Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Hard Work is Rewarded During the New Zeal of Zenithar In-game Event"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
zw5f7rih90b3.jpg

Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Hard Work is Rewarded During the New Zeal of Zenithar In-game Event"

"Zenithar, the Divine of labor and commerce, is here to reward Tamriel’s many crafters, traders, and workers, with a new in-game event."

TLDR: Event timing is June 30 at 10am EDT and continues until July 12 at 10am EDT.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on July 12, 2022 2:08PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vendor prices across Tamriel are reduced by 10%

These include:
    Vendors that sell items for gold, AP, or Tel Var stones, including the Golden Vendor
    Houses purchasable for gold

Just bought Proudspire Manor last week.
    [snip]
    [edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 24, 2022 1:28PM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    39 tickets doesn't seem like enough to get the current mount and Indrik that you may have missed in the past. Will there be any option to get event tickets with crowns/gems/seals to supplement?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems a bit odd that an event around a deity that forbids theft might reward extra stuff from pick-pocketing, thieves troves or looting safeboxes.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Zenithar

Unless....

Are there going to be higher penalties for getting caught at any of these latter activities during the event?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually this seems pretty mixed up...
    ...His priests teach that the path to peace and prosperity is through earnest work and honest profit, not through war, bloodshed, or theft

Stuff like trading, craft dailies and other annoying grindy stuff should be rewarded not pounding world bosses or arenas.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on June 23, 2022 3:46PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a bit odd that an event around a deity that forbids theft might reward extra stuff from pick-pocketing, thieves troves or looting safeboxes.

Unless....

Are there going to be higher penalties for getting caught at any of these latter activities during the event?

It's fine when you look at it this way. The person you're stealing it from did work extremely hard to get it. You're just relieving them of the burden of having to carry it around all day. They already worked so hard. They deserve to walk around a bit lighter.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A month or two ago, when this event was first announced, I suggested that this would be a retrospective event sending us back to Blackwood and the Deadlands. It's not news for anyone who was watching the PTS, but I am simply delighted that we have an event centered around crafting and commerce. I know I'll have a character parked at the festival grounds in Belkarth for the entire event.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unless....

It's fine when you look at it this way. The person you're stealing it from did work extremely hard to get it. You're just relieving them of the burden of having to carry it around all day. They already worked so hard. They deserve to walk around a bit lighter.

Maybe.

But they should double the penalties for getting caught for providing such 'assistance' - and increase npc awareness since they're working extra hard, too.

Unless it's my character providing the assistance, naturally.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear that the event is near... my inventory space is dying... And I guess I am not the only one that kept hoarding & accumulating all those Master Crafting Writs...
  • Monops
    Monops
    ✭✭
    The final round's reward chest contains a guaranteed parcel
    @ZOS_Kevin Are the parcels from the other rounds of a group Arena (or other activities, for that matter) not guaranteed? I understand there's only a small chance to acquire one from stealing, but I'm wondering about the Master Writs, World Bosses, etc.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    39 tickets doesn't seem like enough to get the current mount and Indrik that you may have missed in the past. Will there be any option to get event tickets with crowns/gems/seals to supplement?

Since they've monetised events and rewards there are always tickets in a crown store for them.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All, just wanted to note that we are seeing your questions. Working to get these answered.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard Work Is Happy Work!
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll never earn enough for everything in game if you want it now, but don't forget that the new vendor will be here during every event from now on. As always with event tickets, you have to prioritize what you want most. But there are almost always excess tickets over the course of each quarter and if you ever aren't able to grab them in time they will cycle back eventually.

I believe it was also stated that once again the current year offerings will all return at New Life. That's another thing to consider as you plan how to spend your tickets.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monops wrote: »
    The final round's reward chest contains a guaranteed parcel
    @ZOS_Kevin Are the parcels from the other rounds of a group Arena (or other activities, for that matter) not guaranteed? I understand there's only a small chance to acquire one from stealing, but I'm wondering about the Master Writs, World Bosses, etc.

Wondering about this as well. During Witches Festival you get a box for every round of the arena which makes nDSA a lot less tedious. But if it’s only a chance at a parcel… I think I’ll pass.
  • Seraphaile
    Seraphaile
    ✭✭
    There is nothing in the event announcement about the Indrik merchant carrying feathers to make Nascent Indriks to convert, I assume the merchant will have them but confirmation would be nice

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So no 2x experience for this event?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphaile wrote: »
    There is nothing in the event announcement about the Indrik merchant carrying feathers to make Nascent Indriks to convert, I assume the merchant will have them but confirmation would be nice

Also concerned about this. Consering the Nascent Indrik is required to even use any of the berries. Literally all I need is the feathers for the two Indriks I still need, and the article did NOT mention the feathers. So if the feathers aren't available and the berries can't be used, this is a HUGE screw-up on ZOS's part in my opinion.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The feathers were there on the test server. I expect it simply wasn't mentioned because they are always there rather than seasonal.

The PTS patch notes gave a bit better explanation on the vendor so I'm copying them here:

New Indrik Vendor: Nenulaure
    We're not done yet! In the event you never had a chance to finish any of your Indriks, or if the normal morphing collectible items don't suit your fancy, or if you're new and have a surplus of tickets, there is a new Indrik Vendor, Nenulaure, at the Belkarth festival grounds starting with this event. Here's how she works:

Any time the Impresario shows up in ESO, not just during Zeal of Zenithar, the Indrik Vendor will appear in Belkarth. She will offer a selection of past Indriks from previous years based on the season, with a cycling inventory as seasons change (lining up with event starts/ends when the seasonal change would happen in the middle of an event).

She will always offer the Nascent Indrik feathers, which are now 5 Event Tickets each.

She will have all four berries for each of the two seasonal Indriks on offer for that season, plus the two baby Indrik pets that match them, for 10 Event Tickets each.

The Indriks will cycle by season and return in the following year if you missed them. The seasonal rotation (subject to change) is as follows:
    Spring (start of year): Dawnwood and Spectral Indrik berries, plus Springtide and Haunting Indrik pets
    Summer (middle of year): Luminous and Icebreath Indrik berries, plus Shimmering and Rimedusk pets
    Autumn (after Zeal and before Witches Festival): Onyx and Mossheart Indriks, plus Ebon-Glow and Sapling pets
    Winter (Witches Festival to end of year): Pure Snow and Crimson Indriks, plus Frost-Light and Rosethorn pets

All Indriks won't come back for New Life Festival like we do with the year's Morphing Collectibles or previous years' entire Indrik catalogue.
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    I am working on an infographic, and the preliminary information seems to be contrary to the release article. Maybe you could confirm what I have gathered?

Zenithar's Sublime Parcel
    Always when doing intro, master writ, 1st daily writ/acco, arena completion as they are considered as dailys.

Zenithar's Delightful Parcel.
    Maybe when doing world boss/event with guildie in the group, after each round in an arena or stealing stuff.

Am I correct?

In other words, we are not going to see the same kind of rewards system as usually seen in the other events where the first reward in the day is surely being and having a worthy reward, and repeating the activity that leads to those reward containers would reward less worthy containers.
    Edited by Ek1 on June 26, 2022 12:41PM
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ek1 wrote: »
    I am working on an infographic, and the preliminary information seems to be contrary to the release article. Maybe you could confirm what I have gathered?

Zenithar's Sublime Parcel
    Always when doing intro, master writ, 1st daily writ/acco, arena completion as they are considered as dailys.

Zenithar's Delightful Parcel.
    Maybe when doing world boss/event with guildie in the group, after each round in an arena or stealing stuff.

Am I correct?

In other words, we are not going to see the same kind of rewards system as usually seen in the other events where the first reward in the day is surely being and having a worthy reward, and repeating the activity that leads to those reward containers would reward less worthy containers.

dont think so.
    my guess is, its not any daily, but only the event daily which gives a "golden" box.
    everything else like master writs, world bosses, 1st crafting writ, maybe stealing, maybe arena stages... will give a "purple" box.
    During the event, each time you complete the daily quest, you’ll receive one of Zenithar’s Sublime Parcel boxes. In addition, you can net Zenithar’s Delightful Parcel boxes by participating in the following activities:
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    I like the return of Indriks and will be looking forward to adding some to my mount collection.

There are so many mounts and pets now it would be really nice to have a "house" which allowed you to place all your mounts and pets.

The current housing limit for mounts is very low and would not need to change for other properties as this new location would be special.

With some fields and a hill maybe for you to choose mounts pathways and maybe more like a Farm than a House.

Anyway, just a thought
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the master writs should be giving 2x XP during the event.

That would seem like an appropriate reward for working so hard on getting to that crafting level and consuming those extra materials.

It would be understandable that the event wouldn't be 2XP for everything (since it is for Zenithar) But, 2XP for the master writs is very appropriate.
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    my guess is, its not any daily, but only the event daily which gives a "golden" box.
    everything else like master writs, world bosses, 1st crafting writ, maybe stealing, maybe arena stages... will give a "purple" box.
    During the event, each time you complete the daily quest, you’ll receive one of Zenithar’s Sublime Parcel boxes. In addition, you can net Zenithar’s Delightful Parcel boxes by participating in the following activities:
    That is what I was wondering too. So it would follow the 'one gold box per day, purple ones for grinding' theme that has been the generic way to go. Would be nice to get confirmation before pressing post.
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    TTMighty wrote: »

That would seem like an appropriate reward for working so hard on getting to that crafting level and consuming those extra materials.

It would be understandable that the event wouldn't be 2XP for everything (since it is for Zenithar) But, 2XP for the master writs is very appropriate.
    There is Zenithar themed double bonus.
    Crafting inspiration gain from all sources is increased by 100%

Ek1@EU@PC.
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    Ek1 wrote: »

There is Zenithar themed double bonus.
    Crafting inspiration gain from all sources is increased by 100%

Understood that the inspiration for crafting and decon is increased. That is not the XP for master writs though. Master writs earn XP, not inspiration. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I would like to see the XP for master writs increased during the event.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All, I've got some answers for you regarding questions asked here from the Dev Team.
    @TheGreatBlackBear: Yes, there will be. Event Tickets are always available for Crowns

Monops wrote: »
    @Monops: There is a chance to get one from non-final Arena rounds, but guaranteed from the final round. Master Writs, World Bosses, and your first daily crafting writ (non-master) are guaranteed drops. This is also highlighted in the article.

So no 2x experience for this event?
    @karthrag_inak: That is correct, no 2x experience for this event.

There is nothing in the event announcement about the Indrik merchant carrying feathers to make Nascent Indriks to convert, I assume the merchant will have them but confirmation would be nice.
    @Seraphaile: Nenulaure is indeed the Indrik Vendor. She'll be at the Belkarth Festival Grounds, offering Nascent Indrik feathers, Luminous Indrik berries, Icebreath Indrik berries, plus the Shimmering Indrik pet and Rimedusk Indrik pet. ;)

Lastly, @Ek1, wanted to address the graphic you're working on. We ran your lines by the Dev team and they came back with edits. Feel free to use them as you see fit.
    Dev Suggestion:
    • (Gold) Sublime Parcel ONLY comes from the event daily, Honest Toil.
    • (Purple) Delightful Parcels come from intro quest, master writ, 1st daily, arena rounds when grouped with guildie, world bosses, stealing.

Happy to clarify any other points that will help you there, @Ek1

That should cover the core questions asked here. Happy to follow up here with additional questions prior to the event launch tomorrow. We will also have a new thread up tomorrow where players can ask questions after diving into the event and give feedback for future iterations. Thanks all.
    Staff Post
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    (Purple) Delightful Parcels come from intro quest, master writ, 1st daily, arena rounds when grouped with guildie, world bosses, stealing.

In your post you don't mention the world events like dolmen, geysers, dragons etc. In the news article it was mentioned that those also give these parcels. Right?
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    (Gold) Sublime Parcel ONLY comes from the event daily, Honest Toil.
    Thank you very many, this clears it. No farming of golden boxes with writs.
    Happy to clarify any other points that will help you there, @Ek1
    As it happens I do have one more question. There is mention of a chance for crafting boosters.
    Crafting boosters, Small chance of a gold-tier booster or a research time scroll
    What are considered gold-tier boosters? If I use the crate tiers as a reference then Grand Gold Coast Experience Scroll and major Research scrolls are such.
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta say, bummed out the XP for crafting writs won't be 2X. That really seems like it should be.

And before someone replies, I know the inspiration is boosted. I am speaking about the writ XP.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say, bummed out the XP for crafting writs won't be 2X. That really seems like it should be.

And before someone replies, I know the inspiration is boosted. I am speaking about the writ XP.

I have to agree, boosting inspiration is only a value to those that need it, I have 17 characters, only one still needs that inspiration boost...

but I am also bummed that we may not get a bazillion lower quality boxes for each of the daily writs, it seems to me that as this is an event to celebrate work, making supplies for the war effort is as close as we come to daily drudgery
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...