question, but I know it will inevitably turn into yet another endless weaving debate.

EDIT: Medium attack weaving builds are fine if those are still a thing. Just physically can't do the LA weaving thing even semi-reliably
Edited by Road2insanity777 on June 29, 2022 6:01PM
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well without weaving you will loose a huge chunk of the dps and honestly I don't know whether there is something called a viable non-weaving built for vet dlc dungeons. The only thing which comes to minds is to maybe use oakensoul on a class and spam some abilities (if you don't have high isle you're out of luck then), but you will always be sub-par not just because of the damage but also because a light attack generated around 3 ultimate which can be bursty over time.

Nightblades are a no-go for you then as the most important thing about that class is weaving.

The only thing I can really see is oakensoul, maelstrom 2h and stampede rushing stuff but best you could do is non-dlc vets without being utterly carried and hope to not get kicked in vet trials.

If you are young enough and don't have a disability and are just lazy and refuse to weave that's your problem for drowning the dps of the group. Now if you have a physical reason why not to, you can use this https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2918-PerfectWeave.html where you can indepdently spam the light attack button and skills and this will do the timings for you.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really interested in debating weaving, or advice how to do it better. Just want to know what the most viable build is for a non-weaver.

Make a permablock tank so you sometimes bash but ultimately don't need to ever weave.
    I assume Heavy attack Sorc Pet builds are possible, but ultimately just forget trying to be a DPS and be a tank if you dont want to weave.

It's a bit like trying to play chess without moving your bishops... can be done, but you're sure gonna suffer for it.
  • Road2insanity777
    Road2insanity777
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I know it's a big ask. And yes it is at least partially a disability thing. I have not seen that add on, must be pretty new? Every few years I try to come back and run into the same problem, and it's the first time I've heard of that. Excited to see if it helps once the game is finished downloading.
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I know it's a big ask. And yes it is at least partially a disability thing. I have not seen that add on, must be pretty new? Every few years I try to come back and run into the same problem, and it's the first time I've heard of that. Excited to see if it helps once the game is finished downloading.

Well it came out a year ago. Personally I never use it because I weave like an idiot on steroids so this actually does slow me down but I have heard that it does wonders for people who can't weave or are playing on a controller.
    Edited by Zastrix on June 29, 2022 6:16PM
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are a couple builds I tried in the past,

Nightblade a handful of heavy attacks( 1/10)
    Dg1icL6_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Necro w/o light attacks
    1wvc7ledaeg0.png

As long as you wear sets and skills that don’t rely on light attacks, like no Kjalnar, relequen, or kinras, sorcerer crystal weapon/bound armaments, it all becomes based on speed of hitting the skills in a rotation

I think oakensoul is a massive buff to someone who doesn’t do bar swapping & light attacks, you can gain constant ultimate regen along with everything else
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on June 29, 2022 9:02PM
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭

Dg1icL6_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Necro w/o light attacks
    1wvc7ledaeg0.png

As long as you wear something that doesn’t rely on light attacks, like no Kjalnar, relequen, or kinras, it all becomes based on speed of hitting the skills in a rotation

I think oakensoul is a massive buff to someone who doesn’t do bar swapping & light attacks, you can gain constant ultimate regen along with everything else

Whilst you did post the build info you haven't shown the DPS so all I can say is that most certainty is some kind of gear and some kind of champion points slotted and nothing much else sadly... You should post both pages like this:

mjgw99b31p0v.png
    zhhewaucan3m.png

Edited by Zastrix on June 29, 2022 9:04PM
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zastrix wrote: »

Necro w/o light attacks
    1wvc7ledaeg0.png

As long as you wear something that doesn’t rely on light attacks, like no Kjalnar, relequen, or kinras, it all becomes based on speed of hitting the skills in a rotation

Whilst you did post the build info you haven't shown the DPS so all I can say is that most certainty is some kind of gear and some kind of champion points slotted and nothing much else sadly

Necro
    mk6a7em5743t.png

Nightblade
    Zl71IgS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Erebear
    Erebear
    I am not completely sure if heavy attack builds are still viable in PVE, but it sounds like that would be your best bet. You might also try some version of a heavy attack build and run with friends or chill group to see where your DPS falls in the equation. Examples I have played are the heavy attack mag pet sorc as well as the heavy attack stam DK. Do keep in mind, this was many years ago and the skill morphs may have evolved since then. Best of luck to ya and hopefully you can find a build that works for you!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how well heavy attack Sorc would perform this patch, it plays almost like a Nightblade now with Bound Armaments. Crystal Weapon also relies on faster paced light attacks to reach its full potential. Maybe heavy attack dragonknight is better with Molten Armaments and a source of empower. In general I wouldn't be too optimistic about heavy attack builds, they have been nerfed repeatedly over the years.

I'm curious about the difficulty with light attack weaves, but medium are fine? IMO medium weaves are more difficult to time because you have to press and release at the correct time. Are you trying to spam click for the light attacks? You only need one click per second, before each skill.

If it helps, I've seen people do some creative things to successfully light attack weave, such as mapping it to a keyboard button instead of the mouse (spacebar, F or wherever you prefer). I've also heard of people using a USB foot pedal and just tapping that to the weave rhythm, again just right before each skill.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on June 29, 2022 11:10PM
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDk or Stam Dk with Deadly Strikes and Thaumaturge. Focused more on DoT’s.

Necromancer is also a good choice for DoT’s.

In fact most classes can do it now that all skills scale with highest stats. I run Caltrops on my Mag Warden and it does respectable damage over time.

Fill your kit with DoT’s. Best alternative if you don’t want to weave. But like others have said Light Attacks provide a huge boost to your DPS. It’s almost a third of your DPS. But you can still pull around 40-50k on a full specced DoT build which should be sufficient for Vet DLC content provided you’re not going for high scores.

Also, Nirnhoned is arguably better for your DoT’s but I haven’t really tested it extensively. You’ll also need a good set with good amount of Crit to help it out. Shadow Mundus.

Interestingly, Lightning Staff boosts AoE skills, and although Fire staff trumps it for raw DPS, filling your kit with AoE DoT’s might cause Lightning staff to be better. Also, Lightning heavy attack is a DoT too.