The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is my daily PVP not progressing?

Bat
Bat
✭✭✭✭✭
I've won several matches today but still my daily sits at "Win a Tribute Match Against a Fellow Player". What gives? :#
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently does not count if the opponent concedes, the game has to play fully to the end in order for it to count
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently does not count if the opponent concedes, the game has to play fully to the end in order for it to count

Wow, this is bad, not only are there several bugs preventing people from winning (for example, being able to use two patrons in a turn without having a proper card for it or without buying Tithe card, I just lost a match because my opponent was able to do that) but there is also a way to prevent others from climbing in ranks entirely?!

I'll stop using concede in that case as I've been under the impression this only gives my opponent a win where it's been obvious they would win. This is just atrocious.

The competitive game mode should be pulled until these issues are resolved, and obviously no one should be awarded leaderboard prizes this season. Just yikes.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »

Wow, this is bad, not only are there several bugs preventing people from winning (for example, being able to use two patrons in a turn without having a proper card for it or without buying Tithe card, I just lost a match because my opponent was able to do that) but there is also a way to prevent others from climbing in ranks entirely?!

I'll stop using concede in that case as I've been under the impression this only gives my opponent a win where it's been obvious they would win. This is just atrocious.

The competitive game mode should be pulled until these issues are resolved, and obviously no one should be awarded leaderboard prizes this season. Just yikes.

concession does still count as a win for rewards/rank/leaderboard, but not for the daily quest

but your not wrong about issues, which is why i havent bothered participating in the pvp tribute stuff at all yet (and very annoying card upgrades are locked behind playing queued tribute matches)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not exactly sure how scoring works but it is messed up, that's for sure. I played I think 5 ranked matches last night (Rubedite Level). My pregame score was 881. I won 2 and lost 3 and when I was finished my score was 884.

Now how do I explain that,,,,,, I have no freakin' clue. I do know that starting over a week after launch there was no way I was making up a thousand points to have a chance at entering the top 100.

edit: and win or loose I get the Big Blue +0 scrolling above my level bar.
    Edited by Casdha on June 29, 2022 10:12PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%