The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Shields and outfit system

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
Just throwing it out there….
Good evening Madam Community manager, ( @ZOS_GinaBruno )
I request a motion to have the choice to have only one of your equipped one handed weapons changed its “outfit” to resemble a shield provided that the player is not already equipping one shield. If this motion is to be denied, request a subsequent motion to have a mythic or armor set they allows for 1hand and shield to have increased dps output at the cost of reduced block mitigation similar to when one is not using a shield but equipping any other weapon system.
I also rise to put forth another motion regarding weapon skills, make new morphs that cost magika instead of stamina and vice-versa. I.e- bow deals fire damage (historically accurate in the real world)

Gavel is dropped* “the gentlemen’s time has expired”

Thank you Madam Community Manager, i yield back
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    What?
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Malyore ….ever seen a Government hearing, or debate within a legislature? They sound like that
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »
    What?

I probably missed the point, but I think.... He wants one of your one hand weapons to change appearance to a shield if you aren't using one already. Maybe. Government-speak or not neither request is really clear.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're trying to do dual wield but changing your off-hand weapon to a shield?
    Sounds cool, I'd always take sword and shield in any game that allows it.
    Unfortunately I don't think it would ever happen in this game...
    To make effective builds you have to look into what specific skill you want to spam, and build everything around it. Like, I can do around 15 to 20k dmg using power slam from having CP on points that increase bash dmg, jewelry with bash dmg increased, armor set like deadlands demolisher which increases bash dmg and does an AoE, and knight-errant which increases your sword and shield dmg.

I actually hate it... I'd rather have power slam be a tank skill that increases with your defense, still stacks 10 stacks of resentment (it makes more sense for a tank to deal a massive burst based on the damage they block, not a DPS who won't need to block that often), and have low-slash being the spammable for DPS...

But I'm just saying there are ways to make sword and shield a little bit more effective.

That said, I wouldn't be against us being able to change an off-hand weapon style to a shield or a staff for that matter.