The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Humongous Forum Icons on Mobile

propertyOfUndefined
propertyOfUndefined
✭✭✭✭✭
Happened earlier this week… Used to be only the Tales of Tribute icon was too big… Now they are consistently enormous. Using chrome on IOS… :)

aj7u3355vkzv.jpeg
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol yup, thought it was some new mobile format.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even the forums are buggy. XD
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was just about to make a thread about this lol

@ZOS_Kevin
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Nor can we report a post from our phones.]
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not seeing this now on my tablet.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed it yesterday. It only does it on Android on the mobile site. I use the desktop site on my phone and it's fine there.
    Edited by SilverBride on June 29, 2022 1:41AM
    PCNA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safari on iOS and the icons are huge.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are out of focus, too.
    PCNA
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is so bad 🫣
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same issue
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I kind of like it this way. Very lighthearted. Definitely more of a feature than a bug. The forums have been bombarded with too much functionality and stability lately. Maybe some disorder would keep us all humble and hinged.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using Opera on a Motorola and having the same.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking about this?
    rin9hj1jplnf.png
    Just took it a moment ago on my iPad.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »

That is the desktop site. The OP is referring to the mobile site that looks exactly like the picture he provided in the first post and takes up the entire screen.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uaux5w0wp8jq.jpg
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Out of curiosity, I loaded the site in chrome desktop just now, then used dev tools to simulate the iphone 12 rendering. The height and width of the images are set to 200px, and seem to be set in the image tags themselves (not the CSS). I think these used to be about 50px x 50px, so they are about 4X larger.

6lmyt4tur2cd.png
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey All, we are looking into this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Hoping to get this resolved soon.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the desktop site. The OP is referring to the mobile site that looks exactly like the picture he provided in the first post and takes up the entire screen.

That's mobile version. In fact mobile and desktop sites look the same for me.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey All, we are looking into this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Hoping to get this resolved soon.

Thanks!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the desktop version. Some mobile devices display the desktop version of websites, especially when you have that toggled on as a setting. That setting can be toggled on the device itself, or some websites let you choose to view them individually as the desktop version. I am unsure whether it's doing that for you automatically or if you have a setting toggled on somewhere, but that's the reason that you're not getting two different versions of the website.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I am using my phone I have to check the box that says "desktop site" to get it to look like that. Otherwise it defaults to the mobile site that looks very different for me.

I'd take a screenshot of what the mobile site looks like to show but it's broken at the moment. :) But I'll do that once it's fixed and show you how different they look for me.
    PCNA
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this exists for me on Android 10 on chrome
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on June 29, 2022 5:34PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lostar wrote: »

That bug has existed for years.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lostar wrote: »

That bug has existed for years.

You can report from your phone if you check the box for "desktop site".
    PCNA
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope this is fixed soon..
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @ZOS_Kevin !
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to update here. We are chatting with Vanilla (Our forum site host) on fixing the issue. Seems like some changes were made on their end that caused the icon enlargement. So this is a work in progress.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 30, 2022 3:33PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    That was quick! We just got word from Vanilla that they have made some changes to revert icons back to a normal size. It's displaying correctly now on our end, but if anyone else checks and sees jumbo icons persisting, could you please let us know?

It would be great to know what kind of phone, OS, and web browser you're running as well if you are still having an issue with the icons. Thanks all.
    Staff Post
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, back to normal now.